Brexit really IS a pile of poo.....literally!

Bulletguy

Leaked emails show officials planning crisis centres to manage halt in waste exports to EU

Government officials are preparing to deal with “putrefying stockpiles” of rubbish in the event of a no-deal Brexit, according to documents leaked to the Guardian.

If the UK leaves the EU without a deal on 29 March, export licences for millions of tonnes of waste will become invalid overnight. Environment Agency (EA) officials said leaking stockpiles could cause pollution.

The EA is also concerned that if farmers cannot export beef and lamb, a backlog of livestock on farms could cause liquid manure stores to overflow.

“If there is a no-deal scenario, the current export of waste may cease for a period. This could result in stockpiled waste which causes licence breaches,” the email said. “Odours will obviously be an issue as the stockpiled waste putrefies and there may be runoff of leachates, causing secondary pollution.”

EEeewwww. :-(

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/01/revealed-plan-to-deal-with-putrefying-stockpiles-of-rubbish-after-no-deal-brexit

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-02 8:16 PM

The EA is also concerned that if farmers cannot export beef and lamb, a backlog of livestock on farms could cause liquid manure stores to overflow.

The only genuine pile of poo is yours Bulletsh*t and the Guardians *-) .......

Do You actually read what you post Dumb Dumb? :-S .........

You have clearly never lived in the country (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Animal SH1T is a spread on the fields, to feed the grass that is fed to the cattle >:-) ..........

Jeeeesus some of you folk are seriously dumb >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-02-02 8:25 PM

Unlike you....i do. And as with this link, you've not read it through have you? Just skimmed over as usual. Please tell me how the 3 million tonnes annually of household rubbish, metal and recycling waste can be "spread on fields, to feed the grass that is fed to the cattle"?

Please tell me you have an answer. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-02 9:52 PM

Unlike you....i do. And as with this link, you've not read it through have you? Just skimmed over as usual. Please tell me how the 3 million tonnes annually of household rubbish, metal and recycling waste can be "spread on fields, to feed the grass that is fed to the cattle"?

Do you think its acceptable to export our rubbish? ;-) ..........

Besides how long has Malaysia or Vietnam been part of the EU? >:-) .............

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/uk-plastic-pollution-oceans-recycling-export-waste-malaysia-vietnam-thailand-a8400761.html

pelmetman - 2019-02-03 9:42 AM

Why do you always answer a question with a question when backed into a corner? Ah yes, of course, silly me, just more Pelmet deflection and crackpot chop logic.

From the op linked article; As well as recycling waste, the UK ships about 3m tonnes of rubbish a year to the EU to be burned in incinerators that generate electricity. Most of this is household rubbish, which is sometimes shredded and has metal removed before being sent abroad.

As i said, you just never read through articles at all and your postings prove that. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-03 4:35 PM

Why do you always answer a question with a question when backed into a corner? Ah yes, of course, silly me, just more Pelmet deflection and crackpot chop logic.

From the op linked article; As well as recycling waste, the UK ships about 3m tonnes of rubbish a year to the EU to be burned in incinerators that generate electricity. Most of this is household rubbish, which is sometimes shredded and has metal removed before being sent abroad.

As i said, you just never read through articles at all and your postings prove that. *-)

So we're giving away free fuel 8-) ..........

It's time we built some incinerators to take advantage of all that waste..........Cheshire seems like the ideal place :D ..........

pelmetman - 2019-02-03 10:23 PM

No......but UK rate payers will no doubt end up paying increases. Time we kicked you non-paying rate dodging state scroungers into touch.

It's time we built some incinerators to take advantage of all that waste..........

With what? You've practically bankrupted the country with your insane quest to "take back control" and kick foreigners out (both of which has failed).

Outside my 29 year old rusty Transit Travelhome seems like the ideal place :D ..........

I agree,

Guest pelmetman
Geeco - 2019-02-04 6:00 AM
Good morning all, I thought the link below might indicate that UK is not the only one "in the poo"!
My view is that each country should be responsible for it's own waste in whatever form it takes. Cheers,

That must be Brexits fault :D ...........According to Bullets lonely brain cell it will be (lol) .........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-03 10:45 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-03 10:23 PM

No......but UK rate payers will no doubt end up paying increases. Time we kicked you non-paying rate dodging state scroungers into touch.

So the taxpayer isn't paying to ship it to the EU? ;-) .........

You're are correct about one thing, our property is rented so our tenants pay the rates B-) ..........

Ooooh how that's going to annoy you :D ........

Archived