Brexiteers told you so..........

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2021-02-04 12:17 PM

Didn't we say we'd do better outside of the EU? >:-) ...........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9223499/Most-people-believe-Brexit-HELPED-UKs-huge-vaccination-drive.html

There's No need for you LOSERS to thank us (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

That is belief Dave. They are wrong. Some people believe in fairies and unicorns. Ever seen any? Just askin'! :-D Quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quuuuaaaaaaaaaaack!

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-02-04 12:43 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9223499/Most-people-believe-Brexit-HELPED-UKs-huge-vaccination-drive.html

That is belief Dave. They are wrong. Some people believe in fairies and unicorns. Ever seen any? Just askin'! :-D Quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quuuuaaaaaaaaaaack!

Still ignoring the evidence Brian? >:-) ............

Which European country do you think will be first out of lockdown?........ Allowing their economy to recover from the Pandemic induced recession? ;-) ...........

I'm bet my rubber duck it'll be little Ol Brexit Blighty B-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-02-04 1:49 PM

Which European country do you think will be first out of lockdown?........ Allowing their economy to recover from the Pandemic induced recession? ;-) ...........

Which European country is in the deepest recession?

Little hint, its the one with more than 108,000 dead.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-04 1:54 PM

Which European country is in the deepest recession?

Little hint, its the one with more than 108,000 dead.

As I pointed out previously *-) ..........

A country who's economy is booming will show the biggest fall in GDP when compared to a country that is stagnating ;-) ...........

I expect Brexit Blighty to boom again as soon as we are allowed out of Lockdown B-) ........

Which will start to happen in March once Boris has got the majority of us vaccinated :-D ..........

When do you think your EU chums will emerge from Lockdown? >:-) ........

Just askin :D .........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2021-02-04 2:08 PM

Ooooh look........another TROLL thread from Pinocchio whose away with the fairies as usual. *-)

Dontcha think its a bit hypocritical for you to call anyone Pinocchio? ;-) .........

Given that you are a PROVEN Liar...... like Your Leader Snakey Starmer >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-02-04 2:09 PM

A country who's economy is booming will show the biggest fall in GDP when compared to a country that is stagnating ;-) ...........

I expect Brexit Blighty to boom again as soon as we are allowed out of Lockdown B-) ........

Which will start to happen in March once Boris has got the majority of us vaccinated :-D ..........

Except we were already heading into recession (thanks to Brexit) before Covid arrived. (Source ONS)

"UK GDP was flat in Quarter 4 2019, as the underlying momentum continued to slow

UK gross domestic product (GDP) was flat in Quarter 4 (Oct to Dec) 2019. The subdued performance of the UK economy is in line with the majority of external expectations, including the National Institute of Economic and Social Research and the Bank of England. The first snapshot of how the economy performed in 2019 as a whole shows GDP growth of 1.4%. This reflects a slight pickup from the previous year, although it is one of the slowest rates since the financial crisis of 2008 and 2009.

UK GDP growth has been particularly volatile throughout 2019, in part reflecting changes in the timing of activity related to the UK’s original planned exit dates from the EU. Although there is some evidence, both externally and in this dataset, that there has been stockpiling taking place in late 2019 ahead of the second planned EU exit date in October, initial estimates indicate that this was to a lesser degree than that taking place ahead of the original planned EU exit date in March. At face value the headline imports figures do not show strong evidence consistent with stockpiling, but when we look at the monthly path of imports from the EU we do see a pattern consistent with that seen in advance of the UK’s original departure date at the end March, albeit less pronounced. The extent to which stockpiling happened in Quarter 4 2019 will become clearer as we receive additional data.

The underlying momentum in the UK economy continued to show signs of slowing. Quarterly GDP growth has been between 0.2% and 0.3% in 2019 on average, continuing the slowing that has been experienced over the previous five years. Compared with the same quarter a year ago, the UK economy increased by 1.1% (Figure 1)."

So we started from a poor position and its getting worse?

Oh and over 109,000 deaths with today's figures.

pelmetman - 2021-02-04 2:12 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-02-04 2:08 PM

Ooooh look........another TROLL thread from Pinocchio whose away with the fairies as usual. *-)

Dontcha think its a bit hypocritical for you to call anyone Pinocchio? ;-) .........

Given that you are a PROVEN Liar .........

Not at all as YOUR LIES have been exposed on here many times. You're a sore LOSER after losing the bet you were foolish enough to make where I raised you giving you one hour to prove me wrong. You FAILED to deliver so LOST the bet making you a LOSER. I don't accept scrounging squatters in my property so will be having you removed when you've finished tarting it up.

The poll is misleading as it should have been a yes or no answer. 35% is not "most people". nearly half of them said no or were unsure.

However its incredible that 35% do think that it helped but then its like Stockholm Syndrome in the UK at the moment. We are in so much trouble there is an element I am sure that are just desperate to hang on to the coat tails of Johnson and his spivs and their potty Brexit that they will just believe everything they say even when absolute evidence and facts emerge to show otherwise. Dave is a prime example. Despite 100% facts and evidence provided showing how us getting our vaccines had nothing to do with leaving the EU he wont accept it. You may as well debate with a hat stand.

Brian Kirby - 2021-02-04 12:43 PM..........................

1 Still ignoring the evidence Brian? >:-) ............

2 Which European country do you think will be first out of lockdown?........ Allowing their economy to recover from the Pandemic induced recession? ;-) ...........

3 I'm bet my rubber duck it'll be little Ol Brexit Blighty B-) ..........

1 I never ignore evidence Dave, when it's credible. All the Mail article says is that their readership is ignorant of the facts. Well, blow me down! Do you really think they haven't known, and exploited, that much for years? It was all made clear by Levison - I think you must have missed it?

2 Do I think? Is that on the same basis that the DM readers "think"? :-D But, out of lockdown? Well, we've done that twice to date, and each time we've had to go back in - because the government lost its nerve. So, do I think they've finally got it? Given their track record I'm not holding my breath! If they have, logically, we should be first out, but if they run according to form they'll bottle it again, and a few weeks later we'll be entering lockdown four.

So, do I go on to think we'll then exit the UK's largely self-inflicted Covid recession? Initial bounce back probable. If that follows previous experience, it will be followed by a series of bankruptcies as the just about surviving firms collapse under the stress of trying to get going again, followed inevitably by a surge in unemployment.

People will probably start spending what they've saved during Covid, but will be more likely to do so online because a) they won't feel that safe toddling around the shops, and b) because there won't be that many shops to toddle around. So expect a surge in Amazon profits, and imports, leading to worsening balance of trade figures, a fall in the value of the £, and a consequent rise in the cost of all those imports. Possibly some increase in exports for those still in business and able to work out how to get their goods through customs!

But then, once the stack of debt we've accumulated while having three bites at a one bite lockdown becomes fully visible, I expect the government, the stock markets, and the currency traders to all panic at once, with extreme austerity being imposed, possibly accompanied by a collapse in the value of the £ and possibly, because Sterling lacks the weight to weather that lot, by some currency exchange restrictions. Cue further bankruptcies and increased unemployment, triggering a downward spiral.

So, in summary, a short term boost followed by a long, hard, recession verging on depression. Then factor in the impacts of Brexit, and I see very little light and a whole mountain of gloom while we try to dig ourselves out from under.

The extent to which that happens will depend on what the rest of the world does. If they follow the same path this could make the 1939 crash look like losing your pocket money. Fortunately, we have better communications than in 1929, so some cooperation and coordination might head off the worst. If not, there will be little to be gained from Brexit and its "increased Sovereignty" in a world wide recession.

3 So, you may just need that rubber duck as a lifebelt! Sorry to be indelicate, but we had duck last night. Very good too! Hope it wasn't a close relative! I'd stay quietly in the duck-house for a while 'though, if I were you!

and that's just an opinion

Brian Kirby -

1 I never ignore evidence Dave, when it's credible. All the Mail article says is that their readership is ignorant of the facts. Well, blow me down! Do you really think they haven't known, and exploited, that much for years? It was all made clear by Levison - I think you must have missed it?

2 Do I think? Is that on the same basis that the DM readers "think"? :-D But, out of lockdown? Well, we've done that twice to date, and each time we've had to go back in - because the government lost its nerve. So, do I think they've finally got it? Given their track record I'm not holding my breath! If they have, logically, we should be first out, but if they run according to form they'll bottle it again, and a few weeks later we'll be entering lockdown four.

So, do I go on to think we'll then exit the UK's largely self-inflicted Covid recession? Initial bounce back probable. If that follows previous experience, it will be followed by a series of bankruptcies as the just about surviving firms collapse under the stress of trying to get going again, followed inevitably by a surge in unemployment.

People will probably start spending what they've saved during Covid, but will be more likely to do so online because a) they won't feel that safe toddling around the shops, and b) because there won't be that many shops to toddle around. So expect a surge in Amazon profits, and imports, leading to worsening balance of trade figures, a fall in the value of the £, and a consequent rise in the cost of all those imports. Possibly some increase in exports for those still in business and able to work out how to get their goods through customs!

But then, once the stack of debt we've accumulated while having three bites at a one bite lockdown becomes fully visible, I expect the government, the stock markets, and the currency traders to all panic at once, with extreme austerity being imposed, possibly accompanied by a collapse in the value of the £ and possibly, because Sterling lacks the weight to weather that lot, by some currency exchange restrictions. Cue further bankruptcies and increased unemployment, triggering a downward spiral.

So, in summary, a short term boost followed by a long, hard, recession verging on depression. Then factor in the impacts of Brexit, and I see very little light and a whole mountain of gloom while we try to dig ourselves out from under.

The extent to which that happens will depend on what the rest of the world does. If they follow the same path this could make the 1939 crash look like losing your pocket money. Fortunately, we have better communications than in 1929, so some cooperation and coordination might head off the worst. If not, there will be little to be gained from Brexit and its "increased Sovereignty" in a world wide recession.

3 So, you may just need that rubber duck as a lifebelt! Sorry to be indelicate, but we had duck last night. Very good too! Hope it wasn't a close relative! I'd stay quietly in the duck-house for a while 'though, if I were you!

Your first sentence appears suspicious Brian.

Brian Kirby - 2021-02-04 6:50 PM

2 Which European country do you think will be first out of lockdown?........ Allowing their economy to recover from the Pandemic induced recession? ;-) ...........

That's already noticeable Brian. My avenue is normally pretty much traffic free throughout the day but hasn't been now for the past few months. DHL, UPS, delivering packages with Morrisons and Tesco delivering groceries. I've used Morrisons for well over a year now and don't intend going back to shopping instore again as I couldn't stand it anyway. It was just a necessary chore.

I'd stay quietly in the duck-house for a while 'though, if I were you!

pelmetman - 2020-11-23 8:29 AM

I'm only hanging around on here for another 38 days......Then I'll be off B-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-12-17 7:13 PM

Fortunately I have a life B-) ........

I'm not a liar.,...So I will be buggering off at 1 minute past midnight after New Years Eve B-) .......

He managed just 12 days. *-)

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-04 2:24 PM

Except we were already heading into recession (thanks to Brexit) before Covid arrived. (Source ONS)

"UK GDP was flat in Quarter 4 2019, as the underlying momentum continued to slow

UK gross domestic product (GDP) was flat in Quarter 4 (Oct to Dec) 2019. The subdued performance of the UK economy is in line with the majority of external expectations, including the National Institute of Economic and Social Research and the Bank of England. The first snapshot of how the economy performed in 2019 as a whole shows GDP growth of 1.4%. This reflects a slight pickup from the previous year, although it is one of the slowest rates since the financial crisis of 2008 and 2009.

UK GDP growth has been particularly volatile throughout 2019, in part reflecting changes in the timing of activity related to the UK’s original planned exit dates from the EU. Although there is some evidence, both externally and in this dataset, that there has been stockpiling taking place in late 2019 ahead of the second planned EU exit date in October, initial estimates indicate that this was to a lesser degree than that taking place ahead of the original planned EU exit date in March. At face value the headline imports figures do not show strong evidence consistent with stockpiling, but when we look at the monthly path of imports from the EU we do see a pattern consistent with that seen in advance of the UK’s original departure date at the end March, albeit less pronounced. The extent to which stockpiling happened in Quarter 4 2019 will become clearer as we receive additional data.

The underlying momentum in the UK economy continued to show signs of slowing. Quarterly GDP growth has been between 0.2% and 0.3% in 2019 on average, continuing the slowing that has been experienced over the previous five years. Compared with the same quarter a year ago, the UK economy increased by 1.1% (Figure 1)."

Thats not what the B of E say....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55934405

We’ve been overtaken in deaths per 100,000 by 4 other countries.

jumpstart - 2021-02-04 8:23 PM

Nothing I have said disagrees with the Bank of England statement.

Agree we are now third, Belgium and Slovenia obviously have really diet leading to poor immune systems being the norm, perhaps we can export some probiotic yogurts or kefir there? Oh wait, we're no longer allowed to do that.....

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-04 8:56 PM

Agree we are now third, Belgium and Slovenia obviously have really diet leading to poor immune systems being the norm, perhaps we can export some probiotic yogurts or kefir there? Oh wait, we're no longer allowed to do that.....

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

Far as i can see you said its getting worse....BofE say they expect a bounce back . Thats not worse.

Guest pelmetman

So you don't consider the BOE Governor credible? 8-) ..........

Seeing as he agrees that the UK will boom once Lockdown is over B-).........

Looks like your LOSER surrender duck will soon be getting torpedoed by Brexit Blighty Duck >:-) .........

jumpstart - 2021-02-04 9:29 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-04 8:56 PM

Far as i can see you said its getting worse....BofE say they expect a bounce back . Thats not worse.

Okay step by step.

Pelmethead said "A country who's economy is booming will show the biggest fall in GDP when compared to a country that is stagnating ...."

I linked to a ONS report that showed that in 2019, before covid, the UK economy was that the "underlying momentum in the UK economy continued to show signs of slowing. Quarterly GDP growth has been between 0.2% and 0.3% in 2019 on average, continuing the slowing that has been experienced over the previous five years. Compared with the same quarter a year ago, the UK economy increased by 1.1% (Figure 1)."

So the statement made by Pelmethead regarding the previous state of the UK economy was factually wrong, as are most of Pelmetheads statements.

I then reiterated the point that I had made in my earlier post and to which Pelmethead was responding to, that the UK was having the deepest recession compared to others that had acted more quickly with measures to suppress the spread of the virus.

All of my comments related to what has already happened.

You linked to a BBC report on the Bank of England latest Monetary Policy Report, this is discussing what they expect to happen next, although within the actual report it confirms my above statements.

So no, I didn't say it was getting worse, I said we were starting from a weak position compared to others. As confirmed by the ONS and Bank of England reports.

pelmetman - 2021-02-05 9:28 AM

When all the shops are shut no-one buys as much stuff.

When all the shops are open people will buy a lot more stuff.

That's not really a ' boom ' - it's just catching up, and getting back to normal.

Not really hard for anyone to predict.

:-|

pelmetman - 2021-02-05 9:28 AM

Looks like your LOSER surrender duck will soon be getting torpedoed by Brexit Blighty Duck >:-) .........

What the Monetary Policy Report linked to in the BBC report actually says is that it might not be as bad as we first thought, it also confirms that we are starting from a weak position.

Guest pelmetman

This will annoy Brian and his fellow LOSERS :D ...........

"Ursula von der Leyen accidentally made the case for Brexit while apologising to Europe for the slow pace of her vaccine roll-out today - admitting that solo countries will be quicker at getting things done."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9227551/Ursula-von-der-Leyen-accidentally-SUPPORTS-Brexit-apologising-EU-vaccine-shambles.html

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Suck it up ........LOSERS >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-02-05 2:21 PM

This will annoy Brian and his fellow LOSERS :D ...........

"Ursula von der Leyen accidentally made the case for Brexit while apologising to Europe for the slow pace of her vaccine roll-out today - admitting that solo countries will be quicker at getting things done."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9227551/Ursula-von-der-Leyen-accidentally-SUPPORTS-Brexit-apologising-EU-vaccine-shambles.html

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Suck it up ........LOSERS >:-) .........

I'll tell you who has lost, both you and I.

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/02/05/crony-ratio-conservative-donations-government-coronavirus-contracts/?fbclid=IwAR0RH09gDK-W2OxU7BmiRVMM6nrh9QYSMHqFLYpAHlMLMbkp6tsbcr06Dt0

Archived