Britains descent into a Fascist state

Bulletguy

Patels amendments to the nationality and borders bill is seriously chilling leaving foreign born British citizens deprived of their citizenship, without notice or notification.

Think about that for a moment............without notice or notification. Never has the vile racial hatred of telling someone not born in the UK to "go back to your own country" been more clear. And now the same people are left hanging in some kind of limbo, not knowing when or if, they will be deprived of their citizenship.

As it says in one of the articles, It is hard to imagine a more flagrantly racist idea emanating from anywhere but a National Front manifesto: it affects half of British Asians and 39% of Black Britons. What happened to Britain that enabled it to descend into a Fascist racist state? How have we sunk so low?

That Patel, whose parents came here as immigrants, is the chief architect behind depriving foreign born British citizens of their citizenship, without notice or notification, is even more astonishing.

'I was born here but could be sent 'back to where I came from' with no warning'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/i-born-here-could-sent-25653456

I thought gaining British citizenship would mean security at last... how wrong I was

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/nationality-borders-bill-citizenship-uk-b1973034.html

Cruel ministers have made citizenship a tool of dirty politics

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/08/citizenship-politics-nationality-and-border-bill-repatriation-deportation

Excellent news and I hope they succeed.

Home Office sued by watchdog set up to protect post-Brexit rights of EU citizens

The statutory body set up to protect the post-Brexit rights of EU citizens settled in the UK has taken the dramatic step of launching legal action against the Home Office, accusing it of breaching their basic rights.

The Independent Monitoring Authority has launched judicial review proceedings on the grounds that 2.5 million EU citizens who have been granted pre-settled status have been put at automatic risk of losing rights to live, work or rent, or being deported by the Home Office.

EU nationals and their families who have been in the UK for more than five years get settled status under the Home Office immigration scheme set up for Brexit but those who have been in the country fewer than five years get pre-settled and must apply again for settled status.

But if they do not apply before their pre-settled status expires, they automatically lose their rights and could be liable to removal from the country, something the IMA has said it considers unlawful.

The IMA will argue that the loss of work and home or right to healthcare is an unjustifiable and direct consequence of Brexit, not of the individual’s making.

https://tinyurl.com/44bvt3un

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pelmetman

Hear only evil.....See only evil....Talk only evil........must have a wonderfully miserable life 8-) ........

Worra bunch of LOSER Chimps (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2022-01-07 4:18 PM

Hear only evil.....See only evil....Talk only evil........must have a wonderfully miserable life 8-) ........

Everyone should follow your example Dave :

Read nothing - learn nothing - talk nonsense.

Then they could all share your sunlit uplands.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2022-01-07 9:08 PM

;-)

Alternatively you could always take the LOSER blinkers off.......and restore your previous balanced view of the world.....by climbing back on the fence ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2022-01-08 9:07 AM

;-)

Alternatively you could always take the LOSER blinkers off.......and restore your previous balanced view of the world.....by climbing back on the fence ;-) ..........

I can never understand why you are so pleased that us Brits are all LOSERS after Brexit.

:-(

Bulletguy - 2021-12-11 8:01 PM

Patels amendments to the nationality and borders bill is seriously chilling leaving foreign born British citizens deprived of their citizenship, without notice or notification.

Think about that for a moment............without notice or notification. Never has the vile racial hatred of telling someone not born in the UK to "go back to your own country" been more clear. And now the same people are left hanging in some kind of limbo, not knowing when or if, they will be deprived of their citizenship.

As it says in one of the articles, It is hard to imagine a more flagrantly racist idea emanating from anywhere but a National Front manifesto: it affects half of British Asians and 39% of Black Britons. What happened to Britain that enabled it to descend into a Fascist racist state? How have we sunk so low?

That Patel, whose parents came here as immigrants, is the chief architect behind depriving foreign born British citizens of their citizenship, without notice or notification, is even more astonishing.

I thought gaining British citizenship would mean security at last... how wrong I was

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/nationality-borders-bill-citizenship-uk-b1973034.html

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/08/citizenship-politics-nationality-and-border-bill-repatriation-deportation

I’ve read the articles Bullet. In my view they overstate the potential adverse consequences. A person who faces the prospect of a deprivation of citizenship order who is present in the UK is hardly likely to let the Home Office have the information necessary to serve him or her with a notice. The example of Miss Khan in the first article is a tad preposterous, unless she has reason to believe she falls into a category of people against whom an order can be made…see below

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nationality-and-borders-bill-deprivation-of-citizenship-factsheet/nationality-and-borders-bill-deprivation-of-citizenship-factsheet

What the amendment offers is the possibility that if a person made subject of such an order is found a deportation notice can be served on them immediately and they can be detained if there are grounds for believing they are likely to abscond or commit offences. The need for the public to be protected triumphs in my view over the unjustified fears of law-abiding people who have acquired their citizenship in a manner that enables it to be theoretically taken away from them. Such citizens benefit in terms of their own security just as all law-abiding citizens who can never be deprived of citizenship do.

Violet1956 - 2022-01-08 2:47 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-12-11 8:01 PM

I’ve read the articles Bullet. In my view they overstate the potential adverse consequences. A person who faces the prospect of a deprivation of citizenship order who is present in the UK is hardly likely to let the Home Office have the information necessary to serve him or her with a notice. The example of Miss Khan in the first article is a tad preposterous, unless she has reason to believe she falls into a category of people against whom an order can be made…see below

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nationality-and-borders-bill-deprivation-of-citizenship-factsheet/nationality-and-borders-bill-deprivation-of-citizenship-factsheet

What the amendment offers is the possibility that if a person made subject of such an order is found a deportation notice can be served on them immediately and they can be detained if there are grounds for believing they are likely to abscond or commit offences. The need for the public to be protected triumphs in my view over the unjustified fears of law-abiding people who have acquired their citizenship in a manner that enables it to be theoretically taken away from them. Such citizens benefit in terms of their own security just as all law-abiding citizens who can never be deprived of citizenship do.

You raise some interesting points Veronica and I wish I could say I share your optimism but after the atrocious debacle of Windrush fueled by the campaign of hatred waged by the ToryKip government who created the "hostile environment" they were so proud of, I cannot.

Two years ago BBC screened a drama documentary, "Sitting in Limbo", about Anthony Bryans experience with the Home Office and Border Force. If you haven't seen it, it is still available on iPlayer; https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p08g29ff/sitting-in-limbo and here is an article about it; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52743684 For me it proved a very disturbing watch and after the Windrush debacle first broke, I seriously began to question the direction this country was going.

Anthony Bryans case is just one of many who received similar treatment over which Patel says she is "sorry". That's not good enough and it comes as no surprise to me that over four years later the Home Office has compensated just 5% of victims. https://tinyurl.com/472kvv6d It's also worth noting that under Patels potty scheme of chasing immigrants off (those she and her ToryKipper mates don't like), her parents would never have got into UK!

Remember, Patel is the clown who doesn't even know the difference between terrorism and counter-terrorism in that she wants to double the sentences of counter-terrorist offenders;

With an idiot like her as Home Secretary it's ever likely the countries security services don't have any faith or trust in her.

If you want to see Johnson and Patel's view on how foreigners should be treated then look no further than their treatment of those who fought alongside us in Afghanistan.

And yet again he lied about it.

"On 18 August 2021, in the midst of the Afghanistan crisis, Boris Johnson told parliament:

“I can announce today that we are committing to relocating another 5,000 Afghans this year, with a new and bespoke resettlement scheme focusing on the most vulnerable, particularly women and children.”

But the government now admits that, as of 6 January 2022, just one family had been resettled and granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK through the programme.

Watered-down promise or mixed messages?

If you’ve been following the Afghan Citizens Resettlement Scheme (ACRS), you might have got the impression that the target was only ever to relocate 5,000 people by the end of the programme’s “first year” – rather than by the end of 2021.

That’s the line taken by government ministers since 18 August and on the ACRS webpage on gov.uk since it launched in September.

It’s an important departure from what the prime minister told MPs because, until yesterday, the scheme wasn’t officially “open”. So according to this version of the commitment, the government has until January 2023 to meet its 5,000-person target.

But was that the plan all along? Did the prime minister simply misspeak in the summer? The evidence we have is mixed.

On the evening of 17 August, just hours before Mr Johnson addressed parliament, several news outlets reported that the government’s deadline was the end of last year.

The Guardian wrote: “The scheme will allow 20,000 Afghans to settle in the UK, expected to happen over five years. Of that total, it is planned that 5,000 will arrive by the end of 2021.” A headline in the Metro read: “Up to 5,000 Afghans offered asylum in UK this year and 20,000 in ‘long term’”. And iNews reported: “Up to 5,000 refugees will be resettled in the UK by the end of 2021”.

These reports don’t name a specific source, but they suggest that someone in government had briefed journalists that the aim was to resettle 5,000 people by the end of 2021.

Nevertheless, the coverage was not uniform.

On 17 August, the Independent ran the headline: “Just 5,000 Afghans to be offered refuge in UK this year”. But the article itself said the plan was to welcome that number “over the coming year”, suggesting the deadline was August 2022.

That same night, Reuters relayed the government’s “plans to welcome up to 5,000 Afghans fleeing the Taliban during the first year of a new resettlement programme”.

And the internet archive shows that just over an hour before the prime minister addressed parliament, the government’s official webpage said: “The UK government’s ambition is for the new Afghanistan citizens’ resettlement scheme to resettle 5,000 Afghan nationals who are at risk due to the current crisis, in its first year.”

But if the prime minister did mean to say “in its first year” and not “this year”, he doesn’t seem to have made any attempt to correct the record. We’ve found no evidence of a formal correction on the Hansard website, which is the official account of parliamentary proceedings (we searched the terms “Afghan”, “Afghanistan”, “resettlement” and “refugee”).

A Home Office spokesperson said: “We helped over 15,000 people to safety in the largest and fastest emergency evacuation in recent history, and have continued to bring people to the UK, with around 1,500 people helped to enter since the evacuation.”

(Entering the UK is different to being granted indefinite leave to remain through a resettlement scheme).

The spokesperson added: “The ACRS?is a bespoke scheme?which?responds?to?a challenging and complex situation and it’s been?important to?design this carefully to ensure it?prioritises?those who are most?at risk.”

FactCheck verdict

Boris Johnson said in parliament on 18 August 2021 that the government would “relocate 5,000 Afghans this year” through the Afghan Citizens Resettlement Scheme.

As of 6 January 2022, just one family had been resettled through the scheme.

It’s possible that Mr Johnson misspoke in his parliamentary address. Perhaps he meant to say 5,000 people would be relocated by the end of the scheme’s first year. This has been the government’s official line since August and would push the deadline back to 2023 as the scheme only opened yesterday.

The evidence for this is inconclusive. However, press reports from before Mr Johnson’s statement suggest the initial plan may have been to relocate 5,000 people by the end of 2021.

But even if he did misspeak, the prime minister has not corrected the record – so it seems the government has broken the promise Mr Johnson made on 18 August."

Entirely agree with Paul that Patel is an idiot to the extent that the amendment he expressed concern about definitely hasn’t been initiated by her but someone with good operational knowledge. She has shown little regard for or knowledge of international law and spouts a lot of window dressing rubbish. I just wouldn’t lose sight of the fact that not everything that the government proposes with regard to improving immigration control is bad. The Home Office should be reeling from the report on the systemic mess identified by the Windrush Lessons Learned Review. I can understand why there is no trust in the competence of the Home Office but for the reasons I have already stated this is a perfectly reasonable new measure. It is also worth remembering that deprivation of citizenship and deportation decisions are appealable.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2022-01-08 9:48 AM

;-)

I can never understand why you are so pleased that us Brits are all LOSERS after Brexit.

Wrong again.......48% of you Lost ;-) .........

The LOSERS are those of you who have yet to accept that fact *-) ...........

Violet1956 - 2022-01-09 12:38 PM

Entirely agree with Paul that Patel is an idiot to the extent that the amendment he expressed concern about definitely hasn’t been initiated by her but someone with good operational knowledge. She has shown little regard for or knowledge of international law and spouts a lot of window dressing rubbish. I just wouldn’t lose sight of the fact that not everything that the government proposes with regard to improving immigration control is bad. The Home Office should be reeling from the report on the systemic mess identified by the Windrush Lessons Learned Review. I can understand why there is no trust in the competence of the Home Office but for the reasons I have already stated this is a perfectly reasonable new measure. It is also worth remembering that deprivation of citizenship and deportation decisions are appealable.

Veronica, the second time Anthony Bryan was taken from his home as an "illegal" there was no appeal. After banging him up in prison the authorities had his one way plane ticket ready. After 50 years of working and paying taxes in this country, the government wanted rid of him. Government have been dragging their heels over settling compensation as they hope they will die which has happened in some cases.

I forgot to post this link also which is well worth viewing and shows the prejudices which have always been there. The proof is irrefutable as it's officially documented and the presenter, David Olusoga, shows the original files. The "hostile environment" was not a new creation.....it's always been there. This documentary also uncovers some facts which may shock folk.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00068sk/the-unwanted-the-secret-windrush-files

Guest pelmetman

So why hasn't this Fascist state managed to deport those perverts from Rochdale? :-| ........

Is it because our "So Called Justice System" is hog tied by liberal minded folk like you? ;-) ........

BTW do you NOW accept I have won our bet? ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2022-01-09 3:32 PM

;-)

Dave, Brexit was nearly six years ago. How can anyone not accept it? Its happened. So the only losers are those that have lost out because of Brexit which is pretty much everyone at one scale or another apart from Boris Johnson and some of his Brexit cronies. Wake me up when we become Brexit winners.

I bet you will have it on your gravestone. Brexit "Winner" lies here.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2022-01-09 4:15 PM

;-)

Dave, Brexit was nearly six years ago. How can anyone not accept it? Its happened. So the only losers are those that have lost out because of Brexit which is pretty much everyone at one scale or another apart from Boris Johnson and some of his Brexit cronies. Wake me up when we become Brexit winners.

I bet you will have it on your gravestone. Brexit "Winner" lies here.

I'd rather have a "winner lies here" on my gravestone .......than a "whiner who told lies lies here" :D .......

P1010899.JPG.edcdf75b0ea144ad5f8f617791d6be2a.JPG

;-)

I have not come across anyone who has not accepted the result of the referendum Dave.

( I think you must be confused with Trump after the U.S election )

The Remainers only lost the referendum - but the Brexiteers have lost the argument about whether or not the population of the UK is better off..

That's why, after 5 years, you still haven't come up with a list of benefits of leaving, that we can all enjoy.

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2022-01-09 4:35 PM

;-)

I have not come across anyone who has not accepted the result of the referendum Dave.

The Remainers only lost the referendum - but the Brexiteers have lost the argument about whether or not the population of the UK is better off..

That's why, after 5 years, you still haven't come up with a list of benefits of leaving, that we can all enjoy.

Frankly Malc your post shows that you haven't got over losing *-) ..........

That's why after 5 years I no longer bother treating you with respect :-| ........

Which prolly saddens me more than you.........

pelmetman - 2022-01-09 4:09 PM

So why hasn't this Fascist state managed to deport those perverts from Rochdale? :-| ........

Is it because our "So Called Justice System" is hog tied by liberal minded folk like you? ;-) ........

I kinda knew you would ask so I tried an internet search before your post and there is no information about what happened to them particularly that scumbag they called "big daddy". Forgive me but I can't remember the exact terms of our bet. What do I owe you?

As to the "liberal minded" epithet, thanks Dave I'm flattered.

Regards Veronica

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2022-01-09 5:54 PM

I kinda knew you would ask so I tried an internet search before your post and there is no information about what happened to them particularly that scumbag they called "big daddy". Forgive me but I can't remember the exact terms of our bet. What do I owe you?

Regards Veronica

I doubt I'd be flattered by knowing that folk who think like you......... are responsible for allowing murderers and rapists to reoffend by allowing them out ........You can hardly blame folk who are Rightminded like me can you? :-| .........

As for our bet ;-) ........I'll add that to my winnings as a Brexiteer :D ........

pelmetman - 2022-01-09 6:24 PM

Regards Veronica

I doubt I'd be flattered by knowing that folk who think like you......... are responsible for allowing murderers and rapists to reoffend by allowing them out ........You can hardly blame folk who are Rightminded like me can you? :-| .........

As for our bet ;-) ........I'll add that to my winnings as a Brexiteer :D ........

So you know how I think?

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2022-01-09 6:39 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-09 6:24 PM

Regards Veronica

So you know how I think?

Did you not tell me you are liberal minded when you said this (?) .........

"As to the "liberal minded" epithet, thanks Dave I'm flattered."

Maybe your just a wannabe liberal? :D ........

pelmetman - 2022-01-09 4:39 PM

malc d - 2022-01-09 4:35 PM

;-)

Frankly Malc your post shows that you haven't got over losing *-) ..........

What you mean is, you wish I would stop reminding you, and everyone else, that you still haven't come up with any benefits of Brexit.

I have to conclude it's because you don't know any.

Archived