Broken lock joy

LordThornber

Well I have just been putting some bits & bobs in the van and upon exiting, I turned the key in the caravan door lock and it snapped :-(

Fast forward to 5 mins ago, I thought well let's have a go at the cheapest option first, I'll see if the spare will, by some miracle still work even with the broken bit still in.

And yes!! Great joy and happiness it does, I dread to think how much the poential costs of repair might have been.

Think I'm getting as tight as Howie - and that's tight

Martyn

Guest Tracker

And since when was Howie the tightest old git on here?

I am most unhappy that your Lordship sees fit to give away my crown without so much as a by your leave.

As an example I recently made a new Automatic Fiat gearbox with a proper reverse gear out of some washing up liquid bottles (empty - but save the liquid as a lubricant), a defunct washing machine, a central heating pump and electronic controller, a bag of assorted nails (just for the sound effect - purely cosmetic you understand), some rubber bands (you know the red ones that postmen everywhere leave as a trail so they can find their way back to their van), some sticky backed plastic, and the fireside poker that I made at school 100 years ago.

Beat that Howie - or be relegated back to your rightful place as third best with Martyn as the new second best TOGOB - tightest old git on the block.

Tracker - 2008-12-09 5:41 PM

And since when was Howie the tightest old git on here?

I am most unhappy that your Lordship sees fit to give away my crown without so much as a by your leave.

As an example I recently made a new Automatic Fiat gearbox with a proper reverse gear out of some washing up liquid bottles (empty - but save the liquid as a lubricant), a defunct washing machine, a central heating pump and electronic controller, a bag of assorted nails (just for the sound effect - purely cosmetic you understand), some rubber bands (you know the red ones that postmen everywhere leave as a trail so they can find their way back to their van), some sticky backed plastic, and the fireside poker that I made at school 100 years ago.

Beat that Howie - or be relegated back to your rightful place as third best with Martyn as the new second best TOGOB - tightest old git on the block.

:D :D :D :D

Nice one Rich, apologies for demoting you, consider yourself back at the top of the heap..you stingy beggar, I mean, sticky backed plastic!

Martyn

Guest Tracker

Thank you your Lordship (touches forelock) I am indeed indebted to your Martynness (grovel grovel) for your kindness and generosity (which is exceeded only by your intelligence and beauty).

May Peace and Goodwill come amongst you and may you recognise them when they arrive.

Guest Tracker

Jack the van up on one side until it topples over and lays on it's side at which point give it a couple of kicks and the broken key should just drop out.

Always available for down to earth low cost advice and solutions - just ask!

Archived