Brownhills

Willis

What I want to know is who is going first from here :D

I will watch this space I find it hard that he is going to tie himself down with all the complaints and unsatisfied customer .

More to the point he will be drowned in an avalanche I hope for their sake it works out and customers get satisfaction oh well at least they have taken steps to take the bull by the horns . Musn't grumble anythings better than nothing *-) A can of worms springs to mind 8-)

davenewell@home - 2007-11-12 5:28 PM

Well good for them for trying I say. Time will tell if customer satisfaction will be improved but it takes more than just the MD being positive.

D.

Agree - sounds like it's a rather overdue Perform Or Die time for for the staff now; assuming he's got the balls to fire and replace those who don't step up.

Guest Le Thou
BGD - 2007-11-12 5:56 PM

Well good for them for trying I say. Time will tell if customer satisfaction will be improved but it takes more than just the MD being positive.

D.

Agree - sounds like it's a rather overdue Perform Or Die time for for the staff now; assuming he's got the balls to fire and replace those who don't step up.

I,m not usually one to criticise others but I read threads from people about Brownhills complaining and adding comments usually not very complimentry but my question to the previous posters is simple:

Have you ever bought a motorhome from Brownhills and if so why have you got a problem? If you have was it resolved ? If not you now have the chance to air your views with Brownhills but why join the band wagon.

We have bought two MH's from Brownhills and cannot praise them highly enough, my wife does not suffer fools gladly and rest assured that if there was problems that weren't resolved by God they would know. But the issues we have had with our Auto trail have been resolved quickly and all calls dealt with proffesionaly.

I have to say that we bought our Hymer van from Brownhills and have no complaints either. Van very good, delivered when they said they would and salesman (won't name him) said when we were going to buy a tv from their accessories shop that it was way overpriced!

Le Thou - 2007-11-12 10:29 PM

BGD - 2007-11-12 5:56 PM

D.

I,m not usually one to criticise others but I read threads from people about Brownhills complaining and adding comments usually not very complimentry but my question to the previous posters is simple:

Have you ever bought a motorhome from Brownhills and if so why have you got a problem? If you have was it resolved ? If not you now have the chance to air your views with Brownhills but why join the band wagon.

We have bought two MH's from Brownhills and cannot praise them highly enough, my wife does not suffer fools gladly and rest assured that if there was problems that weren't resolved by God they would know. But the issues we have had with our Auto trail have been resolved quickly and all calls dealt with proffesionaly.

Anthony, I feel you have misinterpreted mine and BGD's comments.

No I have never bought anything from Brownhills but I've met plenty of people who have and a large percentage of those were not entirely happy with the after sales service they recieved.

I was actually congratulating the new MD for taking a positive step towards rectifying this situation while at the same time pointing out that it takes more than the man at the top in such a large organisation.

In a small outfit where there are only half a dozen employees the chain of command is pretty simple, there's those on the shop floor and there's the boss. Shop floor cock up and boss kicks arse hence most people are pretty switched on about customer service.

In an outfit the size of Brownhills however the chain of command is much more convoluted and if man on shop floor cocks up his foreman or even line manager might tell him off but it doesn't carry the same weight.

Added to which is the fact that in a small outfit people generally work there because they want to while in a large outfit people generally work there for job security. The two are not mutually exclusive but it does tend to be that way in general.

In short, what I'm trying to say is that the MD of Brownhills might make a positive effort but if the man on the shop floor doesn't care about his work then the MD is going to have a difficult time sorting out the problems.

D.

This company seems to receive a lot of bad press, but very few of those who have had good service from them feel the need to add comments on this, or other, forum(s).

We have bought from two Brownhills branches and have received polite and helpful service from both. I remained in contact with the salesman when we bought our second vehicle and passed a couple of problems through him. Our only concern was that it took nearly five months for them to provide the agreed EXTERNAL Silver Screen cover. They did send me, in error, an internal cover very quickly, but in winter conditions, France, Germany and Austria, it didn't help the windscreen condensation problem at all, even used in conjunction with the Remis blinds.

I would be prepared to go back to Brownhills, only we now need to swap our big RHD Hymer for a somewhat smaller LHD vehicle which can be easily serviced in France.

J

Guest Tracker

If we are quick to condemn we should also be quick to praise and, whilst I have never bought a van from Brownhills, any initiative to promote customer satisfaction should be applauded - and I do.

Time will tell - but good luck to Uncle Tom Cobley and all.

Human nature being what it is we tend not to praise the products or service we receive from a supplier, probably because we feel that that is what we are paying for.

However when we receive a bad product or service we naturally complain about it and this I feel is right, it is how we complain that generally gets the response that will make a customer dissatisfied.

In my business if a customer phones with a problem and are reasonable in their approach then they will get a prompt remedial action to their problem. If however they come on heavy shouting and screeming they are asked to calm down, if they refuse to calm down they are shown the door or the phone is hung up.

The M.D. of Brownhills is to be applauded for his "Talk to Tom" service but he will need to spend a lot of time on the shop floor to discover where the problems are this will mean getting his hands dirty but it is the only way to find out for sure.

John D.

Archived