CCI ACSI

maggyd

Last year the first year abroad with van, we sent for the CC International book and I rang the CC club insurance for the card which was £4.something which they sent us. I hadnt noticed it in the book! the question is what do you do? do you buy the new book every year to get the card or send away like I did? do we need the new book?

Thanks Margaret.

maggyd - 2008-11-20 3:41 PM

Last year the first year abroad with van, we sent for the CC International book and I rang the CC club insurance for the card which was £4.something which they sent us. I hadnt noticed it in the book! the question is what do you do? do you buy the new book every year to get the card or send away like I did? do we need the new book?

Thanks Margaret.

The CCI card is different from the ACSI Card as it does different things. The CCI provides proof of indentity and can often be used in lieu of a passport. It also provides the campsite with limited third party insurance if a camper does a runner without paying the site fees.I get one every year with my Red Pennant Insurance. The ACSI Card which comes with the directory and you use it to claim a discount if the site is in the scheme. I have noticed on some sites that if you hand over the ACSI card they don't bother to ask for other identity-very trusting!

David

Oh right I thought they were the same thing! I showed the CCI card and that seemed as if that was what they wanted to take the passport details off, I didnt remove the one from the book so maybe I lost out on the discount. But I dont think Ill bother getting another book as the discount probably is less than Id pay for another book. Thanks.

maggyd - 2008-11-20 9:20 PM

Oh right I thought they were the same thing! I showed the CCI card and that seemed as if that was what they wanted to take the passport details off, I didnt remove the one from the book so maybe I lost out on the discount. But I dont think Ill bother getting another book as the discount probably is less than Id pay for another book. Thanks.

Margaret

I suppose it depends on how often you would use the ACSI Card. The book costs about £9.50, it varies from place to place, I would have thought that you only had to stay on site 3 or 4 times to recover the cost. We used it a lot in Germany. I should have added to my original reply that the CCI card does also secure a discount off site fees but not as much as the ACSI.

David

maggyd - 2008-11-20 3:41 PM Last year the first year abroad with van, we sent for the CC International book and I rang the CC club insurance for the card which was £4.something which they sent us. I hadnt noticed it in the book! the question is what do you do? do you buy the new book every year to get the card or send away like I did? do we need the new book? Thanks Margaret.

Margaret

Can you unpick this a bit for us?

You sent for the CC International book?  What is this? 

A) There is the CCI (Camping Card International), which is a card - but there is no book.  Cost in the UK, £4.75.

B) There is the Caravan Club (CC?) Caravan Europe Guide, which is a book, published annually.

However, you headed your post CCI ACSI.

C) If you are referring to the ACSI sites guide, this is a book, which contains inside its flysheet the Camping Card ACSI.  This is an off-season discount card that can be used in the sites listed in the book.  The 2008 book was priced £6.95 in UK.

The CCI is valid for one year from date of issue.  It has an expiry date on it. 

The ACSI card is valid for one calendar year.  If you want to use one in 2009, to take advantage of the discount, you'll need the 2009 Card.  You can of course use the 2008 ACSI sites guide, but you may find a few of the sites have disappeared, and you'll get no 2009 discount on a 2008 card.

Does this help?

Yes Brian the CCI card I sent for from the Caravan Club! the card that was in the book was as you say Camping Card ACSI but until this week when I looked at them properly I thought they were the same :-S :-S never mind! Sorry about my heading but it was only the I that was out of place wasnt it I thought you would get the gist!! of what I was talking about, anyway I now know! thanks.

Archived