CCTV Surveillance

John52

Been given a CCTV camera and had a look at the instructions. They are written for the world market and I'm amazed at all the restrictions on where you are allowed to place them. Except in England where none of these restrictions apply. England being the CCTV capital of the world, with more CCTV Cameras per head of population than any other country in the world.

So who has got this right?

England or the rest of the world?

(edited to correct spelling errors before Funster John sees them ;-) )

John52 - 2019-12-25 1:27 PM

Been given a CCTV camera and had a look at the instructions. They are written for the world market and I'm amazed at all the restrictions on where you are allowed to place them. Except in England where none of these restrictions apply. England being the CCTV capital of the world, with more CCTV Cameras per head of population than any other country in the world.

The only time I ever criticise spelling is when a person accuses someone else of being poorly educated and then makes glaring errors himself, as Fast Pat did recently. You won't find any other example of me pointing out poor grammar, which I could have done to you in the Boris thread. I couldn't care less normally but hate the hypocrisy of those criticising others when they're pretty poor themselves.

John52 - 2019-12-25 12:27 PM

What’s there to hide, I don’t really see the problem with cameras in public . If it catches criminals,great.

jumpstart - 2019-12-25 3:02 PM

What’s there to hide, I don’t really see the problem with cameras in public . If it catches criminals,great.

Thats one of the pros

If you can trust the people using the cameras not to abuse them

like stalking vulnerable people

or cracking down on free speech

Imagine if Hitler had them to watch the Jews

Well, as it seems to be the case that anyone who carries a phone these days can be tracked around the country, and a lot of people load a lot of personal information into a distant computer that they have no control over ( i.e. the 'Cloud ') - I don't think there is much point in worrying too much about the fact we are also being watched everywhere we go.

;-)

John52 - 2019-12-25 4:31 PM

Thats one of the pros

Given Jews had to contend with the SS , the Gestapo , military , other Jews and many others fooled by the Nazis I reckon CCTV wouldnt have been too much of a problem ... Utterly vile thing to bring into a CCTV Surveillance thread by the way but hey-ho

Birdbrain - 2019-12-26 7:36 AM

Given Jews had to contend with the SS , the Gestapo , military , other Jews and many others fooled by the Nazis I reckon CCTV wouldnt have been too much of a problem ...

So you can't see how CCTV would have aided the SS. Gestapo etc in finding Jews and stopping them escaping. *-)

John52 - 2019-12-26 7:42 AM

Given Jews had to contend with the SS , the Gestapo , military , other Jews and many others fooled by the Nazis I reckon CCTV wouldnt have been too much of a problem ...

So you can't see how CCTV would have aided the SS. Gestapo etc in finding Jews and stopping them escaping. *-)

I think your embarrassing yourself ... Again

Thats one of the pros

Given Jews had to contend with the SS , the Gestapo , military , other Jews and many others fooled by the Nazis I reckon CCTV wouldnt have been too much of a problem ... Utterly vile thing to bring into a CCTV Surveillance thread by the way but hey-ho

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it isn’t a valid point.

jumpstart - 2019-12-26 7:55 AM

Thats one of the pros

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it isn’t a valid point.

Youve started a thread on CCTV surveillance asking the question about its use as to who is right when it comes to the legal side of using it then in your second post bring into your argument unbelievably the Jews and Hitler ... Now I cant really see what the murder and persecution of Jews by the Nazis under Hitler has to do with your original question but maybe you enlighten me ???

Birdbrain - 2019-12-26 8:02 AM

.. Now I cant really see what the murder and persecution of Jews by the Nazis under Hitler has to do with your original question but maybe you enlighten me ???

Probably not because I can't see how I can explain it more simply than I have already

Imagine if Hitler had CCTV to watch the Jews.

Would so many have escaped?

John52 - 2019-12-26 8:07 AM

.. Now I cant really see what the murder and persecution of Jews by the Nazis under Hitler has to do with your original question but maybe you enlighten me ???

Probably not because I can't see how I can explain it more simply than I have already

Which as all the forum can see has nowt to do with your original thread question ... Im glad your ashamed of yaself ... Instead of digging a deeper hole why dont you go dump your rubbish in the public bin rather than on here

Birdbrain - 2019-12-26 8:10 AM

Which as all the forum can see has nowt to do with your original thread question ... Im glad your ashamed of yaself ... Instead of digging a deeper hole why dont you go dump your rubbish in the public bin rather than on here

I'm trying to explain, in a way you can understand, how CCTV Surveillance can be abused. :-S

Imagine a country run by an unelected monarchy - Saudi Arabia, where women are stoned to death for adultery. Can you see how the regime could use CCTV to spy on them?

John52 - 2019-12-26 8:46 AM

I'm trying to explain, in a way you can understand, how CCTV Surveillance can be abused. :-S

Imagine a country run by an unelected monarchy - Saudi Arabia, where women are stoned to death for adultery. Can you see how the regime could use CCTV to spy on them?

I understand perfectly ... Your second post said it all

Birdbrain - 2019-12-26 8:49 AM

So does that mean you CAN see how a bad government (or rogue CCTV operator) could abuse CCTV?

Or you Can't?

Which?

John52 - 2019-12-26 8:58 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-26 8:49 AM

So does that mean you CAN see how a bad government (or rogue CCTV operator) could abuse CCTV?

Or you Can't?

Which?

CAN you "see how" you prove once again you have no knowledge on a topic youve started a thread on ... Apart from your rather tasteless Hitler/Jews comment your claim about world restrictions against English restrictions on your instructions doesnt add up , just a quick look at other EU countries shows Germany , Italy and Spain dont have the restrictions we have in place , I know from personal experience through my son in law when setting up my CCTV what I could and couldn't do ... Off you pop

Birdbrain - 2019-12-26 9:15 AM

just a quick look at other EU countries shows Germany , Italy and Spain dont have the restrictions we have in place , I know from personal experience through my son in law when setting up my CCTV what I could and couldn't do ... Off you pop

I just read the instructions that came with the CCTV Camera I received as a gift.

So could you give us the benefit of your expertise and tell us what restrictions on CCTV Camera placing Britain has that Germany , Italy and Spain dont *-)

Archived