COVID-19 vs the Economy

Bulletguy

Worth reading the whole article;

The Prime Minister is now supposedly anchoring the daily afternoon press conference but those expecting him to deliver some sort of road map for the way out of the lockdown and the catastrophe we find ourselves in will probably find themselves very disappointed.

As Dominic Raab announced on Wednesday, there will be no major decision on easing the restrictions before May 7. Now the government finds itself in a position where it has to over-compensate to prove it is not negligent. Its as if they are going to shoot the horse before it bolts just to be certain.

The Tories now find themselves trapped in another dilemma. The party is funded by corporate donors and those donors are seeing their investment evaporate amid the crisis. Over 80 per cent of Tory funding – and therefore their political existence relies on this cash and not member donations – and this may well force them to act in their interests and not that of the nation. It’s the same in America, another unfolding human disaster.

https://truepublica.org.uk/united-kingdom/covid-19-vs-the-economy-the-trouble-britain-now-finds-itself-in/

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll ask Boris to run all his plans past you first for your valued input, which no doubt he would totally ignore, but at least you could really say with some supporting evidence that the government is badly advised.

Tracker - 2020-05-06 7:35 PM

I'll ask Boris to run all his plans past you first for your valued input, which no doubt he would totally ignore, but at least you could really say with some supporting evidence that the government is badly advised.

Which parts of the article did you disagree and agree with and why? :-S

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2020-05-06 7:35 PM

Tory ... Bullet ... Hatred ... Tory ... Bullet ... Hatred ... Tory ... Bullet ... Hatred ... Tory ...

From their about page ;-) ........

"The purpose of TruePublica is to enable more informed decisions and opinions on matters such as civil liberty, human rights, privacy, social, economic and environmental issues as well as pivotal events such as Brexit and the effects of Trump’s America and geopolitical changes that are unfolding in front of us all."

No bias there then (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2020-05-06 8:19 PM

Tory ... Bullet ... Hatred ... Tory ... Bullet ... Hatred ... Tory ... Bullet ... Hatred ... Tory ...

"The purpose of TruePublica is to enable more informed decisions and opinions on matters such as civil liberty, human rights, privacy, social, economic and environmental issues as well as pivotal events such as Brexit and the effects of Trump’s America and geopolitical changes that are unfolding in front of us all."

It is NOT bias to "enable more informed decisions and opinions" so once you've read the article in full, you can give the forum your "informed opinion" about it. Tell us what you agree with or disagree with, and importantly, why.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-06 8:39 PM

It is NOT bias to "enable more informed decisions and opinions" so once you've read the article in full, you can give the forum your "informed opinion" about it. Tell us what you agree with or disagree with, and importantly, why.

I don't need to read it do I? ;-) ..........

Any website that is purposely set up to slag off Brexit or Trump has F'all to do with "informed opinion" *-) .........

How very BeeGee ... Hes open to so much ... As long as it fits in with his hate agenda

Bulletguy - 2020-05-06 7:58 PM

All our existence relies on get the country back working again.

pelmetman - 2020-05-06 8:43 PM

Any website that is purposely set up to slag off Brexit or Trump has F'all to do with "informed opinion" *-) .........

No, not if you don't want to expand your mind preferring to stay stuck in your timewarp bubble......but if you did you'd be disappointed to find it doesn't 'slag off' Brexit or Trump. Until you have something to contribute about the thread topic, there's no point in you posting.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-06 9:02 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-06 8:43 PM

No, not if you don't want to expand your mind preferring to stay stuck in your timewarp bubble......but if you did you'd be disappointed to find it doesn't 'slag off' Brexit or Trump. Until you have something to contribute about the thread topic, there's no point in you posting.

I don't need brain washing by lefty muppets *-) ..........

I get enough of that from You and Waldorf (lol) ........

Waldorf.jpg.6f90deb913d05e55ae1b256f2deee92e.jpg

jumpstart - 2020-05-06 8:54 PM

At the cost of thousands more lives? Don't you think enough have been lost already? Take a look at the other thread, a new strain has been found which spreads faster and makes people more susceptible to secondary infection.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-06 9:07 PM

At the cost of thousands more lives? Don't you think enough have been lost already? Take a look at the other thread, a new strain has been found which spreads faster and makes people more susceptible to secondary infection.

So if you're right and other EU countries are hit with another wave :-| ..........

Will you be slagging them off as well or just Boris? ;-) ..........

As if we didn't know the answer *-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-05-06 9:11 PM

So if you're right and other EU countries are hit with another wave :-| ..........

Which parts of the article did you disagree and agree with and why? Until you have something to contribute about the thread topic, there's no point in you posting.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-06 9:18 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-06 9:11 PM

Which parts of the article did you disagree and agree with and why? Until you have something to contribute about the thread topic, there's no point in you posting.

Annoying the Hate squad is a contribution I'm happy to make >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-05-06 9:27 PM

Annoying the Hate squad is a contribution I'm happy to make

Well if thats the best you can muster you're better off staying on Barrys forum as adult debate on a topic is just not your forte.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-06 9:40 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-06 9:27 PM

Annoying the Hate squad is a contribution I'm happy to make

Well if thats the best you can muster you're better off staying on Barrys forum as adult debate on a topic is just not your forte.

Adult debate??? 8-) .......... (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

It's not news it's sensation seeking hypothetical fancy - why would anyone in government want plans that are under discussion leaked to michief makers pretending to be journalists.

Just to remind you - news is the reporting of things that actually happen, not the invention of a story to suit your own agenda.

Tracker - 2020-05-06 10:19 PM

It's not news it's sensation seeking hypothetical fancy - why would anyone in government want plans that are under discussion leaked to michief makers pretending to be journalists.

Just to remind you - news is the reporting of things that actually happen, not the invention of a story to suit your own agenda.

You are wasting your time trying to enlighten him in the basic concepts of truth versus the Media. He has proved over and over again that he is blind to suggestion that does not fit in with his warped views. I'm just pleased that he is not intelligent enough to be dangerous. :D

I felt it covered a number of very valid points which have been in other media outlets including those more right leaning. It's an independent media which (to quote), to raise awareness of misinformation, disinformation, fake news and propaganda and focuses on challenging current neoliberal ideology and a toxic political environment that is causing a wave of disruption as western countries move from one social and economic crisis to another.

I don't see anything 'sensation seeking' about that. They leave that stuff for the DM, Sun and Express.

Do you seriously think the Downing Street Press Briefings parroted off by the BoJo supporting media fit that discription?

FT compared the increase in deaths over previous years with the official death figures (even after being forced to include care homes ) less than half the actual increase in deaths

The only reason the NHS has not been overwhelmed, is the public have been told 'don't call us, go home and die so you are not counted in the official death figures'

Guest pelmetman
747 - 2020-05-06 10:27 PM

You are wasting your time trying to enlighten him in the basic concepts of truth versus the Media. He has proved over and over again that he is blind to suggestion that does not fit in with his warped views. I'm just pleased that he is not intelligent enough to be dangerous. :D

That's the problem our resident Loser Brigade face ;-) ..........

They're not bright enough to know that we can see right through them 8-) .........

If they were anymore transparent they'd be double glazed (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Archived