Camp site charges

horse444

Just returned from 4 weeks in Spain, looking for the sun, everywhere we went rain followed, so much so that the site pools and bars had to be closed, but there never was a deducted in fees. Also although having one of the biggest sat.dishes we never got satalite or any english TV until we came back over Alicante and even then it was bad and went off often, we were told it is because the spanish have changed satalites, any-one know of this. We would like to go away for 6 weeks in January, any suggestions!!! my only request is that it is warm, doesnt need to be v.hot.and I thought I should warn others, the site at La Mirina is very nice but the beach they advertise is not within walking distances (unless you are super fit) and there is no toilets or other facilities.

What size dish was it?

When you say 'never got any satellite or any english tv, do you mean you couldn't get bbc/itv or no sky channels? have you checked http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/ to see if you where doing anything wrong?

As to spanish changing satellites, they mainly use hispasat which has no relavance to english tv appart from BBC World this can be picked up in UK with a 90cm dish so I guess a much smaller one would be needed in spain, proboly 60cm.

If we wish to watch TV when in Spain and much of France we simply take along a bunch of DVDs, cannot be bothered with all the fiddleing about that the Sky ariel takes.

Will go for an automatic ariel in readiness for next year but I wont be expecting to get very much

Syd - 2007-11-10 10:16 AM If we wish to watch TV when in Spain and much of France we simply take along a bunch of DVDs, cannot be bothered with all the fiddleing about that the Sky ariel takes. Will go for an automatic ariel in readiness for next year but I wont be expecting to get very much

We have ben users of the Oyster system for a number of years now. Had the new Oyster vision 2 fitted to our new van. Went touring down to deepest Bavaria in the summer & the system never missed a beat.Ours is the 85CM dish.

"Frankkia" & Don Madge on this forum are also very good at giving advice on these systems.Maybe you could PM them for further advice.They have given me useful advice before.Colin is also very up on the sat systems.

Hope this little bit of info helps with any queries you may have.

Thai

horse444 - 2007-11-08 5:40 PM

Just returned from 4 weeks in Spain, looking for the sun, everywhere we went rain followed, so much so that the site pools and bars had to be closed, but there never was a deducted in fees. Also although having one of the biggest sat.dishes we never got satalite or any english TV until we came back over Alicante and even then it was bad and went off often, we were told it is because the spanish have changed satalites, any-one know of this. We would like to go away for 6 weeks in January, any suggestions!!! my only request is that it is warm, doesnt need to be v.hot.and I thought I should warn others, the site at La Mirina is very nice but the beach they advertise is not within walking distances (unless you are super fit) and there is no toilets or other facilities.

We live on the Costa Blanca, and if you mean La Marina, then we did suss out a couple of the sites down there, and they were very highly priced indeed- it was the height of summer, in August, when all the spanish are on their hols too, but both were fully booked and the best part of 50 euros a night.

We have toured around Spain and our cheapest site was 16 euros for our M/H and the two of us, with electric. There doesn't seem to be allowances for the seasonal extras like a pool etc, apart from the sites which offer seasonal rates.

foxy - 2007-11-08 6:17 PM

you didn`t get flooded out then Margaret like we did. It was absolutley devastating with people losing everything.Never known anything like it before.

The Gota Fria whihc hit the Alicante/ Valencia region was terrible - check out the videos of Calpe, with Javea also badly hit as well as several inland villages.

http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query=calpe+inundacion&search=Search

I hasten to add this is very unusual... the last one was 7 years ago, so don't let it put you off, although if ever there is a season for them it is at the autumn end of the year when the sea temperature is higher then the land, so an on shore breeze warm wet air above the sea is then blown onto cold mountains rises and cools, dropping rain - torrential rain!!!

Sparkle, we also lived for some time at Balcon La Finistrat and agree this is the worst weather we can remember in a long time,but not having had a proper holiday this year, we had so much been looking forward to our six weeks away, but we normally go to Barcelona (with MH) around 27th December for just two weeks, and this has not put us off, we will probably be there this year, here's to better weather. (?)

Archived