Campervan insurance

swampy

Hi, Suggest that you look at 'Motorhome Matters' part of this forum, date of 5th. June Subject - Combination Insurance/Breakdown Cover. There are lots of replies posted, most of which recommend Comfort Insurance. They might be worth a try for a quote for your Van but, if still too expensive, then there are lots of Motorhome Insurers advertising in MMM and all the other Motorhome magazines - just work your way through them! Good luck, Greynomad.

[QUOTE]swampy - 2006-06-12 9:28 PM I have a 1983 Talbot Express camper and seem to be paying a lot in insurance (about £600). Can anyone recommend a company with more competitive premiums? Thanks[/QUOTE] Hi Swampy, I'm a bit slow in responding but try the Classic camper club http://classiccamperclub.tripod.com/ they should give you a pointer. Don

Guest gootler
If your looking for a list of insurance companies you could always try the business directory part of this site.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
just got my renewal from Safeguard, for my 1996 elddis elite, with uk and european breakdown cover. just over 300 pounds - 2 pounds cheaper than last year - without the breakdown cover it would be 219 pounds. Used the breakdown service in France last year when we had battery problems and they were very helpfull. I am happy with Safeguard. carol

• 1 month later...
Having just paid £350 for insurance, I must say the £600 you quoted seems very high indeed. Mine was insured through the c&cc and includes breakdown cover as well. Another consideration is that this insurance is really comprehensive with none of the get out clauses you sometimes find with other quotes. Best to shop around. Howard.

Hi there,re motorhome insurance for the last two years i have been with Comfort Insurance Tel. 02089840777 the staff are very helpfull and you may qualify for thier introductory N.C.B. plus you can take out breakdown cover too. All the best

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, We are paying about £150 for Fully Comp on our 1994 Talbot Express 2.5NA. I'm 67. Unlimited use in Europe. But I have full NCB, and am a member of the CSMA which gives me a discount with Liverpool & Victoria. Also get a discount for insuring 2 vehicles. Anybody who is or was a Civil Servant, or is related to such a person, can join the CSMA. There was something in the monthly CSMA magazine, saying something was now free....could it have been membership? Note that the premium can vary greatly due to age of driver, his NCB, his location, and value of the van. 602

Archived