Can the fairer sex save us from Brexit?

Barryd999

Here's an interesting one for you to ponder with your cocoa.

7 out of 10 Mumsnet members would now back another referendum and a staggering 22% of leave voters would now back remain against just 2% of remain voters that would now back leave.

If ever there was proof that Brexit has become a dick swinging contest for emotionally invested blokes then there's the proof.

https://www.mumsnet.com/politics/seven-out-of-ten-mumsnet-users-want-vote-on-brexit-deal

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-02-26 11:13 PM

Here's an interesting one for you to ponder with your cocoa.

7 out of 10 Mumsnet members would now back another referendum and a staggering 22% of leave voters would now back remain against just 2% of remain voters that would now back leave.

If ever there was proof that Brexit has become a dick swinging contest for emotionally invested blokes then there's the proof.

https://www.mumsnet.com/politics/seven-out-of-ten-mumsnet-users-want-vote-on-brexit-deal

I always had you Remoaners pegged as a bunch of old women >:-) ..........

Tis true though. I dont think there are many women posting about Brexit on here or the other forums although there are more in the many Facebook and Twitter groups but as ever when they do appear they are often the voice of reason and do not treat the whole thing like a football match. There are some pretty hardcore Brexiteer women in the public eye of course but I dont think they are that popular with women on social media at least thats the impression I get.

I think we should let the women decide. Blokes should not be allowed to vote. Too busy going "Yaaah boo at each other, doing hand gestures and calling each other Wamkers etc".

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-02-27 9:09 AM

I think we should let the women decide. Blokes should not be allowed to vote. Too busy going "Yaaah boo at each other, doing hand gestures and calling each other Wamkers etc".

Spoken like a flaccid Remoaner :D ........

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 9:57 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-02-27 9:09 AM

Well the only thing "hard" about you is that Kamikaze Brexit you desire! See there you go! Im doing it. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-27 9:59 AM

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 9:57 AM

You've gone all quiet on the Honda thread Curtainmuncher?

I've got this image of you perched on your laptop with your nob in your hand awaiting my every post 8-) ...........

You and Bullet have a lot in common :D ............

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 10:16 AM

I've got this image of you perched on your laptop with your nob in your hand awaiting my every post 8-) ...........

Whatever turns you on....

I've got this image of you as a sad old man seeing his Brexit dream turn into Project Fear in reality, but unwilling to accept that he was ignorant and/or gullible and fell for the lies of the rich who will benefit from Brexit. Whose only remaining joy in life is to "keep calm and carry on winding up remainers".

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-27 10:22 AM

I've got this image of you as a sad old man seeing his Brexit dream turn into Project Fear in reality, but unwilling to accept that he was ignorant and/or gullible and fell for the lies of the rich who will benefit from Brexit. Whose only remaining joy in life is to "keep calm and carry on winding up remainers".

Where as in reality I'm the retired early bloke sat in the sun B-) ...........

Are you still having to work?......or are you retired from your public sector job?.........As I cant imagine a communist ever having a proper job? :D ..........

Your type are always being too busy being bitter and twisted about the rich to get any work done (lol) ......

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 10:30 AM

Are you still having to work?......or are you retired from your public sector job?.........As I cant imagine a communist ever having a proper job? :D ..........

Your type are always being too busy being bitter and twisted about the rich to get any work done (lol) ......

Well if you want to start willy waving.....

I'm the MD of a company that I started in 1995 and now employs seventeen people, helped on this path like a lot of SME's with EU capital grants.

I've just turned 55 so can now access my pension pot and if my wife wasn't still receiving medical treatment I would have been retiring on 31st March. As it is I have a meeting with the Board on Friday to discuss a phased retirement over the next year which fits in with her treatment plan, as I might as well keep on earning whilst we need to stick around.

So at what age did you retire and what was your contribution to UK employment?

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-27 11:11 AM

I'm the MD of a company that I started in 1995 and now employs seventeen people, helped on this path like a lot of SME's with EU capital grants.

I've just turned 55 so can now access my pension pot and if my wife wasn't still receiving medical treatment I would have been retiring on 31st March. As it is I have a meeting with the Board on Friday to discuss a phased retirement over the next year which fits in with her treatment plan, as I might as well keep on earning whilst we need to stick around.

My CV would read ;-) ..........

Left school in 74 aged 16 with a grade 3 CSE history........Not my fault as the numpty I was sat next to in the exam wasn't very bright :-( .........

Joined er madges Navy to avoid becoming a hairdresser :-> ........

10 years afore the mast seeing the world and failing to catch any anti social disease apart from fleas in a Chilean brothel B-) ........

Drove a bus for about 4 years, enjoyed driving the bus.....hated opening the doors :D ........

Became self employed as a "Curtain Muncher" or as it was called then .....a curtain fitter..... without any financial help from the EU B-) ...........

Spotted a niche in the market for Pelmets........Started a Pelmet making business without any financial help from the EU :-D .........

Semi retired at 46 downsized from employing 3 part time staff and er in doors plus subbing out loads of the easy work ;-) ..........So I'm not really sure how many I gave gainful employment too? :-S .......

After a 12 year apprenticeship as a part time member of the idle classes, I became a full time member of the idle classes 3 years ago B-) ........

Although sadly :'(............... unpaid by er madges government...........and still another 6 years to go, unless they move the goalposts again.......not that it's a problem ;-) .........

But I can see why your a fan of the EU >:-) ..........Perhaps that's the problem?...........They only bought 48% of the UK (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 2:27 PM

Left school in 74 aged 16 with a grade 3 CSE history........Not my fault as the numpty I was sat next to in the exam wasn't very bright :-( .........

10 years afore the mast seeing the world and failing to catch any anti social disease apart from fleas in a Chilean brothel B-) ........

Drove a bus for about 4 years, enjoyed driving the bus.....hated opening the doors :D ........

Became self employed as a "Curtain Muncher" or as it was called then .....a curtain fitter..... without any financial help from the EU B-) ...........

Spotted a niche in the market for Pelmets........Started a Pelmet making business without any financial help from the EU :-D .........

Semi retired at 46 downsized from employing 3 part time staff and er in doors plus subbing out loads of the easy work ;-) ..........So I'm not really sure how many I gave gainful employment too? :-S .......

After a 12 year apprenticeship as a part time member of the idle classes, I became a full time member of the idle classes 3 years ago B-) ........

Although sadly :'(............... unpaid by er madges government...........and still another 6 years to go, unless they move the goalposts again.......not that it's a problem ;-) .........

But I can see why your a fan of the EU >:-) ..........Perhaps that's the problem?...........They only bought 48% of the UK (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

Let me guess your pelmet business was not VAT registered and your three part time employees were all under the tax and NI threshold? That's the thing with EU grants they have to be for proper jobs that add to GDP and creating more jobs. My business will have repaid the EU grant through the taxes paid many many times over during the past 24 years, that's how investment works.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-27 3:33 PM

Let me guess your pelmet business was not VAT registered and your three part time employees were all under the tax and NI threshold? That's the thing with EU grants they have to be for proper jobs that add to GDP and creating more jobs. My business will have repaid the EU grant through the taxes paid many many times over during the past 24 years, that's how investment works.

Nope I was VAT registered for 20 years :D ..........Although admittedly I didn't need to be when I semi retired, but as I supplied the trade it wasn't a issue ;-) .......

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-27 3:42 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 3:38 PM

Nope I was VAT registered for 20 years :D ..........Although admittedly I didn't need to be when I semi retired, but as I supplied the trade it wasn't a issue ;-) .......

And the three part times you "employed"?

Yep I paid NI for them as I ended up subbing out the paperwork as I had a business to run *-) .........

The only one that wasn't on the books was a retired bank manager who did occasional delivery's for cash, so his wages added to the 40% income tax bill I was paying :D ..........

I met him at my yacht club.......when I had a yacht ;-) ........

There is no need for the ladies to stop Brexit, the MPs are doing that for them. Despite MP's saying they would respect the peoples vote after the referendum , and voting to trigger the leave process,they have decided one way or another to kill Brexit. They can do this because the remain MP's outnumber the leave MP's, and will do so despite the majority of their constituencies voting to leave. Outcome of the next General Election anyone.?

Guest pelmetman
thebishbus - 2019-02-27 4:52 PM

There is no need for the ladies to stop Brexit, the MPs are doing that for them. Despite MP's saying they would respect the peoples vote after the referendum , and voting to trigger the leave process,they have decided one way or another to kill Brexit. They can do this because the remain MP's outnumber the leave MP's, and will do so despite the majority of their constituencies voting to leave. Outcome of the next General Election anyone.?

Out come ;-) .........a bloodbath of Remoaners >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 5:31 PM

Out come ;-) .........a bloodbath of Remoaners >:-) ........

You sound a bit Rees Moggish there https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/02/26/delaying-brexit-risks-surge-right-wing-extremism-warns-jacob/

But as Anthhhhhony's great friend David Lammy said "Britain has never rolled over to the threat of right wing extremism. We faced down Moseley at home, and helped defeat Hitler and Mussolini in Europe. With fascist friends like Steve Bannon, we will take no lectures from you."

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 3:50 PM

Yep I paid NI for them as I ended up subbing out the paperwork as I had a business to run *-) .........

The only one that wasn't on the books was a retired bank manager who did occasional delivery's for cash, so his wages added to the 40% income tax bill I was paying :D ..........

Get away with you it was a dinghy, still quite a comedown for you to have to take early retirement because of early onset dementia?

Dave you say you did it all with no help from the EU but you also go on to say you supplied the trade so by that I presume you worked business to business. In that case how do you know that many of your clients didnt receive EU help which in turn allowed them to flourish and buy your Puffs and Pelmets? None of us can say we have had no help from the EU as the money they have poured back in as helped businesses and towns across the country prosper in many ways. I have a full database now from myeu so can tell you by postcode, town etc pretty much every project (over a certain amount) thats been supported in the last ten years. Its huge.

I believe Pauline (PJay) and I have added our two-penneth over the months with our views on Brexit. Although we are not of the same mind, we have both managed not to sling insults at each other. Are diplomacy, courtesy and common decency the prevail of women? I doubt it. But some men on here continue to sling insults at each other which advances the debate not one jot. Not all Brexiteers are dupes, not all Remainers are sore losers. Get rid of the labels and just debated the issues is my plea.

Guest pelmetman

Bloodbath >:-) ........

Gawd give me strength.....what a load of guff. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-27 5:45 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 3:50 PM

Get away with you it was a dinghy, still quite a comedown for you to have to take early retirement because of early onset dementia?

Actually it was a Pegasus 800 so only 28' compared to our first boat which was a 34' Storebro Royal the same as this ;-) ..........

https://motorboats.apolloduck.com/boat/storebro-34-royal-cruiser/581625

But in those days we lived aboard it..........So we called it our detached residence :D .........

We were so lower middle class (lol) .......

Archived