Canon

Guest Tracker

Guest Tracker

Over 3 years ago I bought a Canon Powershot A70 and it worked well with no glitches until last month when the LCD screen failed to work and it would not take Pictures although it would still display those on the memory card.

I looked on the Canon website where I found that this is a known problem traced back to a faulty batch of third party supplied screens and wiring.

After a quick confirmatory email I returned the camera to Canon's repair agent, H Lehmann in Stoke on Trent, who repaired it free of charge and without question and sent it back to me by special delivery.

I have always liked Canon products but this shows a wonderful attitude to customer care and reputation and gets my vote for very fair trader of the year.

Guess what make of camera, printer, copier etc I will buy next time?

Rich,

I have just bought hubby a new Camera Frank very kindly gave me his wisdom on the thing I have nor a clue :D Whats new there .

Anyway we bought the D80 ? it does all that we want it two and hubby has not put the book down yet he keeps playing with it the onlly thing now is he wants some more gadgets ..thats gonna cost .

I didn't buy it in Franks shop as he is to far for me but he kindly gave up his time to help us in our final choice ...and happy we are ;-)

Guest Tracker
There you are then just as I suspected all along Frank is really quite a decent guy after all but he would hate anyone to know that so don't say I said so please.

John it is that thing is I being I couln't get my head around all this fancy stuff . I do like to take piccys of whatever but hubby knew that if it was to technical for me that would of been it NO! so he took me to the shop after lchatting to Frank and we bought it . Well I did but its his toy really .

He did want a D200 but if I am correct the D300 is now out or will be soon where do you stop . I dont need to be a professional so it does not really warrant us buying one like that so the D80 it is and its lovely.

I have not quite worked out everything about i yet hubby keeps saying it's to dark or you wont get it that close I just ignore him and click away however he has been right so far.

Just have a look below at my cock ups oh well you learn ;-)

index_001_005.thumb.jpg.cadd67d35de95e666df0851ad853365b.jpg

I read in this month's Amateur Photographer that Canon have released a camera which has the highest shutter speeds ever seen. In fact, it's reputed to be able to photograph a woman with her mouth shut. (lol) (lol) (lol)

Tracker - 2007-10-12 11:08 AM

Over 3 years ago I bought a Canon Powershot A70 and it worked well with no glitches until last month when the LCD screen failed to work and it would not take Pictures although it would still display those on the memory card.

I looked on the Canon website where I found that this is a known problem traced back to a faulty batch of third party supplied screens and wiring.

After a quick confirmatory email I returned the camera to Canon's repair agent, H Lehmann in Stoke on Trent, who repaired it free of charge and without question and sent it back to me by special delivery.

I have always liked Canon products but this shows a wonderful attitude to customer care and reputation and gets my vote for very fair trader of the year.

Guess what make of camera, printer, copier etc I will buy next time?

If anyone can..........................................

Mick H.

Guest Tracker
Mick H. - 2007-10-12 7:11 PM

If anyone can..........................................

Mick H.

...........................Canon can!

OK, so I'll be a little less annoyingly jocular. I do own a Canon A530, together with a Fuji S5600. Both excellent cameras, both do their job very well. The Canon slips into the pocket quite easily so can be carried at any time. The Fuji is more bulky but because of it's 10x optical zoom is used for different types of photography. Digicams are advancing so rapidly in their features that it becomes difficult to know what to buy. Unfortunately, with guys it tends to be megapixels which count. You know, mine's bigger than yours etc. So what do you buy? Generally, something around 5 mega pixels should do for most people. If you store your pics on your hard drive, going higher than this will start to eat quite heavily into your Gb capacity. The newer cameras can actually pick out flesh tones in your subject to decide the correct exposure, others can tell if the subject is smiling. A minefield out there. So my advice, if you wish it, is to decide what you need from a camera rather than what's available.

Guest Tracker
Mel B - 2007-10-12 7:35 PM

Goooooooooooooodness, and I thought we'd escaped that one .... well, I suppose somebody had to say it and it might as well be Rich. ;-)

Thank you for appreciating my breadth of knowledge and versatility Mel!

Guest Tracker
Mick H. - 2007-10-12 8:49 PM

michele - 2007-10-12 7:12 PM

Mick Can he multi tasks :D :D

Can't spell sometimes, though.

Mick H.

Don't go there Mick please?

handyman - 2007-10-12 9:17 PM if you have an SLR, get a polarizer, it really makes your pictures more colorful (when its sunny) A must

This is true but it must be a circular polarising filter and not a traditional linear. A normal polariser can mess up your auto-focus system.

Circular and linear refer to the way that the light is polarised and not to the shape of the filter.

Mick H. - 2007-10-12 9:05 PM
michele - 2007-10-12 12:44 PM Oh well I shall have to keep practicing
Dont forget Michele it's 'PRACTISING' Mick H.

It's encouraging that you are continuing to practise your spelling. :-D

Archived