Car-a-tow towing frames

Chrissie

Quickest way would be to ring car a tow in Poole, dorset for their nearest installer to you. An excellent choice by the way. Just used ours for five weeks around Germany & france without a hitch. Fitted a jockey wheel to ours now which makes hooking and unhooking & manoevering a whole lot easier.

Hi Tony. During our camping days we used a large single axel trailer to carry all our gear and unless you got the balance right it could be a real test of endurance when locating the tow ball. To overcome this I too fitted a jocky wheel and would recommend that Chrissie makes sure one is included regardless of which type of trailer he/she may buy. I think the price of the car-a-tow comes in around the £1000 mark but as you say they are a firm to be recommended. Chrissie doesn,t say if theres a towbar already fitted to the Autotrail, but if not its worth checking availability and price before taking it further. Sorry if i,m stating the obvious, but when it comes to parting with cash I do tend to be over cautious. Howard...........................Dave. You are spending to much time on this forum. Take care or you,ll end up like the rest of us.

Archived