CarolHymer

ROON

Just had lovely message from Carol. She is now in France and the weather has been kind to them (South of France). I told her I would let you all know how she is.

I don't know about you lot, but I am really missing her postings. Also as she and I had become really good friends I miss her conversations and can't wait for her to return... sorry that is selfish but you know what I mean. :'( Joy

Hi Michele, Yeah. Wish we were with them don't you? I suggested they drive along the coast road through St Maxime to Port Grimaud. Don't know whether they will but in my youth I seriously considered moving to that village. Oh, just talking about it makes me smell the sea and the warmth of the sun..... B-)

Talk soon.

Joy

Stayed at a campsite in Port Grimaud 2 years ago, lovely site. Port Grimaud was really lovely the way they had put shops within a castle fortress wall and all the alleys were like canals, a real little Venice. Took boat trip across the bay to St. Tropez, lovely. Hope Carol has a really good time makes me want to start my trip to Spain now ! But have to wait for another 7 weeks B-)

Hi Big Momma, Hope you have a lovely holiday.

When on the boat trip you mentioned, we saw Joan Collins and later on the shore - Tony Curtiss with a huge bodyguard..... and about three gorgeous women in line. How the other half live, eh! :-D Joy

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Roon and everyone, thanks for that we had not got Port Girmond on the list but now it is and we will be going there for a few days on Thursday, it was the Festival of flowers in Cannes the last couple of days so I have really enjoyed that, been swimming today, I love swimming in the sea not that good with pools, should have lost some weight with all the cycling and swimming but don't seem to have. Carol.

Just reporting in just had 4 days in Port Grimaud, it was really very pretty place got the ferry from there to St Tropez and had nice day there but it is all very busy in these area's and the traffic a nightmare, but it was well worth taking the time out to visit them, so thanks for the idea.

We are now travelling through the Verdon Gorge it is so beautiful so we will try and find a camp site on it tomorrow, but today we are stopping on Camping cheques site Camping International in Castellane, as it has good free wfi and we needed to get in touch with the family, Skype has been invaluable while we have away, for speaking and seeing the kids.

Another 3 weeks and we will be back in the UK so now slowly making our way back through France. Carol.

Archived