Cherry Blairs Book

michele

She was on radio 4 being interviewed about it the other morning and I switched on half way through. I was quite mezmerised before I realised who it was who was talking!!!! So it may not be as bad as we suspect.

What I object to is the BBC advertising books written by these people.

They all say what they don't like about each other - what is the point ?

Does anyone (outside the media) really care what they think ?

:-(

I think we can all learn something from any book that has been written even the rubbish ones.

The section of the book I would like to read is the part about Breast Cancer Care. She is patron saint of that charity and despite my own feelings of Cherie Blair, the charity is literally a life-saver for millions of women, men and their families.. so just out of interest I would like to know what she has to say about it.

ROON - 2008-05-18 5:29 PM

I think we can all learn something from any book that has been written even the rubbish ones.

The section of the book I would like to read is the part about Breast Cancer Care. She is patron saint of that charity and despite my own feelings of Cherie Blair, the charity is literally a life-saver for millions of women, men and their families.. so just out of interest I would like to know what she has to say about it.

Roon

I am not 'anti' Cherie Blair. When I've seen her interviewed she has always come across as quite a reasonable person, and she certainly has taken a lot of flak from the media over the years so it's not surprising that she wants to put her side of her story.

I just wish the Westminster establishment didn't get so much help in selling their books, especially when , we are told, they have to include their own version of 'kiss and tell' stories to make them "interesting".

Not too sure what you mean when you say we can learn from 'rubbish books', unless it's; don't buy anything from the same author.

;-) ;-)

:D Maybe in a roundabout way I think I did Malc.... but I have always found that when I start to read a book and don't get past the first few chapters because the author is rubbish, I can usually read between the lines as to WHY they are writing it.... I havn't put that down very well... in fact, I havn't explained it properly. Maybe once I know people on this site a bit better I will tell you what I really mean .... please remind me in a little while ... I am refering to human nature in a way.

Can't get back to the thread ... did I say patron SAINT of Breast Cancer Care? I hope not.... you know what I meant :-D I'll have to have a look.

Joy

(after reading this posting you will all think I am drunk ... I'm not honest, but just woken up ... :-| )

Well Im sorry that she has writen this book for whatever her reasons :-S whoever has advised her I think they havent done her any favours!

When you think about it SHE is the only O.H of a British Prime Minister for years that has come across as having a brain, with the exception of John Majors wife who also I think wrote a book. I think if she had just retired gracefully as Tony has done would have been much better but I think she has been bursting to get her own back on G.B. and she couldnt just do that without all the rest.

from what i have read i think she comes across as an absolute S***g

I think its terrible to expose the kids like that and her husband ,

Now apparently she has been told not to go back to her work by the big judge . catholic obviously not practicing ?

michele - 2008-05-20 11:23 PM

from what i have read i think she comes across as an absolute S***g

I think its terrible to expose the kids like that and her husband ,

Now apparently she has been told not to go back to her work by the big judge . catholic obviously not practicing ?

Im just watching her on the ONE SHOW and she isnt at all what the press have shown her to be! but that doesnt suprise me at all they dont call it the gutter press for nothing.

And Im R.C. Michelle and I follow my concience as to birth control ( well when needed) it was such a long time ago now!! we havent been brain washed and dont have to do everything the Church dictates and C.B. and millions of other R.C. women do the same. I havent read the book so I cant comment but I cant see her doing anything that would harm her family we all talk about our children and husbands dont we?

maggyd ,

same here I am RC but dont follow it all each to what ever ...i am only saying what i read and yes it is the gutter press I wish I had the article in front of me now ....Every thing is not what it seems but the way it reads is that they have tried to be very fair with her .

Judging by how its written and what she is reportedly supposed to of done apparently she tells every one that she had sex on the first night with Tony upstairs on the back of a double decker bus .

Deliberately didnt take her contreception because she was staying the night at some big state affair at her majestys residence and before in the past a maid emptied her hand luggage and her pills were in it and she didnt want that to happen again hence why she claims she was pregnant because of this deliberate act BUt apparently it was a mistake .

It just makes her sound like tramp rather than a lady .

Apparently senior judges after reading it were hopping mad and called for her not to go back to work .it is also but Obviously I dont know if true .papaers again reported that Tony Blair whilst flying back home was livid that she has got herself into another mess ???

Oh and I wasnt trying to imply that the woman shouldnt do as she see's fit re brth control I was trying to imply that its a private affair just dont tell the world in a book .

colin - 2008-05-18 8:59 PM

As she is such a commited catholic, I'm still trying to get my head around the bit about not taking "contraceptive equipment" to balmoral, best explaination I've heard so far is a blow up priest. :-S

twas a steel band - you know the rhythm method -

all together now - on the 4th downbeat

or should that be a bodhrán

B-)

Well that was my first reaction when I heard what she is doing :-S why the hell does she do it ?? I can imagine Tony being livid but surelly she would have let him read the proofs before she sent it to the publishers!!

Im going to have to buy it to read on my hols :-D just out of curiosity you understand.. I cant believe she would confess to sex on their first date *-) and on the back of a bus!!! and her a Convent girl!!! you dont confess things like that when you have children ;-) I wonder if she was drunk!! when she wrote it I mean. :-D :-D

Sitting there, raising a glass of champagne, there was only one little shadow on my immediate horizon: my period. Where was it?

“It's a bit odd,” I told Tony when he rang me that night from Chequers. “I'm usually so regular.”

“So what does that mean?”

“Probably nothing,” I said. “Probably just my age. Don't worry.”

A few weeks before, we had been on the usual prime ministerial weekend to Balmoral. The first year we had actually stayed - in 1998 - I had been extremely disconcerted to discover that everything of mine had been unpacked. Not only my clothes, but the entire contents of my distinctly ancient toilet bag with its range of unmentionables. This year I had been a little more circumspect and had not packed my contraceptive equipment, out of sheer embarrassment. As usual up there, it had been bitterly cold, and what with one thing and another ... but then, I thought, I can't be. I'm too old. It must be the menopause.

If If this is true not only is she telling everyone but she is also letting the world know when she has sex and where she has sex .....how weird .

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:22 am Post subject: Cherrie Blair

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone care about her book?

I'm no fan of Gordon but I think what shes done is dispicable, shes made a real c*** of herself and her husband. Definetly showing her true colours.

Today apparently the papers have reported more ''exclusives'' from her book about a miscariage she had. How strange that she's so eager to reveal personal details about her family now, were as not that long ago she did'nt think it was any of our bussiness weather or not little Leo had had his MMR jab.

News article

Well she was about 45 wasnt she?? I bet he is cringing with embarressment. Mind you I do know what she means! when we went to Jersey for our 25th wedding Anniversary the flippin maids did the same to me when we went down to dinner she is only like us working class and not used to that kind of treatment!! but if it sells books!! I just hope their marraige can survive being under the magnifying glass like this ! I know my Husband would kill me. *-)

I dont mind a kiss and tell by someone that I didnt class as intellegent if you get what I mean ....I just didnt expect it from a so called lady inher shoes married to the boss ? weird ...its like a bitter slanging match .

Poor Gordy lol.

michele - 2008-05-21 10:00 PM

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:22 am Post subject: Cherrie Blair

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone care about her book?

I'm no fan of Gordon but I think what shes done is dispicable, shes made a real c*** of herself and her husband. Definetly showing her true colours.

Today apparently the papers have reported more ''exclusives'' from her book about a miscariage she had. How strange that she's so eager to reveal personal details about her family now, were as not that long ago she did'nt think it was any of our bussiness weather or not little Leo had had his MMR jab.

News article

All I can think of is she must need the cash!!! :-S I think she has always been a bit of a loose cannon he must of been a nervous wreck wondering what she was going to do next, I did feel sorry for him he aged really quickly and I dont think GB helped much he was a good chancellor but I dont know why he thought he would be a popular P.M I didnt like the way his smile never reached his eyes.

Archived