Chicken recipe -

twooks

only any good for you lot with 'proper' ovens, so this hasn't been tried yet by me,

When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who are just never sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out.

Give this a try.

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN

1 medium size chicken

1 cup melted butter

1 cup pre made stuffing mix

1 cup uncooked popcorn

Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush chicken well with melted butter, salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn (mixed together). Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven. Listen for the popping sounds.

When the parson's nose blows the oven door off and the chicken flies across the van, it is done.

B-)

ciao for now - off for some Dutch Apple Pie n Whipped Cream n cinnamon

:D :D :D :D

Can't remember the last time I ate chicken Spud which for years has tasted to me like regurgitated cardboard, but I do have some sympathy with Joy's stance (veggie) with regard to the conditions meat and poultry is produced for our consumption, which is a bloody disgrace when you consider we like to think of ourselves as a 'nation of animal lovers'.

Thats not to say I don't enjoy my sunday roast, but we do try to source meat from outlets sympathetic to the welfare of these animals such as the local farmers market, where beef, pork and lamb are known to have been produced under reasonably humane conditions. Does'nt have to be expensive either, where a half a lamb or side of beef for the freezer more than competes with those pre-packed products filled wth God knows how many chemicals and additives are to found on supermarket shelves.

Think i'll go and hug a tree now, when it stops raining.

Nice one Twooks!!! :-D

I tried out the oven in our motorhome for the first time last week whilst in France (only had it 18 months!). We bought a fresh chicken which we intended to BBQ but as it was raining (again) I boned it out and placed it all on a roasting tray and then stuck it in the oven, it took about 45 minutes to cook from start to finish and was absolutely gorgeous, the smell inside the van was divine!!!! Being one who only thought ovens in motorhomes were there as a convenient pan store I've now got a new use for it. (lol) Now if I can only sort out the absolutely abysmal grill .... :-|

Guest Tracker

An oven makes a better bread and cake bin than it does pan store - partly 'cos it's a little bit insulated and partly 'cos bread don't rattle about in a metal box - unless it's quite stale!

We never use the oven for cooking when we are away as, being the considerate chap that I are, I consider that it's my other half's holiday too and is meant to be a break from home - so it's either light meals in or eat out for us.

A microwave would be bloomin' handy though - if only we had somewhere to accommodate one - and an inverter - and bigger batteries - and solar panels!

Oh well I think I better think it out again!

Tracker, do you not have room for a microwave in any of the cupboards?

I have one up above the cooker hob which was in the van when I bought it. I thought it was just a cupboard but when I opened it - voila! It is still brand new as I havn't been to many sites where I am on hookup and not sure of the charge it would use.

ROON - 2008-09-09 10:49 PM

Tracker, do you not have room for a microwave in any of the cupboards?

I have one up above the cooker hob which was in the van when I bought it. I thought it was just a cupboard but when I opened it - voila! It is still brand new as I havn't been to many sites where I am on hookup and not sure of the charge it would use.

Not really Joy the cupboards are all too small to use without major surgery and strengthening to them as a microwave is not a light bit of kit.

Your microwave should work fine on any hookup and they usually take about a 4 or 5 amp initial starting current dropping to 3 or 4 amps when running.

Why not run a lead out and try it at home?

Unless you are very lucky and have an inverter I doubt you will be able to use it without mains and even if you do it will knock the charge out of your leisure battery in no time.

Archived