Chlorinated Chicken....8pm tonight

Bulletguy

C4 Dispatches reporting from inside a US factory showing the preparation of chlorinated chicken. Not something i want to view after a meal as judging from a media report it will prove very unpleasant viewing. so have set mine to record.

Seems to be a pretty disgusting process and total lack of basic hygiene law which here in UK, would get them shut down.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/03/workers-denied-toilet-breaks-and-use-bare-hands-at-us-chlorinated-chicken-factory-9776223/

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice try at deflection and thread disruption to shoehorn your favoured hate agenda in......but major fail.

"Four slaughtermen at Bowood Lamb, a halal slaughterhouse in Thirsk, North Yorkshire, have had their operating licences suspended and the company said one worker had been sacked."

End of.

Meantime back on thread topic about chlorinated chicken process in a US factory which will prove interesting to read posters opinions who actually view the report.

Bulletguy - 2019-06-03 8:44 PM

Nice try at deflection and thread disruption to shoehorn your favoured hate agenda in......but major fail.

"Four slaughtermen at Bowood Lamb, a halal slaughterhouse in Thirsk, North Yorkshire, have had their operating licences suspended and the company said one worker had been sacked."

End of.

Meantime back on thread topic about chlorinated chicken process in a US factory which will prove interesting to read posters opinions who actually view the report.

Goodness thats upset you for some strange reason ... Rather angry and threatening "End of" amongst other things from you ... Being fairly new here I have no idea what my supposed "favoured hate agenda" is in regard to my previous post , maybe you can show some examples of the "hate" your on about ... Ive posted a video of some Yorkshireman killing animals in a barbaric , vile way in response to your US chlorinated chicken post ... If responses that differ to your view upset you I suggest you dont post ... Should I wait for you to show these "hate" posts your on about ??? ... Your normally very quick and find with ease things members have said from years back ... I'll wait

I just watched Dispatches. Jeesaz! Its like something from the third world except this company that they infiltrated is massive. Massive on a scale we couldnt comprehend here. Cant remember the figures but we are talking of billions of chickens here. Thats lots.

The conditions were just horrendous and the health and safety as the expert that viewed it and contributed said, the EU were right to ban it.

Its not just chickens though. Lamb, beef, pork etc in the US is substandard to here as is their animal welfare. We should have nothing to do with them.

Your ten times more likely to get ill and die horribly from eating their crap as you are currently here.

Barryd999 - 2019-06-03 10:18 PM

I just watched Dispatches. Jeesaz! Its like something from the third world except this company that they infiltrated is massive. Massive on a scale we couldnt comprehend here. Cant remember the figures but we are talking of billions of chickens here. Thats lots.

9 billion a year.

Yes i've just viewed it too and thank God i waited until after i'd had a meal. Truly shocking and and appalling working conditions with two very serious infections, Salmonella and Campylobacter, at extremely high risk.

The risk of cross contamination was also rife from packs of unsealed chicken piled atop each other and chicken pieces piling up on production lines. Filthy working conditions with raw chicken scraps littering the floor, blocked drainages, and poorly maintained floor surfaces harbouring a multitude of germs. Poorly kitted workforce with incorrect PPE and some working with bare hands.

The OSHA (US equivalent of our HSE) lady also gave a chilling account of horrendous work practices with employees being forced to wear adult nappies due to being denied toilet breaks. That's just plain disgusting and inhumane.

As Dr Wright from the US Brookings Institute said, "Trump believes the worse the relations between UK and EU, the more opportunity for the US and he has a predatory policy toward Brexit".

Dr Wright is spot on with that.

This really is serious viewing which everyone should be concerned about. US can keep their chlorinated crap in their own country. Thank God for the protection of EU law.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/on-demand/68769-001

Bulletguy - 2019-06-03 9:34 PM

You are NOT "fairly new here" and have been told twice by a forum moderator to cease that nonsense along with your silly whingeing attitude as we all know exactly who you are.

Quit disrupting threads.

I take it you found absolutely nothing regarding my "hate agenda" ... Now if the moderator you talk of is looking on and we've acknowledged I am joking regarding me being new here maybe the moderator could act on something your not joking about and thats accusing me of having a "hate agenda" ... Ive asked you to back up that disgraceful comment and as usual you haven't because you cant ... Heres hoping Keith will see this

Birdbrain - 2019-06-04 6:19 AM

You are NOT "fairly new here" and have been told twice by a forum moderator to cease that nonsense along with your silly whingeing attitude as we all know exactly who you are.

Quit disrupting threads.

I take it you found absolutely nothing regarding my "hate agenda" ... Now if the moderator you talk of is looking on and we've acknowledged I am joking regarding me being new here maybe the moderator could act on something your not joking about and thats accusing me of having a "hate agenda" ... Ive asked you to back up that disgraceful comment and as usual you haven't because you cant ... Heres hoping Keith will see this

The very fact that you had to establish a new profile to continue to be able to post, because you were banned due to your racist and hateful posts whilst using your Anthhhhhhony login is proof enough. And if Anthhhhhhony hasn't been banned from posting then prove it by making a post.

Guest pelmetman

The conditions were just horrendous and the health and safety as the expert that viewed it and contributed said, the EU were right to ban it.

Its not just chickens though. Lamb, beef, pork etc in the US is substandard to here as is their animal welfare. We should have nothing to do with them.

Your ten times more likely to get ill and die horribly from eating their crap as you are currently here.

Well don't buy it then *-) ...................Jeesaz! you Remoaners are dim (lol) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-06-04 7:19 AM

Well don't buy it then *-) ...................Jeesaz! you Remoaners are dim (lol) ...........

If you want to leave the EU and fancy a chicken dinner sometime, then it's likely the stuff being processed and packed 'US style' under their 'regulations' is what you will get here in UK.

Had you viewed the programme which i know you haven't (and won't), you'd never buy chicken processed and packed from the US. It's a shame you don't view as you'd be able to give an informed opinion.

Its not as simple as that though is it? Without EU regulations which include strict labelling rules you wont know what your buying or if it includes dodgy ingredients. Ok so you could say to the butcher "is this funky chicken from America?" and if it is presumably they will have to tell you but what about other stuff that contains chicken on the shelf? Or dodgy beef or God knows what else? Restaurants, takeaways etc?

This huge factory wasnt some back street place either. Its the biggest chicken factory in the world and their standards are just shocking. Not only that but the US standards on animal welfare and the way they treat their staff is appalling. Staff not being allowed toilet breaks and having to wear nappies so they can have a pish FFS! Metal and glass oddly finding their way into the product?

Is this the level we are willing to stoop to? Feck me. 8-)

Barryd999 - 2019-06-04 11:13 AM

This huge factory wasnt some back street place either. Its the biggest chicken factory in the world and their standards are just shocking. Not only that but the US standards on animal welfare and the way they treat their staff is appalling. Staff not being allowed toilet breaks and having to wear nappies so they can have a pish FFS! Metal and glass oddly finding their way into the product?

The Tyson processing plant had month after month of recalls.....over 12 million pounds (weight) of chicken strips due to bits of metal being found. That's almost certainly down to shoddy equipment maintenance.

https://time.com/5583751/tyson-chicken-strip-recall/

Another US chicken company here, Perdue Foods, recalled 16 tons after bits of bone were found.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/perdue-recalls-nearly-16-tons-of-organic-chicken-tenders-strips-and-nuggets/

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-04 11:52 AM

The Tyson processing plant had month after month of recalls.....over 12 million pounds (weight) of chicken strips due to bits of metal being found. That's almost certainly down to shoddy equipment maintenance.

Another US chicken company here, Perdue Foods, recalled 16 tons after bits of bone were found.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/perdue-recalls-nearly-16-tons-of-organic-chicken-tenders-strips-and-nuggets/

Why wasn't there the same hysteria on here, when they found listeria in frozen food from Hungary last year? ;-) ........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44739472

Because you're just a bunch of whinging whining Remoaner hypocrites.......That's why *-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-06-04 12:56 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-06-04 11:52 AM

Why wasn't there the same hysteria on here, when they found listeria in frozen food from Hungary last year? ;-) ........

Thanks to stringent EU regulations it was banned;

On 29 June 2018, the Hungarian Food Chain Safety Office banned the marketing of all frozen vegetable and frozen mixed vegetable products produced by the affected plant between August 2016 and June 2018, and ordered their immediate withdrawal and recall.

https://www.foodpoisonjournal.com/foodborne-illness-outbreaks/hungarian-frozen-vegetables-link-in-europe-listeria-outbreak/

The thread subject is about the process of chlorinated chicken in the US which doesn't enforce the same strict HSE regulations as we've been used to in the UK courtesy of further enforcement from EU regulations you now want to chuck down the pan in favour of endangering peoples lives.

I suggest you view the Dispatches report before passing comment because until you do, you're just flailing around desperately searching the internet for anything you can find to excuse it which is downright irresponsible. Even the OSHA (US equivalent of HSE) are far from happy about their working practices.

Fast Pat - 2019-06-04 6:33 AM

Quit disrupting threads.

The very fact that you had to establish a new profile to continue to be able to post, because you were banned due to your racist and hateful posts whilst using your Anthhhhhhony login is proof enough. And if Anthhhhhhony hasn't been banned from posting then prove it by making a post.

Its only a few little weeks since Princess you rather embarrassingly had to backtrack on your Antony was banned line after another member corrected you ... Maybe you could show some proof that Antony was banned because of his alleged by you racism ??? ... Actually you say "racist and hateful posts" so maybe like Ive asked before you could show us a few examples of some of those "posts" n'all ... I dont think you'll find a single one but off you pop sweetie xx

Quit disrupting threads.

Nope ... Youve found nothing ... Your in good company on here ... Fake news lives strongly in the permanently offended ... Lordy

There is absolutely no doubt now that a deal with America will lower standards here and you cannot have a deal with the USA and Europe. The evidence is overwhelming that the EU was right to ban their s**te and I dont want it here. Why anyone would want to swap what we have right now for what America has to offer is frankly beyond me. Its just bonkers. You cant have both so which is it going to be?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-06-04 5:37 PM

There is absolutely no doubt now that a deal with America will lower standards here and you cannot have a deal with the USA and Europe. The evidence is overwhelming that the EU was right to ban their s**te and I dont want it here. Why anyone would want to swap what we have right now for what America has to offer is frankly beyond me. Its just bonkers. You cant have both so which is it going to be?

You are aware we have our own Food Standards Agency? ;-) ............

pelmetman - 2019-06-04 5:41 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-06-04 5:37 PM

You are aware we have our own Food Standards Agency? ;-) ............

We are very aware you haven't viewed that report and until you do you can't really pass a credible comment, choosing instead to carry on burying your head in the sand in the pretence it doesn't really exist. The US agricultural lobby is extremely powerful in politics and that point was mentioned by two Americans in the report.

You need to wake up and start looking outside the box more at the bigger picture and ask yourself why Trump is so anxious about wanting the UK to break away from the EU. It's not for our benefit...it's for the US to use and abuse at will. The FSA is a mere little 'block' he will kick out of the way. Trump is a salesman and doesn't give a flying fig about regulations, he's already shown the contempt he has even within his own country so he sure as hell isn't going to bother about some food standard agency on an ever shrinking tiny little island. Sales and targets is his thing....and he doesn't care how he get's them. What was one of his favourite silly slogans? "America first, America first" (he has to repeat everything twice like a parrot because his 'speeches' are just idiotic inane tweets).

Can you imagine the conversation. UK food standards agency "Errr. Mr Trump, Err very sorry but I am afraid your food does not meet our standards so you cannot export it here". Trump: "I think you will find that we can and will". UK Food standards agency: "Err, hmm. Giggle, err. Yep! That will be fine sir". 8-)

I am pleased we have such high standards her, otherwise they might be putting Horsemeat in the food and passing it off as steak.

Or selling Beef that contained a disease that rots the brain and kills people.

Or eggs full of Salmonella.

747 - 2019-06-04 11:27 PM

I am pleased we have such high standards her, otherwise they might be putting Horsemeat in the food and passing it off as steak.

How long ago was all that? Why do you think EU Food standards have developed and everything has generally become safer over the past few decades?

Its not perfect but its ten times safer than US standards and thats not an exaggeration thats officially how much safer it is.

Barryd999 - 2019-06-04 11:41 PM

747 - 2019-06-04 11:27 PM

How long ago was all that? Why do you think EU Food standards have developed and everything has generally become safer over the past few decades?

Almost 30 years ago (hmm.....Brexiters have a nostalgia for going back) and in the case of BSE almost certainly brought on by our own stupidity of feeding cattle infected meat and bonemeal. Cattle are ruminants and should never have been fed that crap which was unnatural and obviously unhealthy. Their natural feed is grass and vegetation.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-06-04 11:01 PM

Can you imagine the conversation. UK food standards agency "Errr. Mr Trump, Err very sorry but I am afraid your food does not meet our standards so you cannot export it here". Trump: "I think you will find that we can and will". UK Food standards agency: "Err, hmm. Giggle, err. Yep! That will be fine sir". 8-)

It depends whether the FSA is staffed by spineless establishment Remoaners >:-) .........

Archived