Clarkson

Bulletguy

Oooh dear. Brexiters will be in a bit of a dilemma over this, normally liking 'non-pc' and 'telling it like it is' etc. Tory man as well.

“Those coffin-dodging idiots who voted for Brexit have just screwed it all up,” he said.

“We may lose a car or two, but think how many thousands of people are going to have their livelihoods absolutely ruined by car firms understandably moving their factories to Slovakia and wherever else.”

The TV presenter also criticised younger voters for “not getting up to vote” in the 2016 EU referendum.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/interviews/jeremy-clarkson-slams-coffin-dodging-idiots-who-vo/

Guest pelmetman

Your point is what? :-S ..........

I think we're all aware the Tories have plenty of vociferous whinging Remoaners..........Labour has some sensible Brexiteers..........even Corbyn's a closet Brexit supporter >:-) .........

The car companies will always look to low wage countries to build factories. In the last two years Toyota, Ford & GM (Holden) have shut down their manufacturing plants in AU and moved to full import programmes. Japan has become too expensive for some who have moved production of parts of their range to Thailand to take advantage of cheaper labour rates. Unless the governments offer massive sweeteners to the car companies they will not stay. There were lots of "porkies" flying around the plant closures here. Based on that I suspect the Brexit excuse falls into that category - they probably would have moved anyway. Cheers,

Guest pelmetman
Geeco - 2019-01-12 1:57 AM

The car companies will always look to low wage countries to build factories. In the last two years Toyota, Ford & GM (Holden) have shut down their manufacturing plants in AU and moved to full import programmes. Japan has become too expensive for some who have moved production of parts of their range to Thailand to take advantage of cheaper labour rates. Unless the governments offer massive sweeteners to the car companies they will not stay. There were lots of "porkies" flying around the plant closures here. Based on that I suspect the Brexit excuse falls into that category - they probably would have moved anyway. Cheers,

In what passes for Bullets Brain.......everything is Brexits fault :D ..........

Gary.....i don't know if you are familiar with Clarkson but he's a well known TV presenter who used to co-present a very successful motoring programme, "Top Gear". He's always been very outspoken and brash....what people here would term "motor mouth" which was appropriate. The show ran for years with him as the 'anchorman' until it all went pear shaped when the crew were filming off set and an inebriated Clarkson had a row with the shows producer and thumped him. Clarkson got sacked over that.....not that he cared as he's got plenty of money.

Bulletguy - 2019-01-12 3:35 PM

Gary.....i don't know if you are familiar with Clarkson but he's a well known TV presenter who used to co-present a very successful motoring programme, "Top Gear". He's always been very outspoken and brash....what people here would term "motor mouth" which was appropriate. The show ran for years with him as the 'anchorman' until it all went pear shaped when the crew were filming off set and an inebriated Clarkson had a row with the shows producer and thumped him. Clarkson got sacked over that.....not that he cared as he's got plenty of money.

You forgot to mention he hates caravans and detests motorhomes and is a legend in his own tea break not someone to take seriously. :D

Paul we here in the colonies are very familiar with Clarkson & his two mates. We did in fact have an AU version of Top Gear here for a few years. I also have a couple of his books that seem to be a compilation of his newspaper columns. I did enjoy his earlier offerings, before the Stig was "outed". I have watched his Amazon offering and to say I was unimpressed would be an understatement. In addition to a lot of American crap we do see lots of excellent shows from UK/Europe. We buy DVD's to watch in the MH when there is no motor racing to watch on TV. Currently working our way through 3 series of The Tunnel - excellent but I digress.  Tuesday sees a major statement at the Chicago motor show from VW / Ford based around their future together. Seems like next week will be a fascinating week with Brexit vote in your parliament as well. Cheers,

Archived