Common Sense

Tracker

It's not original but it does seem appropriate at the moment?

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

Knowing when to come in out of the rain;

Why the early bird gets the worm;

Life isn’t always fair,

and maybe it was my fault.

Common sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don’t spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults are in charge not children).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of an 8 year old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate on the cheek, teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch, and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student, but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses, and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common sense took a beating when you couldn’t defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common sense finally gave up the will to live, after a women failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common sense was preceded in death, by

His parents, Truth and Trust

His wife, Discretion

His daughter, Responsibility

His son, Reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers

I know my rights

I want my rights

I want it now

I’m a victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realised he was gone.

Guest pelmetman

I suspect common sense still lurks in some of us Rich ;-) .........

We'll be the ones getting on with life and making the best of things :D .......

pelmetman - 2020-05-11 10:54 AM

I suspect common sense still lurks in some of us Rich ;-) .........

We'll be the ones getting on with life and making the best of things :D .......

Instead of constantly whingeing and moaning many of us are thankful for everything we have and living in a country with so many freedoms and priviledges - including ironically the freedom to whinge without fear of persecution.

teflon2 - 2020-05-11 6:09 PM

and chatterbox will cease to exist. B-)

Or revert to how it started with light hearted good humoured banter and jokes about a diverse range of topics simultaneously.

Most of those early contributors gradually left as the extremists took over until we ended up as we are now where the lunatics are running the asylum and most of the tolerant and reasonable folk have left and gone, probably forever.

Tracker - 2020-05-11 7:59 PM

teflon2 - 2020-05-11 6:09 PM

and chatterbox will cease to exist. B-)

Or revert to how it started with light hearted good humoured banter and jokes about a diverse range of topics simultaneously.

Most of those early contributors gradually left as the extremists took over until we ended up as we are now where the lunatics are running the asylum and most of the tolerant and reasonable folk have left and gone, probably forever.

Who's stopping you or anyone from posting or joining in with "good humoured banter and jokes " ??? ... Thats right no one

Tracker - 2020-05-13 6:30 PM

And just look at the responses it gets?

Chatterbox has changed and not for the better.

Absolutely its changed and absolutely with you again not for the better ... Yet nothing is stopping anyone from posting anything light hearted

A light hearted thread is much better when several like minded people who do not take themselves too seriously all contribute and I have seen little evidence of that in recent years.

I often post jokes and whilst I accept that few are original they all raise a smile but it seems there are very few smilers left on here?

Guest rael
Tracker - 2020-05-13 8:31 PM

A light hearted thread is much better when several like minded people who do not take themselves too seriously all contribute and I have seen little evidence of that in recent years.

I often post jokes and whilst I accept that few are original they all raise a smile but it seems there are very few smilers left on here?

A good post/thread. I think there is a lot of Covid-19 fatigue/worry/stress around at the moment contributing to the general sniping and bad feeling. I remain optimistic that better days are ahead.

A man walks into a pub........... Lucky fella.

rael - 2020-05-13 8:00 PM

I think there is a lot of Covid-19 fatigue/worry/stress around at the moment contributing to the general sniping and bad feeling. I remain optimistic that better days are ahead.

I wish that were true, Covid followed 4 years of bad mouthing, bad tempered, badly written, ill conceived, political gibberish Brexit codswallop, which achieved nothing - exept persuading quite a few good contibutors to leave.

I always have a laugh on here Rich. Its why I come and visit every day. Seeing what nonsense Pelmet and Mr Birdbrain (Hinge and Bracket) have posted is always good for a laugh. For over four years now its been relentless comedy. Stop complaining about Chatterbollox, its great entertainment. Remember how we laughed for years at Dave constantly having to change his signature? What joy that brings to so many. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-05-14 9:07 AM

I always have a laugh on here Rich. Its why I come and visit every day. Seeing what nonsense Pelmet and Mr Birdbrain (Hinge and Bracket) have posted is always good for a laugh. For over four years now its been relentless comedy. Stop complaining about Chatterbollox, its great entertainment. Remember how we laughed for years at Dave constantly having to change his signature? What joy that brings to so many. (lol)

I've got two dates to look forward too B-) ..........

The 1st July and the 1st January :D .........

What have you got? (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2020-05-14 10:16 AM

The joy of watching you having to change your signature again probably. (lol)

If not, we will have all the fun of watching you trying to blame the economic fall out on Covid and the EU and probably even Jeremy Corbyn. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-05-14 10:43 AM

If not, we will have all the fun of watching you trying to blame the economic fall out on Covid and the EU and probably even Jeremy Corbyn. (lol)

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/minister-rejects-renewed-calls-brexit-134003913.html

Dreamer......your nothing but a dreamer.....you can put your hands in your head :D ........

Coz its empty (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

pelmetman - 2020-05-14 11:20 AM

Dreamer......your nothing but a dreamer.....you can put your hands in your head :D ........

Ah yes. Another example of just more blatant lies from the bumbling buffoon. Remember when he said there would be no checks in NI? Paperwork? "Harumph, bluster, bumble, Wot Wot, Just put em in the bin" or summat like that.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/13/brexit-will-mean-checks-on-goods-crossing-irish-sea-government-admits?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Its ok though, its just good ole "Boris". He lies, we all know that so thats ok then.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-05-14 12:26 PM

Ah yes. Another example of just more blatant lies from the bumbling buffoon. Remember when he said there would be no checks in NI? Paperwork? "Harumph, bluster, bumble, Wot Wot, Just put em in the bin" or summat like that.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/13/brexit-will-mean-checks-on-goods-crossing-irish-sea-government-admits?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Its ok though, its just good ole "Boris". He lies, we all know that so thats ok then.

Big deal :D ..........

pelmetman - 2020-05-14 3:29 PM

Yeah, its like I said, he can lie, allow people to die, shag his way through half of London (actually ill let him off that one) and do whatever he likes as long as he delivers Brexit for you eh? Its a big deal to the people of Northern Ireland and those here that trade with them. Thats probably of no bother to you though I expect.

This is why so many of us are totally unable to have any trust in this current government at a time when we should be all behind them and supporting them. There is zero level of trust, nothing whatsoever. You elected a serial liar for one purpose and now as a result we are all paying the price.

Barryd999 - 2020-05-14 4:41 PM

Yeah, its like I said, he can lie, allow people to die, shag his way through half of London (actually ill let him off that one) and do whatever he likes as long as he delivers Brexit for you eh? Its a big deal to the people of Northern Ireland and those here that trade with them. Thats probably of no bother to you though I expect.

This is why so many of us are totally unable to have any trust in this current government at a time when we should be all behind them and supporting them. There is zero level of trust, nothing whatsoever. You elected a serial liar for one purpose and now as a result we are all paying the price.

Because the country obviously had much more "trust" in December in a serial terrorist supporter and leader of an anti-Semitic party that you campaigned and voted for ??? ... you lost , you are a serial loser and the only thing you win of late is being the person most full of hate and bitterness

Here you go Dave. I wonder if the people in this room asking the questions and getting firm assurances from Johnson think its a big deal that he blatantly lied to them to their faces. Sounds a bit p*ssed so maybe it dont count.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-05-14 6:46 PM

Here you go Dave. I wonder if the people in this room asking the questions and getting firm assurances from Johnson think its a big deal that he blatantly lied to them to their faces. Sounds a bit p*ssed so maybe it dont count.

If we leave with NO DEAL then border control will be needed :D ..........

So more work for the working man B-) .........

Archived