Confused ...

Birdbrain

Thankyou Brian ... Cant understand why you think I am hesitant in my salute to that young man , I said I salute him , what more do you want me to say ... Asking why the other fellas life was in danger and who was endangering his life seems to be an issue for you ... Your link doesnt really clear up the confusion either , can you tell me yourself ... Just to be clear before you try suggesting what you normally suggest , Mr Hutchinson is one of the only good things to have happened over the past few weeks and if only there were more like Mr Hutchinson on both sides we might not be in the mess we are now

Birdbrain - 2020-06-15 12:17 PM

Thankyou Brian ... Cant understand why you think I am hesitant in my salute to that young man , I said I salute him , what more do you want me to say ...

You're welcome Antony. The hesitation is in your own post. You gave with one hand, and then appeared to want to take back with the other by questioning the roots of his motivation. You titled the string "confused", you said you saluted his act, and then said "but". You wrote it! :-)

Asking why the other fellas life was in danger and who was endangering his life seems to be an issue for you ... Your link doesnt really clear up the confusion either, can you tell me yourself ...

It is an issue, because it is clear that he acted on the spur of the moment without medical advice' His explanation that he thought the man's life "was in danger" has to be interpreted in that context. The man was "being given a kicking" with unpredictable consequences for him, so he acted. You were nit-picking around his motives. Why do that? What doesn't the article clarify? It says the victim was "allegedly part of an alt-right group", and "had been left alone and was being beaten by rival activists". What more need be said?

Just to be clear before you try suggesting what you normally suggest , Mr Hutchinson is one of the only good things to have happened over the past few weeks and if only there were more like Mr Hutchinson on both sides we might not be in the mess we are now

I agree.

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-15 1:00 PM

Thankyou Brian ... Cant understand why you think I am hesitant in my salute to that young man , I said I salute him , what more do you want me to say ...

You're welcome Antony. The hesitation is in your own post. You gave with one hand, and then appeared to want to take back with the other by questioning the roots of his motivation. You titled the string "confused", you said you saluted his act, and then said "but". You wrote it! :-)

Asking why the other fellas life was in danger and who was endangering his life seems to be an issue for you ... Your link doesnt really clear up the confusion either, can you tell me yourself ...

It is an issue, because it is clear that he acted on the spur of the moment without medical advice' His explanation that he thought the man's life "was in danger" has to be interpreted in that context. The man was "being given a kicking" with unpredictable consequences for him, so he acted. You were nit-picking around his motives. Why do that? What doesn't the article clarify? It says the victim was "allegedly part of an alt-right group", and "had been left alone and was being beaten by rival activists". What more need be said?

Just to be clear before you try suggesting what you normally suggest , Mr Hutchinson is one of the only good things to have happened over the past few weeks and if only there were more like Mr Hutchinson on both sides we might not be in the mess we are now

I agree.

No read again Brian ... I didn't question his motivation and anyone that does needs to see a doctor ... I questioned why was his life at risk and who by , totally different but nice try ... I presume the white lads life was in danger because of Black Lives Matter protesters and they were going to kill him or did he save him from being run over by a bus ??? ... Take the goggles off

Birdbrain - 2020-06-15 3:55 PM.......................No read again Brian ... I didn't question his motivation and anyone that does needs to see a doctor ... I questioned why was his life at risk and who by , totally different but nice try ... I presume the white lads life was in danger because of Black Lives Matter protesters and they were going to kill him or did he save him from being run over by a bus ??? ... Take the goggles off

Well, I have, and until you clarified as above what it was that you were trying to find out, I still got the same message from your original post.

There was no "try", just a disappointing feeling of "there he goes again".

So is it fair to say you wanted to draw attention to the unknown victim being rescued from what may have been some of the BLM protesters (who were merely described in the article as "alt right" rivals)). Which, if the above is fair, takes me back to my original question. Why do that?

Birdbrain - 2020-06-15 3:55 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-15 1:00 PM

I agree.

No read again Brian ... I didn't question his motivation and anyone that does needs to see a doctor ... I questioned why was his life at risk and who by , totally different but nice try ... I presume the white lads life was in danger because of Black Lives Matter protesters and they were going to kill him or did he save him from being run over by a bus ??? ... Take the goggles off

You could always listen to what Patrick Hutchinson and his friends had to say first hand when interviewed later, then think about the three US police officers who stood by watching George Floyd being murdered by Chauvin when they could have intervened.....but didn't.

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-15 5:03 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-06-15 3:55 PM.......................No read again Brian ... I didn't question his motivation and anyone that does needs to see a doctor ... I questioned why was his life at risk and who by , totally different but nice try ... I presume the white lads life was in danger because of Black Lives Matter protesters and they were going to kill him or did he save him from being run over by a bus ??? ... Take the goggles off

Well, I have, and until you clarified as above what it was that you were trying to find out, I still got the same message from your original post.

There was no "try", just a disappointing feeling of "there he goes again".

So is it fair to say you wanted to draw attention to the unknown victim being rescued from what may have been some of the BLM protesters (who were merely described in the article as "alt right" rivals)). Which, if the above is fair, takes me back to my original question. Why do that?

"there he goes again" wanting to know who the brave young man was rescuing the injured fella from and why it was likely he would have been killed if he hadn't of rescued him ... Seems like I am in the wrong for asking for some reason ... One can only assume the answer is uncomfortable

Birdbrain - 2020-06-15 5:46 PM

...............….So is it fair to say you wanted to draw attention to the unknown victim being rescued from what may have been some of the BLM protesters (who were merely described in the article as "alt right" rivals))? Which, if the above is fair, takes me back to my original question. Why do that?

"there he goes again" wanting to know who the brave young man was rescuing the injured fella from and why it was likely he would have been killed if he hadn't of rescued him ... Seems like I am in the wrong for asking for some reason ... One can only assume the answer is uncomfortable

So what are the answers to my two questions above?

Is it fair to say you wanted to draw attention to the unknown victim being rescued from what may have been some of the BLM protesters?

If so why do that?

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-15 6:04 PM

...............….So is it fair to say you wanted to draw attention to the unknown victim being rescued from what may have been some of the BLM protesters (who were merely described in the article as "alt right" rivals))? Which, if the above is fair, takes me back to my original question. Why do that?

Is it fair to say you wanted to draw attention to the unknown victim being rescued from what may have been some of the BLM protesters?

If so why do that?

Right ... So it was probably Black Lives Matters protesters that were going to kill the unknown victim had that brave fella not stepped in ... Wow ... One wonders then further why were Black Lives Matters going to kill him , what had he done ??? ... Maybe he was protesting against them which means they can protest but others cant or maybe it was his skin colour ??? ... Maybe you know Brian , I'm just a country boy so dont really understand ... Please tell

Birdbrain - 2020-06-15 6:54 PM

If so why do that?

Right ... So it was probably Black Lives Matters protesters that were going to kill the unknown victim had that brave fella not stepped in ... Wow ... One wonders then further why were Black Lives Matters going to kill him , what had he done ??? ... Maybe he was protesting against them which means they can protest but others cant or maybe it was his skin colour ??? ... Maybe you know Brian , I'm just a country boy so dont really understand ... Please tell

Thank you Antony. Nothing to tell. You've told all.

Birdbrain - 2020-06-15 7:54 PM

If so why do that?

Pretty clear to me. Two opposing groups, one anti-racist, the other racist. Both groups get into a confrontation, it turns nasty, the white fella is probably getting beat up by the anti-racists, the black fella steps in with his mates and helps him out. Simple. These things happen, unfortunately.

Archived