Congestion Charge

howie

Going to Shepton Mallet show next month and plan to follow coast from Bournemouth right up to Scarborough and hopefully catch the show at Pickering.

Most probably use the Dartford crossing, but would like to know how close we can get to London without incurring the congestion charge. Thanks.

By congestion charge do you mean the £8-00 oor whatever it is or the £200-00 LEZ I assume that is still functioning.The congestion charge is quite central but theLEZ is within the M25 This is for anything over 3.5 tonnes I think, but would suggest you go on the net and make sure.

Mick H.

There is a map showing the LEZ and Congestion Charge areas Here.

Although parts of the M25 run through the LEZ, none of the M25 is included in it. If you join the M25 from the south/south west, travel through the Dartford Tunnel and leave it eastwards/northwards then you shouldn't enter the LEZ at all.

Graham

Thanks for those 'links' guys, and very good of you to find them for me. Supprised how far out that LEZ extended with Dartford only about 3/4 KMs, whatever that is, outside the zone so i'll have to make sure I stick to the planned route.

We will have five clear days to get up to Pickering and first overnight stop, for sentimental reasons, would be Southsea. Your neck of the woods this one Mick, so lets have some local knowledge on where to stay and with a bit more enthusiasm this time. ;-)

Howie, Why not try Hayling Island. for an overnight stop, There are a few touringg sites there, We stayed at one some years back.Sorry cant remember the site name, Lovely views out to sea, though. and not far from Southsea, My Mum's birth place, enjoy where ever you visit, Ria.

ohgrandma - 2008-08-29 8:34 AM

Hayling Island.Sorry cant remember the site name, Lovely views out to sea, not far from Southsea, My Mum's birth place,

Ever so kind of you Ria and like I always say, you can't beat 'local knowledge'. x

colin - 2008-08-29 6:30 PM

A little aside for graham, had my lunch at Fairfax's view point today, had just dropped of a Morgan bevel box, aside from the roar of A14, it was quite interesting to look out and 'see' how the battle progressed.

Jill and I have taken part in the Festival of History at Kelmarsh Hall three times now so have driven past the battle site several times - but never actually managed to stop off there. One of these days we will :-D

Graham

Archived