Coronavirus tracked

Bulletguy

Very interesting charts and graphs on this site;

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

The introduction of a proper lockdown in France seem to be working for them now. With the exception of key workers, no citizens allowed to leave their home without a permit stating what time they left and only allowed a max distance of 1km from home for a daily exercise.

South Korea plateaued out long back thanks to their widespread early testing and tracing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2020-04-06 6:39 PM

Very interesting charts and graphs on this site;

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

The introduction of a proper lockdown in France seem to be working for them now. With the exception of key workers, no citizens allowed to leave their home without a permit stating what time they left and only allowed a max distance of 1km from home for a daily exercise.

France is different because they don't have Britain's housing crisis

South Korea is different because they snapped up the testing and protective equipment whilst the UK Govt was asleep at the wheel. Now all we have is a Chris Grayling style contract for ventilators with a company that has no ventilators *-)

Saw it published in other msm earlier today. Four figures is bad enough but i said a bit back it's only a matter of time before we see fatalities in five figures. :-(

UK had it's worst day with yet another highest recorded figure of 936 taking the total to 7,172. :-(

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-britains-coronavirus-death-toll-21834235#source=push

Time a full proper lockdown was implemented. Paris has now banned outdoor exercise such as walkers, joggers etc between 10am - 7pm with hefty fines for any flouting it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-paris-lockdown-exercise-outdoor-times-a9452331.html

Bulletguy - 2020-04-08 3:23 PM

UK had it's worst day with yet another highest recorded figure of 936 taking the total to 7,172. :-(

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-britains-coronavirus-death-toll-21834235#source=push

Time a full proper lockdown was implemented. Paris has now banned outdoor exercise such as walkers, joggers etc between 10am - 7pm with hefty fines for any flouting it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-paris-lockdown-exercise-outdoor-times-a9452331.html

For a City fine.

It should've been a proper "lockdown" from the off.

What we've got currently isn't a "lockdown" because there a far too many, woolly, loop holes..

"..but..but..I'm walking my dog...I'm "exercising ... I'm "working"..."

I was raking out and repointing the side of the house earlier in the week, and although there were "minimal" cars passing along our residential street, it was striking the number on "non-essential" delivery vans that were stopping/delivering (Argos/PC world, furniture delivery vans etc).

I was also struck by the increase in the number of people "exercising" and walking their dog(s)!

What part of - Stay At Home, are these people struggling to grasp! *-)

jumpstart - 2020-04-08 4:12 PM

For a City fine.

Very true.

If someone lives in a cottage in the middle of Dartmoor, with no neighbours, why should they be totally " locked down " ?

:-|

pepe63 - 2020-04-08 4:23 PM

What we've got currently isn't a "lockdown" because there a far too many, woolly, loop holes..

I was raking out and repointing the side of the house earlier in the week, and although there were "minimal" cars passing along our residential street, it was striking the number on "non-essential" delivery vans that were stopping/delivering (Argos/PC world, furniture delivery vans etc).

I was also struck by the increase in the number of people "exercising" and walking their dog(s)!

And why were you outside?

jumpstart - 2020-04-08 4:57 PM

Err...because my arms aren't long enough to reach my brickwork that faces my driveway, whilst I'm sitting inside, you clown! >:-)

pepe63 - 2020-04-08 5:08 PM

jumpstart - 2020-04-08 4:57 PM

Err...because my arms aren't long enough to reach my brickwork that faces my driveway, whilst I'm sitting inside, you clown! >:-)

but...but ...I’m just outside...I’m working.....you don’t seem to like others going “outside”

What we've got currently isn't a "lockdown" because there a far too many, woolly, loop holes.

Totally agree Pepe. I'd go as far to say we've never really had a lockdown and there were far too many mixed indecisive messages.

Yes business and the economy is going to suffer, sadly with some going to the wall. Earlier i was talking with a relative about a nephew who runs a travel agency business. He literally built it up as a young man on nothing more than a computer in a spare room at home to owning a chain of agencies. All his staff have had to be laid off, bookings cancelled, refunds made etc etc.

Estimated cost of the furlough scheme is said to be around £30 - 40 billion after just three months. But if thats the cost of staying alive, so be it. Google and the 1%'ers will have to start paying more tax.

https://tinyurl.com/s9ahkaw

malc d - 2020-04-08 4:45 PM

For a City fine.

Very true.

If someone lives in a cottage in the middle of Dartmoor, with no neighbours, why should they be totally " locked down " ?

No comparison to a town or city such as Paris though Malc......which that article was about! ;-)

Isolated cottages/farms are easy for the occupants to handle, but few live in that type of environment. Shetland islands, Orkneys and Outer Hebrides have recorded just one death from coronavirus. It's fairly remote!

Bulletguy - 2020-04-08 5:50 PM

For a City fine.

Very true.

No comparison to a town or city such as Paris though Malc......which that article was about! ;-)

Isolated cottages/farms are easy for the occupants to handle, but few live in that type of environment. Shetland islands, Orkneys and Outer Hebrides have recorded just one death from coronavirus. It's fairly remote!

You don’t have to be that remote, our walk today started at 8.30 finished at 1.30 ,11 miles of public footpaths and some lanes. Apart from one woman on a horse and a tractor we never saw a soul. This is South Somerset. Number of confirmed cases in Somerset 114. So must be doing something right.

jumpstart - 2020-04-08 5:31 PM

but...but ...I’m just outside...I’m working.....you don’t seem to like others going “outside”

Are you daft? or bored?..or a bit of both maybe? ;-)

I was on my own driveway, up the side of own own house..(about 5-6 cars lengths from the road )

If you can't grasp the difference between that and folk aimlessly ambling around the streets for something to do ( "exercising" yeah right), then I can see why you struggled so much with understanding why campsites shut...

(And before you come back with some "..but what about people, living in bedsits..' malarkey . a) There are no bedsits around here and b) The bulk of these were "older" people, who were obviously just killing time because they couldn't drive to Waitrose, the garden centre or to their preferred dog "walk").

The instruction- Stay At Home- should apply to all of us.

pepe63 - 2020-04-08 6:15 PM

I was on my own driveway, up the side of own own house..(about 5-6 cars lengths from the road )

If you can't grasp the difference between that and folk aimlessly ambling around the streets for something to do ( "exercising" yeah right), then I can see why you struggled so much with understanding why campsites shut...

(And before you come back with some "..but what about people, living in bedsits..' malarkey . a) There are no bedsits around here and b) The bulk of these were "older" people, who were obviously just killing time because they couldn't drive to Waitrose, the garden centre or to their preferred dog "walk").

And exercise means ....well exercise,including...um...ambling.........

jumpstart - 2020-04-08 6:02 PM

For a City fine.

Very true.

You don’t have to be that remote, our walk today started at 8.30 finished at 1.30 ,11 miles of public footpaths and some lanes. Apart from one woman on a horse and a tractor we never saw a soul. This is South Somerset. Number of confirmed cases in Somerset 114. So must be doing something right.

They are.....they're obviously at home. ;-)

pepe63 - 2020-04-08 6:15 PM

Errr ... Can I answer ... Daft ... Just plain old daft

For a City fine.

Very true.

Why is it your exempt from the 1 hour exercise guidance time that our Government has suggested ??? ... Matters not how many folk you came across on your walk as you couldn't possibly know if you would see 1 or 100 before setting off ... If I had your address I would report you , maybe Bullet has it as hes good at getting addresses of members on here ... Shame on you for your utterly selfish actions

Birdbrain - 2020-04-08 6:32 PM

For a City fine.

Very true.

Why is it your exempt from the 1 hour exercise guidance time that our Government has suggested ??? ... Matters not how many folk you came across on your walk as you couldn't possibly know if you would see 1 or 100 before setting off ... If I had your address I would report you , maybe Bullet has it as hes good at getting addresses of members on here ... Shame on you for your utterly selfish actions

There is no time limit on exercise according to the government guidelines,it also says if you meet anyone keep 2m apart. So l have complied .I have a Paramedic next door who often says “ have a good walk” and two police officers opposite. How Daft are you?

John52 - 2020-04-07 9:19 PM

Now all we have is a Chris Grayling style contract for ventilators with a company that has no ventilators *-)

... plus a load of unreliable virus testing kits that the Government's pooper scoopers are seeking a refund for *-)

after a brief look at how the official daily death figures are being recorded I have stopped taking them seriously :-S

Bulletguy - 2020-04-08 5:39 PM

Estimated cost of the furlough scheme is said to be around £30 - 40 billion after just three months.

Bonanza for fraudsters. Last I heard it was already triple the Governments estimates. :-S

and yet we had more advantages than any of them being surrounded by water, and having more notice.

The head of the Government lecturing us on how to avoid the virus is in intensive care with it himself, yety still clings on to power as if there is no one else who could do a better job.

And before anybody says you shouldn't criticise him when he is unwell, I say if he is unwell he shouldn't still be in charge, You can't have it both ways.

Archived