Cross Channel freight trade drop in event of 'no deal'

Bulletguy

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-22 11:39 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-22 11:01 PM

So there wont be any queues :D ............

Try listening for once in your life. *-)

I did...... to all the predictions your experts said would happen if we voted to leave (lol) ..............

So there's no point in listening to anymore fairy stories :D ..........

You wont get any Brexiteers to watch that. Their heads are firmly in the sand I reckon.

An interesting clip but its nothing new. Customs officials have been saying the same for some time yet here we are with just a couple of months to go and nothing. No real preps at all. The only thing they can do to avoid chaos as the customs official said would be to just let it all through unchecked. So much for taking back control of our borders if thats the solution.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-23 10:41 AM

You wont get any Brexiteers to watch that. Their heads are firmly in the sand I reckon.

An interesting clip but its nothing new. Customs officials have been saying the same for some time yet here we are with just a couple of months to go and nothing. No real preps at all. The only thing they can do to avoid chaos as the customs official said would be to just let it all through unchecked. So much for taking back control of our borders if thats the solution.

Do customs check every container that arrives in the UK from non EU countries now? ;-) ..........

NO *-) .....

So the only difference I can see happening is that customs will check SOME EU trucks :-| ......

Tracker - 2019-01-22 7:29 PM

Seeing as the UK imports far more than it exports that may not be all bad after all?

Too quick, Richard, the comment relates to export movements, not import, on the basis that Calais is not geared up for checking incoming third country movements, meaning that much traffic would have to be re-routed via Rotterdam or Zeebrugge, which routinely handle incoming third country trade.

The same was thought likely to be the case for outbound passengers, who are thought likely to be questioned as to their intentions when entering the Schengen (France is in Schengen) area as third country visitors.

The implication is simple, is the port backs up, the ships have to stop sailing.

I see the usual suspect thinks Border Force is a covert remain organisation, and that his Brexit hocus will persuade them to lean on the French Customs and National Police to nod through all traffic from the UK, irrespective of EU regulations. What a funny world he inhabits! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-23 4:28 PM

I see the usual suspect thinks Border Force is a covert remain organisation, and that his Brexit hocus will persuade them to lean on the French Customs and National Police to nod through all traffic from the UK, irrespective of EU regulations. What a funny world he inhabits! :-D

Like many government departments the border force see themselves as cash starved and will of course use any platform available to ask for more money - you can't blame them for trying!

Tracker - 2019-01-23 4:43 PM

Like many government departments the border force see themselves as cash starved and will of course use any platform available to ask for more money - you can't blame them for trying!

I don't, and they'll need it if Brexit goes ahead! But, in the particular case, they were talking about the traffic impact of additional checks on our stuff/people entering France, not on Border Force's needs for safeguarding the UK border.

pelmetman - 2019-01-23 11:02 AM

Do customs check every container that arrives in the UK from non EU countries now? ;-) ..........

NO *-) .....

So the only difference I can see happening is that customs will check SOME EU trucks :-| ......

You havent watched Bullets link have you? You really are going to have to bite the bullet (see what I did there (lol) ) and take your head out of the sand and make yourself watch some of this stuff rather than go la la la la la with your fingers in your ears. Its not the checking of the trucks thats the only problem its the massive amount of paper work. Only three percent of traffic are currently from third countries but if we crash out of the EU one hundred percent of the paperwork will be from a third country and the file of paper work (Again look at the video) is three inches thick rather than a single A4 piece of paper and they take about twenty minutes to go through, each and thats assuming there are no problems with said paperwork. The Customs official was asked straight up "could you cope with this after Brexit" and the answer a flat "No".

Its estimated that just a two minute delay will lead to seventeen miles of queues and if each truck is delayed by twenty minutes or more? Well you do the maths.

Tracker - 2019-01-23 4:43 PM

May got rid of hundreds of BA staff during her tenure as HS. If you want to run services on shoe string budgets then you get the results you deserve. It's manpower they are seriously lacking now, but according to another poster employment is now at it's highest level (he ignores the inconvenient fact that one hour per week unpaid work now counts as "employed"), where are you going to get the staff from? Bear in mind it takes between 6 - 18 months to fully train.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-23 5:42 PM

NO *-) .....

You havent watched Bullets link have you?

No Brexiteer will. They are in a state of stubborn denial and only want to hear 'nice news' about their Brexidream. Even when professionals working on the frontline like that Steve Applebee with years of experience tell them, they won't listen.

Guest pelmetman

NO *-) .....

You havent watched Bullets link have you? You really are going to have to bite the bullet (see what I did there (lol) ) and take your head out of the sand and make yourself watch some of this stuff rather than go la la la la la with your fingers in your ears. Its not the checking of the trucks thats the only problem its the massive amount of paper work. Only three percent of traffic are currently from third countries but if we crash out of the EU one hundred percent of the paperwork will be from a third country and the file of paper work (Again look at the video) is three inches thick rather than a single A4 piece of paper and they take about twenty minutes to go through, each and thats assuming there are no problems with said paperwork. The Customs official was asked straight up "could you cope with this after Brexit" and the answer a flat "No".

Its estimated that just a two minute delay will lead to seventeen miles of queues and if each truck is delayed by twenty minutes or more? Well you do the maths.

However do customs manage all the paperwork for the stuff we import from non EU countries? *-) ........

You Remaoners are a gullible lot ;-) ...........

Your swallowing the Remoaner establishments latest propaganda blitzkrieg hook line and sinker >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-01-23 10:50 PM

NO *-) .....

However do customs manage all the paperwork for the stuff we import from non EU countries? *-) ........

Your swallowing the Remoaner establishments latest propaganda blitzkrieg hook line and sinker >:-) ...........

Dave, are you pished or on drugs or summat? Did you not read my post at all let alone not watch the video? I stated quite clearly that only 3% are from non EU countries and require the three inch thick set of paper work to go through. If we leave the EU there will be a set of paper work that thick for every single truck of which there are four million coming through Dover and the Tunnel a year.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-23 11:31 PM

NO *-) .....

Dave, are you pished or on drugs or summat? Did you not read my post at all let alone not watch the video? I stated quite clearly that only 3% are from non EU countries and require the three inch thick set of paper work to go through. If we leave the EU there will be a set of paper work that thick for every single truck of which there are four million coming through Dover and the Tunnel a year.

Barry, are you stupid or summat?........The bulk of our non EU imports do not come via RORO ferries ;-) .......

Those containers arrive in ports like Liverpool, Hull, Felixstowe, Harwich etc etc.......exactly the same kind of containers that arrive on trucks at Dover >:-) ..........

Are those customs staff complaining? :-S ........Nope *-) ...........

Your vid is just part of the Remoaner establishments project fear >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-01-24 9:48 AM

NO *-) .....

Barry, are you stupid or summat?........The bulk of our non EU imports do not come via RORO ferries ;-) .......

Those containers arrive in ports like Liverpool, Hull, Felixstowe, Harwich etc etc.......exactly the same kind of containers that arrive on trucks at Dover >:-) ..........

Your still missing the point. 55% of our imports are from the EU, by leaving the EU with no deal your making them subject to the same customs procedures as the rest of our imports which involves customs checks and a shed load more paperwork whichever port they land at it seems there has been little or no work done to prepare for this.

I can only assume therefore that the UK will just not bother to control its borders and do checks (so much for taking back control of our borders), not leave the EU or just plunge ANY ports that deal with a large amount of imports from the EU into chaos.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-24 11:20 AM

NO *-) .....

Your still missing the point. 55% of our imports are from the EU, by leaving the EU with no deal your making them subject to the same customs procedures as the rest of our imports which involves customs checks and a shed load more paperwork whichever port they land at it seems there has been little or no work done to prepare for this.

I can only assume therefore that the UK will just not bother to control its borders and do checks (so much for taking back control of our borders), not leave the EU or just plunge ANY ports that deal with a large amount of imports from the EU into chaos.

I expect Dover customs will carry out "some" checks...........just as they do with non EU imports now ;-) .......

So any chaos will be totally unnecessary :-| ...........It'll just be pettiness by our Remoaner establishment *-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-01-24 1:01 PM

NO *-) .....

I expect Dover customs will carry out "some" checks...........just as they do with non EU imports now ;-) .......

So any chaos will be totally unnecessary :-| ...........It'll just be pettiness by our Remoaner establishment *-) .........

But Dave!! Its not just a case of some bloke looking in the back of a truck, the paper work has to be processed for every truck and its three inches thick for one truck thats from a third country and a piece of A4 currently under the SM and CU. What are they going to do just not bother with any paperwork at all? I give up. It will all be fine.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-24 1:08 PM

NO *-) .....

But Dave!! Its not just a case of some bloke looking in the back of a truck, the paper work has to be processed for every truck and its three inches thick for one truck thats from a third country and a piece of A4 currently under the SM and CU. What are they going to do just not bother with any paperwork at all? I give up. It will all be fine.

But Barry!........Do customs not currently process that paperwork from non EU countries? ;-) ........

Why isn't that a problem? :-S ..........

pelmetman - 2019-01-24 1:57 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-01-24 1:08 PM

NO *-) .....

But Barry!........Do customs not currently process that paperwork from non EU countries? ;-) ........

Why isn't that a problem? :-S ..........

Well at Dover (as I keep repeatedly saying) only three percent "currently" have that level of paperwork, if we leave with no deal or we eventually leave without membership of the customs union then then that will be 100% of that traffic that has a file three inches thick for every truck of which there are four million. This will apply whichever way you ship in these goods to whichever port. There are currently four million trucks a year that come through Dover. They are talking about sending them to other Ports in Brittany but ive been to them and they are not on the same scale as Calais or Dover and would be no good for just in time deliveries as it will add two days. Please dont mention Ramsgate and Seaborne as thats the biggest Brexit laugh this year.

NO *-) .....

Immingham port handles three times more cargo per year than Dover. Now listen to the whole clip and listen to what the front line workforce say......they do know what they're talking about, you don't.

A large international haulage firm in Dartford......listen to front line workers.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-24 4:32 PM

NO *-) .....

Immingham port handles three times more cargo per year than Dover. Now listen to the whole clip and listen to what the front line workforce say......they do know what they're talking about, you don't.

A large international haulage firm in Dartford......listen to front line workers.

Gawd you lot are gullible *-) ..........

We've been importing before we were first invaded ;-) .........the difference is the EU has decided to rape and pillage our tax payers :-| ......

pelmetman - 2019-01-24 6:11 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-24 4:32 PM

Gawd you lot are gullible *-) ..........

We've been importing before we were first invaded ;-) .........the difference is the EU has decided to rape and pillage our tax payers :-| ......

Why don't you listen to what the front line workers say on those clips instead of getting increasingly drunk on your cheap plonk? As i pointed out they know what they're talking about where your silly tweet like remarks are just nonsensical drivel.

Archived