Daily Mail report

Bulletguy

The Beano boys have been very quiet about this.....can't think why as it's from their favoured source they love to quote! :-S

He (Boris Johnson) was breathless, I assume from residual side-effects of the virus.

But it could also have been from excitement at being able to deliver so much tremendously positive news.

BOOM! We’re over the peak of coronavirus and on the ‘downward slope’!

BOOM! The first stage of our battle with COVID-19 has been a triumph because we’ve ‘succeeded to avoid the tragedy that engulfed other parts of the world’ and 500,000 people didn’t die!

BOOM! The disintegrating economy’s going to ‘bounce back strongly’!

BOOM! There will be a ‘comprehensive roadmap’ released next week to show how we’ll be coming out of lockdown!

Going full Julie Andrews, Boris assured us that though it’s been like coming through ‘some huge alpine tunnel’, we’ll soon be seeing sunlight and pastures again!

Oh, and he wanted us to know ‘we are throwing everything at it, heart and soul, night and day’!

Wow, this all sounded fantastic.

It also sounded like complete and utter bullsh*t.

A few weeks ago, I compared President Trump to Comical Ali, Saddam Hussein’s ludicrous ‘Information Minister’ during the Iraq War who boasted that American ‘infidels’ were killing themselves ‘in their hundreds’ at the gates of Baghdad – as TV viewers could hear US weaponry loudly destroying Iraqi forces in the background.

I didn’t think it would be possible for any world leader in this crisis to sound more delusional than Trump, whose antics at his own daily briefings have become an unedifying masterclass in how not to handle a pandemic.

But Boris managed to make Trump seem almost credible, and his sycophantic loyalists on social media lapped it up.

‘That’s our guy!’ they drooled as Boris informed us in no uncertain terms that we’re going to get this virus done, just as he got Brexit done.

But the virus isn’t like Brexit.

It’s not a political ideology that can be open to debate, or an argument that can be won with buffoonery, bluster and Churchillian soundbites.

https://tinyurl.com/yb7ms2yp

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2020-05-01 8:02 PM

Hate has obviously poisoned you ... WTF is that cr@p you posted hateboy

Hired hack Piers Morgan is doing the DM's Remoaner editors bidding ;-) ..........

That's why it appeals to the forums numero hater :D .........

pelmetman - 2020-05-01 10:06 PM

Hired hack Piers Morgan is doing the DM's Remoaner editors bidding ;-) ..........

Just to bring you up to speed on the DM editor;

Greig supported the UK remaining in the EU in the June 2016 referendum as editor of The Mail on Sunday. He then shifted his stance to supporting Theresa May's withdrawal agreement. Greig was considered to have steered the Daily Mail in a pro-Remain direction, which has been criticised by his predecessor, Paul Dacre, who said "Support for Brexit is in the DNA of both the Daily Mail and, more pertinently, its readers. Any move to reverse this would be editorial and commercial suicide." The Guardian said that Dacre's general criticism of Greig showed "the deep personal and ideological divisions at the top of the newspaper".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geordie_Greig

As much as i dislike the level of 'journalism' in the Beano, unlike Dacre maybe Grieg has seen the light and as a Tory Cabinet minister once said, "if a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy". And you will agree with that. :-D

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-02 2:06 PM

Greig supported the UK remaining in the EU in the June 2016 referendum as editor of The Mail on Sunday. He then shifted his stance to supporting Theresa May's withdrawal agreement. Greig was considered to have steered the Daily Mail in a pro-Remain direction, which has been criticised by his predecessor, Paul Dacre, who said "Support for Brexit is in the DNA of both the Daily Mail and, more pertinently, its readers. Any move to reverse this would be editorial and commercial suicide." The Guardian said that Dacre's general criticism of Greig showed "the deep personal and ideological divisions at the top of the newspaper".

As much as i dislike the level of 'journalism' in the Beano, unlike Dacre maybe Grieg has seen the light and as a Tory Cabinet minister once said, "if a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy". And you will agree with that. :-D

I doubt the owner of the Daily Mail will agree when Grieg makes it as popular as the Sun is in Liverpool (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2020-05-02 2:39 PM

I doubt the owner of the Daily Mail will agree when Grieg makes it as popular as the Sun is in Liverpool (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

That is no comparison to when Johnson was ordered by his boss to go and apologise to the people of Liverpool after accusing them of "wallowing in victim status" over Hillsborough? At the time Johnson was editor of the Spectator rag and shadow minister for the arts and vice-chairman of the Tory party.

Spectacular own goal yet again Pelmet......you skewered yourself.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/sep/13/boris-johnson-apologises-hillsborough-article

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-02 3:00 PM

That is no comparison to when Johnson was ordered by his boss to go and apologise to the people of Liverpool after accusing them of "wallowing in victim status" over Hillsborough? At the time Johnson was editor of the Spectator rag and shadow minister for the arts and vice-chairman of the Tory party.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/sep/13/boris-johnson-apologises-hillsborough-article

Was Boris wrong? ...........

Lefties have always played the victim in my experience :-| ..........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-05-02 3:35 PM

Dacre could afford to support Brexit because he was leaving before it went tits up.

The new editor has to consider the longer term.

Is p*ssing off your readership considering the longer term? :D ...........

pelmetman - 2020-05-02 3:23 PM

Absolutely yes he was. Read the Taylor Inquiry.

That's a despicable and utterly gross comment to make about the families and friends of the 96 people crushed to death. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-02 4:33 PM

That's a despicable and utterly gross comment to make about the families and friends of the 96 people crushed to death. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I was refering to Lefties ............I see you have inherited the trait ;-) ...........

Must be summat in the water 8-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-05-02 5:15 PM

I was refering to Lefties ............I see you have inherited the trait ;-) ...........

Stop trying to squirm your way out.

You asked "was Boris wrong"? He was and Lord Taylors comments in the inquiry irrefutably prove that. Even Michael Howard knew Johnson was wrong to say what he did.......it's only sycophants like you in denial who support Johnson so don't associate me with your vile despicable comments which belong in the sewers you inhabit. Your day of reckoning will come one day.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-02 5:39 PM

You asked "was Boris wrong"? He was and Lord Taylors comments in the inquiry irrefutably prove that. Even Michael Howard knew Johnson was wrong to say what he did.......it's only sycophants like you in denial who support Johnson so don't associate me with your vile despicable comments which belong in the sewers you inhabit. Your day of reckoning will come one day.

Giggle :D ........

You're gonna damage your putor stabbing it with your finger like that 8-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-05-02 5:47 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-05-02 5:39 PM

Giggle :D ........

You're gonna damage your putor stabbing it with your finger like that 8-) ........

Bullets gone to Hollywood ... Wish he was my Grandad ... Such a rebel ... Without a cause though , other than hatred

Archived