Democracy......what "democracy"?

Bulletguy

Johnson now seeking legal advice on proroguing Parliament to stop MPs forcing a further extension to Brexit to avoid a no deal catastrophe. Wow....no democratic leader should even be discussing this let alone looking at ways to close it down to get your own way.

Interestingly it says from "leaked government correspondence" suggesting there is one sane person left in Johnsons autocracy.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/24/johnson-seeks-legal-advice-parliament-closure

Obviously there will be no bias in a story from the Guardian ... that bastion of fair reporting. :D

Is the BBC also part of the Guardian? Just asking because the BBC is still publicising only doom and gloom stories as well.

747 - 2019-08-25 12:48 PM

Obviously there will be no bias in a story from the Guardian ... that bastion of fair reporting. :D

Is the BBC also part of the Guardian? Just asking because the BBC is still publicising only doom and gloom stories as well.

The Torygraph ran a poll on it with a Wail style header making wholly incorrect and false claims.....but then it is a mouthpiece for Brexiters and they're used to lying and being told lies.

https://fullfact.org/europe/telegraph-suspending-parliament/

Its just more of the Johnson act to con people like Dave and FunnyJohn that he is up for a well ard Brexit so they dont go off running to Mr Sewage. Seems to be working if you look at the Brexit party ratings. I bet Johnson is pissing himself laughing every day.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-25 4:54 PM

Its just more of the Johnson act to con people like Dave and FunnyJohn that he is up for a well ard Brexit so they dont go off running to Mr Sewage. Seems to be working if you look at the Brexit party ratings. I bet Johnson is pissing himself laughing every day.

I don't know I'm actually cheered up by the look of Johnson these days - bags are appearing under his eyes and you can see he is panicked at the thought of real work solving problems he has created. I genuinely think, given his love of all things Churchill, that he has is s**tting himself having finally realised that his place in history risks being slightly darker - even his mate Mogg said it would take fifty years to see the benefits of brexs**t. So economic meltdown and ending peace in Ireland - what a legacy.

Fast Pat - 2019-08-25 5:18 PM

I don't know I'm actually cheered up by the look of Johnson these days - bags are appearing under his eyes and you can see he is panicked at the thought of real work solving problems he has created. I genuinely think, given his love of all things Churchill, that he has is s**tting himself having finally realised that his place in history risks being slightly darker - even his mate Mogg said it would take fifty years to see the benefits of brexs**t. So economic meltdown and ending peace in Ireland - what a legacy.

Which is why I think he is bluffing. He has acted out the entire thing from the moment he wrote two articles about Brexit, One if favour and one against. He is just playing Boris Farage at the moment. How he actually gets out of this one though I dont know but he will do his best to pass the buck onto the remainers or EU whatever happens be it a crash out or remaining in the EU.

How has it come to this? What a fecking joke this country is.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-25 6:53 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-08-25 5:18 PM

Which is why I think he is bluffing. He has acted out the entire thing from the moment he wrote two articles about Brexit, One if favour and one against. He is just playing Boris Farage at the moment. How he actually gets out of this one though I dont know but he will do his best to pass the buck onto the remainers or EU whatever happens be it a crash out or remaining in the EU.

How has it come to this? What a fecking joke this country is.

He does lots of "uhmms". "errrs", "ah buts" and stutters his way through interviews. It's pure panto now as options disappear in a puff and Brexiters growing increasingly nervous at not having anyone left to blame but themselves for the cliff edge catastrophe.

I'm sure they'll still find someone or something to blame though.....climate change, Muslims, homeless people, leaves on the line, anything but taking responsibility for their actions when it all goes tits up.

Guest pelmetman

What a fecking joke this country is.

In 67 days the joke will be on you Remoaners :D ............

pelmetman - 2019-08-25 9:47 PM

How so? either Boris will screw you over or we leave with nothing. If its the later then we will see who the joke is on in the coming months. I will be only too happy for "the joke" to be on us remoaners if Brexit is a huge success and the economy doesn't tank and the country doesn't descend into chaos. If however it all turns out to be a complete clusterfcuk then I fear "the joke" will be on you except it wont be a joke when peoples lives are ruined, businesses trashed and people start dying as a result.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-26 12:35 AM

How so? either Boris will screw you over or we leave with nothing. If its the later then we will see who the joke is on in the coming months. I will be only too happy for "the joke" to be on us remoaners if Brexit is a huge success and the economy doesn't tank and the country doesn't descend into chaos. If however it all turns out to be a complete clusterfcuk then I fear "the joke" will be on you except it wont be a joke when peoples lives are ruined, businesses trashed and people start dying as a result.

We're all doomed! Starving children, riots on the streets, people dying and millions out of work when businesses crash.

We're doomed, we're doomed I tell you no!

No live animals were used and Remainers actually harmed in this rebuttal of Thick Barry's utterly stupid scare story.

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-26 7:11 AM

We're all doomed! Starving children, riots on the streets, people dying and millions out of work when businesses crash.

No live animals were used and Remainers actually harmed in this rebuttal of Thick Barry's utterly stupid scare story.

The one based on this government's most RECENT assessment

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-08-26 7:15 AM

So Eeyore changed the date before he released it *-) .........

Is he also claiming the doom & gloom document doesn't have his and May's "Remoaner" scaremongering fingerprints all over it? >:-) .............

"Operation Yellowhammer is the codename used by the UK Treasury for cross-government civil contingency planning for the possibility of a no-deal Brexit.[1][2][3] In the event of exit with no-deal, the UK's unilateral departure from the EU would disrupt, for an unknown duration, many aspects of the relationship between the UK and European Union, including financial transfers, movement of people, trade, customs and other regulations.[4] Operation Yellowhammer is intended to mitigate, within the UK, the effects of this disruption,[2] and would be expected to run for approximately three months.[5] It has been developed by the Civil Contingencies Secretariat (CCS), a department of the Cabinet Office responsible for emergency planning.

In early August 2019, after Boris Johnson had become the UK Prime Minister, the Cabinet Office "was not able to confirm" that the Operation Yellowhammer plan remained in place,[6] although a Yellowhammer document from earlier that month was leaked in mid-August."

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-08-25 11:35 PM

......and the 2019 award for forum drama Queen goes to..................

(pregnant pause for effect)........

BARRY!............. (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Can I suggest you all bookmark the above also please people?

The truth is FunnyJohn that you have no idea, none whatsoever just how bad Brexit will effect our country and peoples lives. Worryingly neither does our government it seems. Have you studied Chaos theory? I have as it can be applied to ICT which I studied at college (amazing eh? I went to college). It can be applied to Brexit and in fact its already spiralled out of control now and in full flow.

Here is a good quote for you "You could not remove a single grain of sand from its place without thereby changing something throughout all parts of the immeasurable whole.” Fichte, The Vocation of Man (1800)

Put in simple terms that maybe you might understand you have set in motion a process with no plan whatsoever with so many variable consequences it is now impossible to predict where it will all lead and once its triggered probably impossible to stop. Google how many people died from austerity over ten years and why and how they died. That was a process that was much more orderly and planned than Brexit. Brexit will make austerity look like a walk in the park although it will of course lead to more austerity. Austerity and Brexit, two of the four horsemen of the apocalypse for the UK at least, who are the other two? Farage and Doris? Actually not Doris, he is just a power mad bumbling sad little fool who just wants to be loved.

pelmetman - 2019-08-26 7:36 AM

Fast Pat - 2019-08-26 7:15 AM

So Eeyore changed the date before he released it *-) .........

Is he also claiming the doom & gloom document doesn't have his and May's "Remoaner" scaremongering fingerprints all over it? >:-) .............

"Operation Yellowhammer is the codename used by the UK Treasury for cross-government civil contingency planning for the possibility of a no-deal Brexit.[1][2][3] In the event of exit with no-deal, the UK's unilateral departure from the EU would disrupt, for an unknown duration, many aspects of the relationship between the UK and European Union, including financial transfers, movement of people, trade, customs and other regulations.[4] Operation Yellowhammer is intended to mitigate, within the UK, the effects of this disruption,[2] and would be expected to run for approximately three months.[5] It has been developed by the Civil Contingencies Secretariat (CCS), a department of the Cabinet Office responsible for emergency planning.

In early August 2019, after Boris Johnson had become the UK Prime Minister, the Cabinet Office "was not able to confirm" that the Operation Yellowhammer plan remained in place,[6] although a Yellowhammer document from earlier that month was leaked in mid-August."

Barryd999 - 2019-08-26 9:21 AM

The truth is FunnyJohn that you have no idea, none whatsoever just how bad Brexit will effect our country and peoples lives. Worryingly neither does our government it seems. Have you studied Chaos theory? I have as it can be applied to ICT which I studied at college (amazing eh? I went to college). It can be applied to Brexit and in fact its already spiralled out of control now and in full flow.

Here is a good quote for you "You could not remove a single grain of sand from its place without thereby changing something throughout all parts of the immeasurable whole.” Fichte, The Vocation of Man (1800)

Put in simple terms that maybe you might understand you have set in motion a process with no plan whatsoever with so many variable consequences it is now impossible to predict where it will all lead and once its triggered probably impossible to stop. Google how many people died from austerity over ten years and why and how they died. That was a process that was much more orderly and planned than Brexit. Brexit will make austerity look like a walk in the park although it will of course lead to more austerity. Austerity and Brexit, two of the four horsemen of the apocalypse for the UK at least, who are the other two? Farage and Doris? Actually not Doris, he is just a power mad bumbling sad little fool who just wants to be loved.

I can't be bothered responding to any more of this brainless, brainless stupidity.

Don't you think that plans are being made to mitigate a no deal scenario? Don't you think that the government is as we speak beavering away to ensure that none of your whining doomsday scenarios will happen?

Your last description of Boris Johnson sums up your utterly stupid fanaticism and zealotry. A bumbling sad little fool?

Epithets like that prove that it's you who is the sad bumbling fool.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-26 8:21 AM

Yes...chaos....so what happens to the Eu now it’s lost one of its major donors. They can’t balance the books now because they whole creaking institution bleeds the public’s money . Are you seriously suggesting all life as we know it ceases next month. I may have seen you recently ,you must be the guy with the bill board over his shoulders ...saying on the front We’re all doomed....and on the back ...Please kick me I’m an idiot.

John, you are disputing your own absurd interpretation of Barry's post, and not what the post actually says or implies.

Why don't you try actually reading it, and then see if you can come up with something akin to a literate reply?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-08-26 3:01 PM

John, you are disputing your own absurd interpretation of Barry's post, and not what the post actually says or implies.

Why don't you try actually reading it, and then see if you can come up with something akin to a literate reply?

Perhaps you should try reading it again Brian ;-) ..........

As the forums drama Queen did imply people will start dying because of Brexit *-) ..........

Although Barry may be right 8-) .........

As I get the feeling a few Remoaners will explode in 66 days time (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

Brian Kirby - 2019-08-26 3:01 PM

Ok,so I’ve reread it....not sure what else I can say...it’s all a lot of what ifs...maybes...could do’s... well that’s life really.

Brian Kirby - 2019-08-26 4:01 PM

Do you mean this bit of hysteria?

If however it all turns out to be a complete clusterfcuk then I fear "the joke" will be on you except it wont be a joke when peoples lives are ruined, businesses trashed and people start dying as a result.

First, may I suggest that you get a sense of humour and secondly try to work out that I may just be countering his constant dripfeed with a bit of sarcasm.

Didn't someone else say 'drama queen'? I wish I had.

Whilst I’m at it, austerity doesn’t kill anyone. It’s a modern word for cutting back funding so we actually live within our means . I live by austerity all my life, pay back what you borrow, don’t buy what you can’t afford. Don’t you think there wasn’t any austerity during the 2nd WW. People actually lived healthy lives.These days it’s a life choice, they eat crap,don’t exercise and booze to much. No wonder life expectancy is falling.

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-26 4:20 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-08-26 4:01 PM

Do you mean this bit of hysteria?

If however it all turns out to be a complete clusterfcuk then I fear "the joke" will be on you except it wont be a joke when peoples lives are ruined, businesses trashed and people start dying as a result.

First, may I suggest that you get a sense of humour and secondly try to work out that I may just be countering his constant dripfeed with a bit of sarcasm.

Didn't someone else say 'drama queen'? I wish I had.

Brian in my experience has never dealt with humour well ... To Brian if computer says no it says no , end of

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-26 8:34 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-08-26 9:21 AM

I can't be bothered responding to any more of this brainless, brainless stupidity.

Don't you think that plans are being made to mitigate a no deal scenario? Don't you think that the government is as we speak beavering away to ensure that none of your whining doomsday scenarios will happen?

Your last description of Boris Johnson sums up your utterly stupid fanaticism and zealotry. A bumbling sad little fool?

Epithets like that prove that it's you who is the sad bumbling fool.

(lol) I used to think that. I used to think that our government and its departments had lots of super clever calm people ensuring that all was well with our world. Not anymore! So no, I dont believe there is any grand behind the scenes planning and structure going on. The UK is completely winging it now and will fall on its arse as a result with the rest of the world stood around pissing itself laughing.

Archived