Digital camera's

nightrider

knight of the road - 2009-06-04 2:09 PM

My digital camera has a memory card which says 512MB, do they go up to 1000MB? and if they do is 1000MB oneGB?

1GB is near enough 1000MB ( I think it's actually 1024MB)

Cards are available up to at least 16GB.

If you check on Google you can see whats available from different suppliers.

Just check what kind of disk you have: SD , Compactflash etc.

Once you have found your maximum size of card, most are limited to 4GB unless they are using the SDHC standard though some earlier equipment will still read them, try looking on

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=777

cheapest I know of and 100% reliable. They are posted (currently free) from Guernsey in package values under the tax limit requirements and so are VAT free so this means they have a 15% advantage to start and are normally very good value anyway.

Currently 2Gb cards for as little as £2.97 for instance.

Bas

Megabites, gigabites, dogbites and lovebites can all be painful. My reason for asking about the size of SD cards is because I bought a cracking little camera from Aldi, it takes moving pics and still pics.

Small enough to sit in the palm of your hand and it produces crystal clear pics, the bigger capacity SD card means you get a lot more pics and movies. The Panasonic camcorder that I have is a big lump of a thing and is now out of the arc, this little digital camcorder will enhance our trips out, I am the worlds worst when buying electronic gizmo's because I am prone to not reading the instruction book, I now know how to upload and store pics and movies on my comp and also on the vans TV, so a happy man that I am now, now that I know how to use the thing.

Anyone want a Panasonic camcorder, slightly used?

knight of the road - 2009-06-04 8:43 PM

Megabites, gigabites, dogbites and lovebites can all be painful. My reason for asking about the size of SD cards is because I bought a cracking little camera from Aldi, it takes moving pics and still pics.

Small enough to sit in the palm of your hand and it produces crystal clear pics, the bigger capacity SD card means you get a lot more pics and movies. The Panasonic camcorder that I have is a big lump of a thing and is now out of the arc, this little digital camcorder will enhance our trips out, I am the worlds worst when buying electronic gizmo's because I am prone to not reading the instruction book, I now know how to upload and store pics and movies on my comp and also on the vans TV, so a happy man that I am now, now that I know how to use the thing.

If its digital I'll give you a tenner including postage.

D.

davenewell@home - 2009-06-04 9:04 PM

knight of the road - 2009-06-04 8:43 PM

If its digital I'll give you a tenner including postage.

D.

Nah, its not digital, the battery is big enough to start a diesel tractor.

Archived