Diplomats wife kills 19yr old biker

Bulletguy

Just heard this on C4 news.

The wife of a US diplomat who exited a military base on the wrong side of the road, killed a young biker guy after a head on collision. The accident happened on August 27th and she assured police she had no plans to leave UK. In fact her husband was contracted to UK for three years and their children enrolled at school.....but both her and her husband have since scarpered back to the US.

https://www.channel4.com/news/mother-of-crash-victim-urges-american-diplomats-wife-to-return-to-uk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Johnson is getting involved now. Going from his record that's not going to help this poor mother.

Worth reading the comments on the YT clip, some of which are from Americans expressing their shame and disgust. Quite how she can live with her conscience is beyond me.....obviously hasn't got one.

The crowdfunding site for this devastated family has reached it's target of £10,000. in 6 days I'll keep watching as they will probably need further funds as the search for justice goes on. The funds were from all over the world. the page is "Justice 4 Harry"

Funding link here;

https://www.gofundme.com/f/Justice4harry

Not surprised it's exceeded it's goal in such a short time. The couple are getting good media coverage now

Not sure if the media has picked up on this but the latest twist appears to be Mr Sacoolas is not a Diplomat.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/10/jonathan-sacoolas-is-not-and-has-never-been-a-diplomat/

For those of us who have lived near US bases this is common place, the husband was a intelligence officer, they are ten a penny here and certainly not a diplomat, AFAIK she flew out the next day on a military flight.

It's the 'special relationship'.

colin - 2019-10-09 10:22 PM

For those of us who have lived near US bases this is common place, the husband was a intelligence officer, they are ten a penny here and certainly not a diplomat, AFAIK she flew out the next day on a military flight.

It's the 'special relationship'.

Yeah.....that only works one way. Theirs. When a Georgian diplomat committed the same offence in the US and fled, US demanded his return and Georgia sent him back.

How Sacoolas can live with this on her conscience i've no idea. Turns out she's got traffic offences for driving without due care in her own damn country.

The meeting with Raab didn't go well so he's following in Johnsons footsteps as a useless Foreign Sec.

jumpstart - 2019-10-10 7:37 AM

Trump has made comments about this, he explains that we drive on the other (wrong) side of the road...things happen....so not her fault.

Jeesaz! Its true an all! https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-harry-dunn-anne-sacoolas-car-crash-us-diplomat-uk-a9149746.html

Not only that but to make it even worse for this poor family they sent Dominic Raab to talk to them. Nobody should have to suffer that.

Does anyone know what actually happened?

Trump has made comments about this, he explains that we drive on the other (wrong) side of the road...things happen....so not her fault.

She was driving on the wrong side of the road so is entirely at fault. Trumps remarks are typically flippant and dismissive.....quite insulting really.

At least it's encouraging to see some decent Americans angered by the action of Sacoolas.

Barryd999 - 2019-10-10 8:00 AM

Jeesaz! Its true an all! https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-harry-dunn-anne-sacoolas-car-crash-us-diplomat-uk-a9149746.html

Not only that but to make it even worse for this poor family they sent Dominic Raab to talk to them. Nobody should have to suffer that.

Does anyone know what actually happened?

Addressing how she felt after the meeting with Mr Raab on Wednesday, Ms Charles said: "We found it quite patronising, if I'm totally honest.

"Myself and my husband were split up - Harry's dad Tim and his wife Tracey, we were all told where to sit.

"Our family spokesperson... was shut down by Dominic Raab when he tried to talk on our behalf when he could see that we struggling with our emotions.

"We asked him to try and communicate with Anne Sacoolas directly, he said that he had had a message back from her... and that she was in some way shape or form upset.

"I can't remember the words but they certainly weren't strong enough to show any real remorse."

Ms Charles continued: "You would hope, being a UK citizen, that they would be the ones to help us as much as possible.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/harry-dunns-mother-not-happy-about-donald-trumps-comments-a4258156.html

I haven't posted yet because I have mixed feelings about this.

I believe Britain being the odd one out by driving on the left has led to many people inadvertently driving on the wrong side of the road.

Many have got away with it because they were lucky not to have hit anything.

Even if this diplomats wife gets away without being prosecuted she will pay a higher price than them

John52 - 2019-10-11 12:05 PM

I believe Britain being the odd one out by driving on the left has led to many people inadvertently driving on the wrong side of the road.

Even if this diplomats wife gets away without being prosecuted she will pay a higher price than them

Though the majority of countries drive on the right there are a surprising number which drive on the left.

https://www.rhinocarhire.com/Car-Hire-Blog/August-2009/Which-Countries-Drive-on-the-Left,--a-Handy-Guide.aspx

Sacoolas committed a serious road traffic offence which killed this young lad, then fled back to the US under her husbands *alleged* diplomatic immunity (he isn't listed as a diplomat). If she had any moral backbone she'd return, face police questioning, and at least give Harry Dunns family closure.

A diplomat to the US from Georgia who did exactly the same, US demanded his return and Georgia sent him back to face the consequences.

Bulletguy - 2019-10-11 1:54 PM

Though the majority of countries drive on the right there are a surprising number which drive on the left.

https://www.rhinocarhire.com/Car-Hire-Blog/August-2009/Which-Countries-Drive-on-the-Left,--a-Handy-Guide.aspx

Sacoolas committed a serious road traffic offence which killed this young lad, then fled back to the US under her husbands *alleged* diplomatic immunity (he isn't listed as a diplomat). If she had any moral backbone she'd return, face police questioning, and at least give Harry Dunns family closure.

A diplomat to the US from Georgia who did exactly the same, US demanded his return and Georgia sent him back to face the consequences.

Agreed Yes. Thats one side of it. But another side is that many, probably most, people who inadvertantly drive on the wrong side of the road, are as guilty as she is. But they get away with it because they are lucky enough not to have hit anything.

Maybe penalties should be decided on the degree of blame rather than the consequences? But then for example you would have everyone who swings a punch (even in self-defence?) facing the same as a murder charge - like someone whose victim falls, hits his head on the kerb, and dies?

jumpstart - 2019-10-12 7:25 AM

As Julian Assange is sitting in jail waiting to be sent to the US , however much I dislike the guy,it would be good if Uk refused to send him.

The Government sees its first duty as defending the Government, which involves the military and the US helps them with that. But also this UK Government sucks up to the US because they are very right wing, and shuns our EU neighbours because they are not. So their shunning our EU neighbours is making us more even more dependant on the US and its bullying, unstable President. :-(

As we have become accustomed to from BoJo, this has been handled extremely badly. Last week the family were invited to a meeting at the foreign office, which they described as a publicity stunt.

THEN ONLY TODAY WE FIND OUT THE ACCUSED DOES NOT HAVE DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY!!!!

John52 - 2019-10-12 7:25 AM

Agreed Yes. Thats one side of it. But another side is that many, probably most, people who inadvertantly drive on the wrong side of the road, are as guilty as she is. But they get away with it because they are lucky enough not to have hit anything.

Maybe penalties should be decided on the degree of blame rather than the consequences? But then for example you would have everyone who swings a punch (even in self-defence?) facing the same as a murder charge - like someone whose victim falls, hits his head on the kerb, and dies?

How ridiculous you sound making excuses for someone who apparently committed a fatal traffic accident.

Is it ok for people to inadvertently shoot someone. Is it ok if planes at Heathrow land on the wrong runway and hit other planes. DOAH.

jumpstart - 2019-10-13 9:20 AM

John52 - 2019-10-12 7:25 AM

How ridiculous you sound making excuses .

What I am suggesting is that others who have done the same thing are as guilty, (whether they hit anything or not)

Saying they are all as guilty is not making excuses for them.

Parents of Harry Dunn have flown out to US after the authorities declared Mrs Sacoolas immunity to be "irrelevant" and the Foreign Office said she no longer has immunity. "The US have now informed us that they too consider that immunity is no longer pertinent."

Northamptonshire Police said it was liaising with the Foreign Office and International Crime Co-ordination Centre about what to do next.

In a statement, it said it was "absolutely committed" to achieving justice for the teenager and his family.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-50033744

• 3 months later...

Victims of Jeffrey Epstein are asking why we are asking for Anne Sacoolas when Prince Andrew, Duke of York, KG, GCVO, CD, ADC(P) is giving them 'no help whatsoever' - after helping Epstein by giving him 'respectability' and opening doors for him.

We can't bring Anne Sacoolas victim back, so extraditing her would be of no practical benefit.

Wheras Prince Andrew could help the investigation to find other paedophiles and traffickers, who may still be committing offences.

Archived