Dirty Tricks - How can that help the Tories?

StuartO

It was expected to turn out to be Boris the Menace versus Mr Bean (I.e. Gove) but after some alleged payback skullduggery by Boris’s camp, it’s going to be Boris versus Theresa May Mark 2. The papers this morning are full of conspiracy theory stuff. There’s also a story about a new MPs’ expenses scandal and I don’t expect that to involve only non-Tories.

The Conservatives always seem to screw up periods in government by shaming themselves as manipulative crooks in one way or another and it’s difficult to see how choosing Boris could be seen as picking a thoroughly untrustworthy comedy act to be Prime Minister, so this will presumably be their last fling at this period in charge. Boris is a serial adulterer and has a track record of lying (and not just making fanciful political claims) and being untrustworthy, as well as a poor track record in the role of Foreign Secretary, which is the only real test of a responsible ministerial role he’s ever had. How can being entertaining compensate for all that?

I’m a centrist floating voter but I’ve voted Conservative more often than otherwise as I’ve got older - but I really cannot see myself voting for a Boris-led party in the next general election. I just cannot see how Boris could be regarded as a good general election bet, even if they do think Theresa May had become an election liability. I can’t see myself voting for Labour led by Jeremy Corbin either of course and I’ve never see the Liberals as worthy of government, so what alternatives are there going to be?

And I’m certainly not convinced that Boris will be able to deliver Brexit before a general election or another referendum, so that should be the kiss of death to the Tories anyway. Ann Widicome is entertaining too and she has a track record of being honest too, so perhaps she’ll be seen as a safe enough pair of hands to allow us to give Nigel Farage a try in a coalition government.

I found myself agreeing with most of what you said until you got onto the Mad old Cat lady Widicombe. Im not even sure she should be left in charge of cats even.

As for the Libdems well with any luck any decent MP from Labour or the Tories will end up there before long and they will become a real force to be reckoned with. The Brexit Party are not even a proper party but a limited company with no manifesto whatsoever. None of them should be let anywhere near any kind of political power IMO.

StuartO - 2019-06-21 11:39 AM

Ann Widicome is entertaining too and she has a track record of being honest too, so perhaps she’ll be seen as a safe enough pair of hands to allow us to give Nigel Farage a try in a coalition government.

She also believes "science could prove the answer to being gay". Gay conversion therapy is not something anyone should be supporting as it took UK long enough to drag itself into the 21st century without now going backwards.

Bulletguy - 2019-06-21 6:43 PM

Ann Widicome is entertaining too and she has a track record of being honest too, so perhaps she’ll be seen as a safe enough pair of hands to allow us to give Nigel Farage a try in a coalition government.

She also believes "science could prove the answer to being gay". Gay conversion therapy is not something anyone should be supporting as it took UK long enough to drag itself into the 21st century without now going backwards.

Maybe stoning gays to death or throwing em off buildings is a little less controversial than Miss Widdicombe saying her piece in your offended book ... Im looking for the numbers of homosexuals killed by Miss Widdecombes proposal against those thrown off buildings and stoned etc and I gotta say I dont think Miss Widdecombes has claimed 1 life ... You lead a lonely life fella

Guest pelmetman

I’m a centrist floating voter but I’ve voted Conservative more often than otherwise as I’ve got older -

I was once ;-) .........

These day's fence sitting is no longer a option if you care about your country :-| .......

pelmetman - 2019-06-21 9:19 PM

I’m a centrist floating voter but I’ve voted Conservative more often than otherwise as I’ve got older -

I was once ;-) .........

These day's fence sitting is no longer a option if you care about your country :-| .......

I think that was Stuart's point, wasn't it?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-06-28 5:29 PM

pelmetman - 2019-06-21 9:19 PM

I was once ;-) .........

I think that was Stuart's point, wasn't it?

How is that relevant to my post Brian? :-S ..........

I've chosen my side just as 52% of the country has ;-) ...........and it's not yours :D ........

Perhaps its high time your lot accepted the new reality *-) ........

Just sayin :-| ........

pelmetman - 2019-06-28 5:35 PM...……………………………..I've chosen my side just as 52% of the country has ;-) ...........and it's not yours :D ........

Perhaps its high time your lot accepted the new reality *-) ........Just sayin :-| ........

52% of the country did not so choose. 52% of voters did.

72% of the electorate voted, 28 % did not. Electorate = approx 47 million. 47 million x 28% = 13 million.

How big was the majority for leave? 1.3 million. So about 10% of those who didn't vote.

The reason you keep over-claiming is the same as the reason the fearful whistle in the dark.

Had 52 % of the electorate voted leave (about 24 million) you might (just) be able to claim that 52% of the country voted leave. So, you're about 7 million sandwiches short of a picnic!

How many need to vote remain to reverse the outcome? No wonder you keep whistling :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-06-28 6:48 PM

pelmetman - 2019-06-28 5:35 PM...……………………………..I've chosen my side just as 52% of the country has ;-) ...........and it's not yours :D ........

Perhaps its high time your lot accepted the new reality *-) ........Just sayin :-| ........

72% of the electorate voted, 28 % did not. Electorate = approx 47 million. 47 million x 28% = 13 million.

How big was the majority for leave? 1.3 million. So about 10% of those who didn't vote.

The reason you keep over-claiming is the same as the reason the fearful whistle in the dark.

Had 52 % of the electorate voted leave (about 24 million) you might (just) be able to claim that 52% of the country voted leave. So, you're about 7 million sandwiches short of a picnic!

How many need to vote remain to reverse the outcome? No wonder you keep whistling :-D

More BK waffle *-) .........

If your so called imaginary voter could not be bothered to get off their a*se to vote in 2016 what makes you think they're even more capable of putting an "X" in a box now? :-S ........

Seeing as the polls are currently showing an appetite for leaving rather than staying >:-) ......

Just sayin ;-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-06-28 6:59 PM

If your so called imaginary voter could not be bothered to get off their a*se to vote in 2016 what makes you think they're even more capable of putting an "X" in a box now? :-S ........

Seeing as the polls are currently showing an appetite for leaving rather than staying >:-) ......

Just sayin ;-) .......

No they aren't. You found one poll with dubious data with way too many questions that showed a majority for leave but in the past three years ive shown you time and time again polls steadily showing an increasing albeit slowly majority for remain in a straight forward in vs out vote and you just dismiss them all.

Your still too scared to back a vote on the "actual" options available though aren't you? Probably because the same voters in that poll you are so keen on promoting that wanted a soft Brexit in a no deal vs remain poll a lot of them would choose remain over no deal. Only one way to find out.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-06-28 8:53 PM

Just sayin ;-) .......

No they aren't. You found one poll with dubious data with way too many questions that showed a majority for leave but in the past three years ive shown you time and time again polls steadily showing an increasing albeit slowly majority for remain in a straight forward in vs out vote and you just dismiss them all.

Your still too scared to back a vote on the "actual" options available though aren't you? Probably because the same voters in that poll you are so keen on promoting that wanted a soft Brexit in a no deal vs remain poll a lot of them would choose remain over no deal. Only one way to find out.

Oh yes they are :D ..........If "your" reconstituted polls were worth a hill of beans dontcha think we would have had another referendum by now? ;-) .........

It's high time you Losers stopped deluding yourselves *-) ..........

Just sayin >:-) ........

Just sayin ;-) .......

Except it's not…what Brian stated is fact. 37% is of the electorate is the actual figure that voted Leave…..not 52%. I believe Brian pointed this out to you before but you seem to have forgotten about it.

Your second conclusion is also wrong. At the time there were more people not on the electoral register than voted for either campaign, and the non-voters are only marginally smaller than either campaign's share of the vote. Also, Britons who had lived outside UK for 15 years or more were not eligible so simply dismissing the non-voters as "should have got off their ass" is another sweeping generalisation which isn't entirely correct.

However since then, some of those unable to vote in 2016 have become eligible. Given you're convinced the outcome would still go to Leave if a peoples vote was called, you'd have nothing to fear….unless as Brian aptly put it, you prefer to carry on 'whistling in the dark'.

pelmetman - 2019-06-28 9:03 PM

Just sayin ;-) .......

Oh yes they are :D ..........If "your" reconstituted polls were worth a hill of beans dontcha think we would have had another referendum by now? ;-) .........

So all the Yougov polls including the three year tracker can be dismissed but your one "dubious" poll you think is in your favour is the only one that is right? Brexiteer logic for you I guess.

We have not had a referendum because just in case you havent noticed the party in Government are doing their best to avoid one!

Its still very possible of course their hand will be forced although it seems more likely the referendum will come via a general election and as long as Corbyn continues to stand on any kind of Brexit platform there is a very real chance the Libdems might swing it.

https://tinyurl.com/y5fospbd

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-28 9:18 PM

Except it's not…what Brian stated is fact. 37% is of the electorate is the actual figure that voted Leave…..not 52%. I believe Brian pointed this out to you before but you seem to have forgotten about it.

So its also a fact that less than 37% voted to Remain :D ..........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-06-28 9:38 PM

pelmetman - 2019-06-28 9:03 PM

Just sayin ;-) .......

So all the Yougov polls including the three year tracker can be dismissed but your one "dubious" poll you think is in your favour is the only one that is right? Brexiteer logic for you I guess.

We have not had a referendum because just in case you havent noticed the party in Government are doing their best to avoid one!

Its still very possible of course their hand will be forced although it seems more likely the referendum will come via a general election and as long as Corbyn continues to stand on any kind of Brexit platform there is a very real chance the Libdems might swing it.

https://tinyurl.com/y5fospbd

I agree........ with Labour now being a Communist party the Lib Dems prolly will get back to their rightful place in politics........

SECOND PLACE :D .........

pelmetman - 2019-06-28 9:43 PM

So you finally understand that 37% of the electorate voted Leave and not 52% as you've continually used to 'whistle in the dark' as Brian put it? You've ignored the second and third paras in that post which are important points for you to consider.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-28 9:52 PM

So you finally understand that 37% of the electorate voted Leave and not 52% as you've continually used to 'whistle in the dark' as Brian put it? You've ignored the second and third paras in that post which are important points for you to consider.

So DO YOU and Brian finally understand that EVEN ***LESS*** VOTED TO REMAIN???? *-) ......

pelmetman - 2019-06-28 9:56 PM

So DO YOU and Brian finally understand that EVEN ***LESS*** VOTED TO REMAIN???? *-) .....

3.78% less if you want a precise figure. I see you've finally accepted that 37% now then....that's good.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-28 10:07 PM

So DO YOU and Brian finally understand that EVEN ***LESS*** VOTED TO REMAIN???? *-) .....

3.78% less if you want a precise figure. I see you've finally accepted that 37% now then....that's good.

So after 3 years you've finally accepted YOU LOST.......that's very good :D .......

pelmetman - 2019-06-28 10:14 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-06-28 10:07 PM

So after 3 years you've finally accepted YOU LOST.......that's very good :D .......

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Barryd999 - 2019-06-29 3:38 PM

Yeah yeah, wake me up when someone actually "wins" something please.

Judging by what we have heard in the last three years that will be absolutely nobody. Except maybe Jacob reek smug, a few hedge fund parasites and the good ole USA.

Now now Barry, their "win" is all that matters to them. They didn't know what to do with it though except make a total hash of everything, trash the economy, throw thousands of folk out of work, stand by grinning as companies and businesses relocated to where they could continue to function......all of which is costing us more than double per week than our total EU budget cost. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-29 5:17 PM

Judging by what we have heard in the last three years that will be absolutely nobody. Except maybe Jacob reek smug, a few hedge fund parasites and the good ole USA.

Now now Barry, their "win" is all that matters to them. They didn't know what to do with it though except make a total hash of everything, trash the economy, throw thousands of folk out of work, stand by grinning as companies and businesses relocated to where they could continue to function......all of which is costing us more than double per week than our total EU budget cost. *-)

Now now Bullet........If you Remoaners hadn't of had such a hissy fit we'd of left a year ago with a much better deal *-) ...........

The EU screwed us because you Remoaners gave them the impression we WOULD change our minds >:-) ..........

When it came to it even you Remoaners couldn't stomach the deal they offered...........So you lot have made our leaving the EU much worse for guess who......the.....EU (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Well done Dumb Dumb & Co :D ........

pelmetman - 2019-06-29 8:34 PM

Now now Bullet........If you Remoaners hadn't of had such a hissy fit we'd of left a year ago with a much better deal *-) ...........

The EU screwed us because you Remoaners gave them the impression we WOULD change our minds >:-) ..........

When it came to it even you Remoaners couldn't stomach the deal they offered...........So you lot have made our leaving the EU much worse for guess who......the.....EU (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Get over yourself constantly whining woe is me and pulling the blame card every time. You were sold a pup, believed trade agreements would be "the easiest in history", and everything sorted out in an afternoon. You constantly witter on about "Brexit means Brexit", the most nonsensical drivel of a soundbite i've yet heard, and believe "its the will of the people"........so much so, you don't want those people to vote on what they all now know, yet parrot about 'democracy'. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-29 9:48 PM

pelmetman - 2019-06-29 8:34 PM

Get over yourself constantly whining woe is me and pulling the blame card every time. You were sold a pup, believed trade agreements would be "the easiest in history", and everything sorted out in an afternoon. You constantly witter on about "Brexit means Brexit", the most nonsensical drivel of a soundbite i've yet heard, and believe "its the will of the people"........so much so, you don't want those people to vote on what they all now know, yet parrot about 'democracy'. *-)

We haven't left yet ;-) ........

So how do you know they wont be easy? :-| ........

Seeing as the Majority of the rest of the world seems to be able to get them? :D .........

Mind you they prolly didn't have a bunch of UK back stabbing Remaoners at the negotiation table at the same time like we did with the EU *-) ........

Archived