Does Boris have a Cunning Plan?

StuartO

So Boris has built his team of reliable followers, strutted his stuff against the wimpish Corbyn in Parliament, and they have now shut up shop for a few weeks. Meanwhile Boris puts preparations for a no deal exit into top gear with Michael Gove on the job; it's the sort of thing that Gove is quite good at doing, so we should expect real progress.

But Boris still faces the unfavourable arithmatic in Parliament, which threatens to block a no deal Brexit. Boris either has to change by pursuasion (which seems unlikely to succeed) or pull some sort of clever stroke to prevent Parliament being obstructive. He seems to have already got the EU bigwigs taking the possibility of a no deal Brexit on (or before) October 31st seriously.

I would think Boris has got some clever wheeze up his sleeve to get past the parliametary arithmetic. Did you notice that Boris quietly mentioned the possibility of leaving the EU before October 31st? Maybe Boris, using Gove, will get our Country as prepared as possible for no deal and then jump the gun with an exit from the EU before Halloween, before the House of Commons can organise itself to prevent the early exit from happening. These are interesting times.

I am planning to head for France and beyond in the MH on early September with the idea of crossing with the dogs while we're still in the EU. Maybe I'll be too late!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
StuartO - 2019-07-26 8:52 AM

I would think Boris has got some clever wheeze up his sleeve to get past the parliametary arithmetic. Did you notice that Boris quietly mentioned the possibility of leaving the EU before October 31st? Maybe Boris, using Gove, will get our Country as prepared as possible for no deal and then jump the gun with an exit from the EU before Halloween, before the House of Commons can organise itself to prevent the early exit from happening. These are interesting times.

The Loser brigade only have one option to stop Brexit now ;-) ...........

Which is force a GE via a vote of no confidence :D ..........

It'll be interesting to see whether the likes of Doomanic Grieve & Co would rather risk Brexit or risk a Corbyn government 8-) ........

My guess is all eyes will be on the polls to see which way the electorate are swinging :-> ..........

Currently no ones budging B-) .........

StuartO - 2019-07-26 8:52 AM

He seems to have already got the EU bigwigs taking the possibility of a no deal Brexit on (or before) October 31st seriously.

Obviously yes because they have prepared for no-deal.

Unfortunately we haven't.

So if we leave without a deal, one of Boris's pooper scoopers will be desperately trying to make a deal straight afterwards when the lorries are piling up in Dover. And it will certainly be a worse deal than we could have got as an EU member :-S

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-07-26 12:12 PM

And to answer the thread title Yes - Boris has a cunning plan to become PM - and its worked >:-)

As for Brexit I doubt if he cares - his pooper scoopers will have to sort that mess out.

More Doom & Gloom from our resident Losers :D ..........

It cheers me up no end knowing how p*ssed off you lot are (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

P1010899.JPG.20524d06e6ed1310cac80724750aac44.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-07-26 12:32 PM

And to answer the thread title Yes - Boris has a cunning plan to become PM - and its worked >:-)

As for Brexit I doubt if he cares - his pooper scoopers will have to sort that mess out.

It cheers me up no end knowing how p*ssed off you lot are (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

So like the Bozo, this is your way of "uniting" eh? Good to know.

Funny isn't it......little over a year back you opened a thread "Would you really want Boris as PM?" with the opening line, "Looks like he'd sell his Granny if there was a buyer."

Now you're bowing before him......just as you did with your "Sainted" Theresa. Fickle would be an understatement. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-07-26 5:07 PM

pelmetman - 2019-07-26 12:32 PM

So like the Bozo, this is your way of "uniting" eh? Good to know.

Funny isn't it......little over a year back you opened a thread "Would you really want Boris as PM?" with the opening line, "Looks like he'd sell his Granny if there was a buyer."

Now you're bowing before him......just as you did with your "Sainted" Theresa. Fickle would be an understatement. *-)

Just goes to show I can change my mind ;-) ..........

Unlike you Communist/Labour lemmings >:-) .........

P1010899.JPG.8f37ce6f529963f973d4c5b50168f592.JPG

His plan may, or may not, be cunning: the question is - will it work? One impediment is the parliamentary arithmetic, but the other, and I think much more serious, problem, is the Irish border. That is his real Gordian Knot, and it is not solvable with, or without, a deal. He is no closer to unravelling it in a way that will satisfy both the Brexiters and the EU than the average five year old, and seemingly insufficiently imaginative to see what may well follow if we do as he threatens, and crash out.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-07-26 6:20 PM

His plan may, or may not, be cunning: the question is - will it work? One impediment is the parliamentary arithmetic, but the other, and I think much more serious, problem, is the Irish border. That is his real Gordian Knot, and it is not solvable with, or without, a deal. He is no closer to unravelling it in a way that will satisfy both the Brexiters and the EU than the average five year old, and seemingly insufficiently imaginative to see what may well follow if we do as he threatens, and crash out.

There's bog all Gordian about the Irish border *-) .........

The EU has just used it as a excuse to try to stop Brexit ;-) ........

Which is why their major concern is unchecked imports........ not terrorism *-) .......

Shallow greedy two faced B*STARDS >:-( ........

pelmetman - 2019-07-26 6:26 PM

Which is why their major concern is unchecked imports........ not terrorism *-) .......

The EU does not want the US chlorinated chicken and all the other crap that will be foisted on us, getting in to the EU.

So understandably they want a border.

Whats your solution *-)

Oh and remember the DUP have had our £billions to buy their Tory votes, but they keep increasing the ransom as blackmailers do. So any Irish border has to satisfy them, because the Government caves in every time they increase their ransom demands and threaten to stop voting Tory.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-07-26 6:54 PM

The EU does not want the US chlorinated chicken and all the other crap that will be foisted on us, getting in to the EU.

Whats your solution *-)

Tell the Irish not to import it >:-) ..........

P1010899.JPG.2dd08025ae70c67bfeb0a5b2255708c9.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-07-26 6:56 PM

Whats your solution *-)

So thats the Mad Hatter's Cunning Plan

Tell criminals not to commit crime *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-07-27 8:33 AM

pelmetman - 2019-07-26 6:56 PM

Whats your solution *-)

So thats the Mad Hatter's Cunning Plan

Tell criminals not to commit crime *-)

Where as folk like you and Corbyn prefer to take the side of Criminals and Terrorists *-) ..........

So, in the absence of border checks, how do the UK/EU control who passes in either direction through that border, and how do we/they control smuggling (goods or people)?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-07-27 12:21 PM

So, in the absence of border checks, how do the UK/EU control who passes in either direction through that border, and how do we/they control smuggling (goods or people)?

Simples.......they carry out spot checks on the ferries from NI to the UK ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-07-27 1:09 PM

Simples.......they carry out spot checks on the ferries from NI to the UK ;-) ..........

Not so simple!

1 Plus the airports.

2 That require a border in the Irish Sea. That, in turn, implies reunification of Ireland. Who's going to accept that?

3 Northern Ireland is currently part of the UK.

4 What about smuggling across the border's 260 or so road crossings?

Brian Kirby - 2019-07-27 3:09 PM

Not so simple!

2 That require a border in the Irish Sea.

Who's going to accept that?

Dave would -

- although , as the DUP have already turned the idea down, I doubt if it will happen.

:-|

Guest pelmetman

Not so simple!

1 Plus the airports.

2 That require a border in the Irish Sea. That, in turn, implies reunification of Ireland. Who's going to accept that?

1 Airports already have border control.

2 Not a all the border can stay where it is.......checking lorries whilst they're on the ferries is a useful pinch point for checking for contraband goods and asylum seekers.

3 yep

4 What about them? Did we have border guards on all of them during the troubles? ;-)

So like I said simples :D ...........

pelmetman - 2019-07-27 3:36 PM

Not so simple!

1 Plus the airports.

1 Airports already have border control.

2 Not a all the border can stay where it is.......checking lorries whilst they're on the ferries is a useful pinch point for checking for contraband goods and asylum seekers.

3 yep

4 What about them? Did we have border guards on all of them during the troubles? ;-)

So like I said simples :D ...........

1 Not on internal flights within the UK. As 3, NI is in UK, so no checks required.

2 But now you're requiring all vehicles and passengers to be checked either side of the Irish sea. No DUP, no majority, no Boris, no Brexit! Suits me, but I'm surprised you'd choose a "solution" that torpedoes Brexit! No Brexit, no border problem: Simples!

3 But not if the border is moved to lie between it and the UK. What, we put the UK/EU border down the Irish sea, and then pretend Northern Ireland is part of the UK? Your DUP mates will walk out on you, and probably start joining the UVF or the UDA!

4 No, but then that border has never been a UK/EU border. In fact, it's never been a proper border at all. Post Brexit it will have to be. Where there were no border posts, the roads were closed at the border. The Belfast Agreement says no border installations. So what then? More unicorns?

....checking lorries whilst they're on the ferries is a useful pinch point for checking for contraband goods and asylum seekers........

Just to add to Brian's reasons why it wouldn't work;

Drivers are not allowed on the vehicle decks during the voyage for reasons that are obvious to anyone with a brain cell . But you are not only going to allow that but have them offloading lorries to check the goods as well. *-)

Oh and what of the ferries between the EU and Eire *-)

If you were in charge we might need to employ even more pooper scoopers than we need for Boris :D

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-07-27 8:06 PM

....checking lorries whilst they're on the ferries is a useful pinch point for checking for contraband goods and asylum seekers........

Just to add to Brian's reasons why it wouldn't work;

Drivers are not allowed on the vehicle decks during the voyage for reasons that are obvious to anyone with a brain cell . But you are not only going to allow that but have them offloading lorries to check the goods as well. *-)

Oh and what of the ferries between the EU and Eire *-)

If you were in charge we might need to employ even more pooper scoopers than we need for Boris :D

Why do the drivers need to be on the car deck? *-) ..........

They just need to leave their trailers unlocked so Custom staff can carry out random checks as they do for goods coming from everywhere else in the world ;-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-07-27 5:15 PM

Where there were no border posts, the roads were closed at the border.

That must be why the IRA weren't (Ironic) able smuggle bombs and weapons into NI *-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-07-28 8:54 AM

They just need to leave their trailers unlocked so Custom staff can carry out random checks as they do for goods coming from everywhere else in the world ;-) .........

Containers, probably refrigerated, are packed floor to ceiling with goods. Tankers with hidden compartments. Vehicles are parked so close together they can't even open the doors. Let alone move them on to a loading ramp where they can unload them to check the goods inside and look for hidden compartments in the trailer or tank.

Whats the use of any check when smugglers know all they can do is open the back door enough to peek inside *-)

Archived