Dometic fridge question

Guest TC01

My fridge door has three deep shelves in it for carrying bottles, jars, cans etc. it also has a small compartment for dairy produce. Within the fridge at the top there is an ice box for frozen foods and at the bottom there is a deep plastic tray for carrying vegetables, this has a perspex cover/shelf over it, spaced at approximately 1/3 and 2/3s of the way up there are two wire shelves. My question is: which of the wire shelves is the correct one for storing bacon on.

Strictly speaking all uncooked meat should go on the bottom shelf so that any leaking juices will not contaminate other food carried therein! But if your bacon is hermetically sealed (like straight from the supermarket) then until you open it put it where it is convenient.

another point - cold air falls, so the temperature at the bottom of the fridge should be lower than up top!

hope this helps

Carol

Mike Chapman - 2006-12-13 3:42 PM

Touching Pig is also forbidden in the Muslim religion where it is considered to be unclean which is why TC01 and his bacon filled fridge would not be welcome in the middle east.

Mike.

If I was TC01 (which I'm not BTW) I would be getting paranoid and start thinking nobody liked me.

I'll have it!!! I love bacon, all nice and crispy and in a white bread cake - with a nice big cuppa tea ... yummy!

I feel really sorry for vegetarians and vegans ... couldn't be one I'm afraid, like my meat too much.

Off subject, but how come some vegetarians are happy to eat fish etc? It was once a living creature so surely should be avoided? :-S

Guest Frank Wilkinson
Mel B - 2006-12-15 10:47 PM I thought vegans didn't eat any animals, fish etc or their products, ie milk, cheese, butter etc. Vegetarians do eat animal products, milk etc but not cheese containing animal rennet ... or have I got it totally wrong? Mel *-)

The son of an old friend is a vegan and has been for years. He will not eat or wear anything containing animal products. That means no wool blankets, leather shoes or milk products of any kind.

Some years ago my friend had a holiday in Thailand and bought his son a couple of silk shirts as a present. The lad refused to accept them and pointed out how many silkworms had died to make the shirts.

Each to his own but I can't think of a more difficult or restrictive lifestyle!

Archived