Dominic Grieve on no deal

Bulletguy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2019-08-07 8:24 AM

Unlike Boris and most if his cabinet though Dominic is extremely clever. A political and legal genius one might say.

That much of a legal genius he cant legally stop Brexit and that much of a political genius if he stands as a Tory next election he'll more than likely lose ... Fellas a genius

Birdbrain - 2019-08-07 8:33 AM

Unlike Boris and most if his cabinet though Dominic is extremely clever. A political and legal genius one might say.

That much of a legal genius he cant legally stop Brexit and that much of a political genius if he stands as a Tory next election he'll more than likely lose ... Fellas a genius

He is though, just look at his history and record. A sensible Tory, it's like the rest of them have been infected with some kind of headbanger virus and like some on here all they care about is getting Brexit over the line no matter what the consequences. They will pay for that for decades probably. Just look how many voters have gone to the LibDems and a fair few Tory mp's jumped also. Who is going to get a majority now. When it became clear no deal was possible the fair and democratic thing to do would have been to have apologised to the public for failing to secure a deal and offered them the chance to vote on if they still wanted to proceed without one. Roughly 70% of the electorate are either remainers or do not back no deal. Good luck squaring that one when the economy tanks and peoples lives are ruined.

If I were Dominic now though I would just let them get on with it now. Do or die Boris said. If he sticks to that however much they try to wriggle out of it the buck stops with them and the Brexiteers.

Dominic Grieve is a man of great integrity and he will not be silenced regardless of the personal consequences. His constituents, who really ought to know that he knows more than they know, should listen to him and not political opportunists who seek only self-aggrandisement.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-07 10:07 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-08-07 8:33 AM

He is though, just look at his history and record. A sensible Tory, it's like the rest of them have been infected with some kind of headbanger virus and like some on here all they care about is getting Brexit over the line no matter what the consequences. They will pay for that for decades probably. Just look how many voters have gone to the LibDems and a fair few Tory mp's jumped also. Who is going to get a majority now. When it became clear no deal was possible the fair and democratic thing to do would have been to have apologised to the public for failing to secure a deal and offered them the chance to vote on if they still wanted to proceed without one. Roughly 70% of the electorate are either remainers or do not back no deal. Good luck squaring that one when the economy tanks and peoples lives are ruined.

If I were Dominic now though I would just let them get on with it now. Do or die Boris said. If he sticks to that however much they try to wriggle out of it the buck stops with them and the Brexiteers.

Well back up your claim ... Educate me and show me the Grieves way ... Lets have some examples of his political genius please

Violet1956 - 2019-08-07 12:26 PM

Dominic Grieve is a man of great integrity and he will not be silenced regardless of the personal consequences. His constituents, who really ought to know that he knows more than they know, should listen to him and not political opportunists who seek only self-aggrandisement.

A "man of great integrity" ... I seem to recall him being brave enough to make a comment many of us know to be true in this country about parts of our Pakistani community that corruption is endemic in it only for him to melt to the PC brigade days later and apologise for something he believes in ... "Man of great integrity" you say ... That is funny

Unlike Boris and most if his cabinet though Dominic is extremely clever. A political and legal genius onmight say.

Graduated from Oxford and a barrister for 39 years.....i reckon he knows a fair bit about law.. ;-)

Violet1956 - 2019-08-07 1:36 PM

So do you have a link or what? Flippin 'eck you purported to have information that undermines my view of Dominic Grieve and now you expect me to search for it. C'mon Antony it's your call.

You don't normally have problems searching for info lovey

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/politicians-must-wake-up-to-corruption-in-pakistani-and-ethnic-minority-communities-says-attorney-8959132.html and the gutless apology https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25072685 ... Cant believe the haters would admire a man who obviously believes such things

Violet1956 - 2019-08-07 2:15 PM

And where in any of these reports is it indicated that Dominic has no integrity?

Oh Lordy ... Are you for real and youve now dropped the "great integrity" bit to just "integrity" I see ... If he had "great integrity" he wouldnt have caved in and apologised for what he believes in would he , that my dear would have been the mark of someone with "great integrity"

Bulletguy - 2019-08-07 1:40 PM

Unlike Boris and most if his cabinet though Dominic is extremely clever. A political and legal genius onmight say.

Graduated from Oxford and a barrister for 39 years.....i reckon he knows a fair bit about law.. ;-)

Exactly. Perhaps the most experienced and best legal mind in the house. Boris (I think) will try and set him and the others that share his view up for a fall though. Boris (I think again) is deliberately playing all hard core hard Brexit do or die even though he is not at all a true Brexiteer, let alone a hard Brexit headbanger. He isn't stupid despite the buffoon image. What he will do though is go so hard Brexit bonkers he will depend on people like Dominic to stop him. Boris wants to be stopped! That way he can go down as being the chest thumping proper brexiteer who was foiled at the last minute by those treacherous remoaners.

Part of me hopes they just don't bother and let him take us over the cliff as that will be the end of Boris and the Tories for most of our lifetimes.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-07 2:57 PM

Exactly. Perhaps the most experienced and best legal mind in the house. Boris (I think) will try and set him and the others that share his view up for a fall though. Boris (I think again) is deliberately playing all hard core hard Brexit do or die even though he is not at all a true Brexiteer, let alone a hard Brexit headbanger. He isn't stupid despite the buffoon image. What he will do though is go so hard Brexit bonkers he will depend on people like Dominic to stop him. Boris wants to be stopped! That way he can go down as being the chest thumping proper brexiteer who was foiled at the last minute by those treacherous remoaners.

They've already started that with their pathetic blame shifting on the EU.

Part of me hopes they just don't bother and let him take us over the cliff as that will be the end of Boris and the Tories for most of our lifetimes.

As far as i'm concerned all Brexiteers can jump off Beachy Head. They want to jump off a cliff edge so let 'em go..........alone. I'm damned if i see why they should take anyone with them who doesn't want that.

Birdbrain - 2019-08-07 2:21 PM

And where in any of these reports is it indicated that Dominic has no integrity?

Oh Lordy ... Are you for real and youve now dropped the "great integrity" bit to just "integrity" I see ... If he had "great integrity" he wouldnt have caved in and apologised for what he believes in would he , that my dear would have been the mark of someone with "great integrity"

He caused offence to some people and that was not what he intended. I quite understand why you don't get it.

Violet1956 - 2019-08-07 3:42 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-08-07 2:21 PM

He caused offence to some people and that was not what he intended. I quite understand why you don't get it.

Telling the truth shouldn't cause offence should it or are we so far gone that now the truth is off limits and a man of "great integrity" has to apologise for the truth

Take it you aint found any examples of his political genius princess ... More guff

Bulletguy - 2019-08-07 3:13 PM

They've already started that with their pathetic blame shifting on the EU.

As far as i'm concerned all Brexiteers can jump off Beachy Head. They want to jump off a cliff edge so let 'em go..........alone. I'm damned if i see why they should take anyone with them who doesn't want that.

Yes I've noticed them banging on saying the EU won't negotiate and crap about the undemocratic backstop. The flaming backstop was our idea!! Even Hoofwankingbunglec*nt Dave Pelmet has been telling us that a recession has been pre ordered in time for Brexit so he can say the economy tanking is not Brexits fault.

This is what will happen. If it does happen, when it all goes tits up the main focus will not be on getting us out of the sh1t or admitting it was a naff idea and rejoining it will be on blaming anyone but themselves. I've seen it happen a hundred times in business. Idiots in charge go against your advice and then spend the rest of their careers blame shifting while the ship sinks. They will probably blame the IT man.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-07 9:24 AM

You do yourself no justice by claiming that Boris Johnson is a moron and that his cabinet is full of idiots. The evidence says the opposite. Boris got a scholarship to Eton and to Oxford. Only the super-intelligent manage that. You are living proof of someone whose Remainer obsession overrides whatever commonsense he has.

Grieve is bright, no denying ,but even brighter is Lord Sumption a former Supreme Court judge, once described as the cleverest man in Britain. Here's his opinion. I hope that you like the newspaper.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/06/no-deal-brexit-legally-possible-even-after-no-confidence-vote

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2015/aug/06/jonathan-sumption-brain-of-britain

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-07 8:43 PM

. Boris got a scholarship to Eton and to Oxford.

Was also slick enough to switch to Brexit when he saw it gave him the chance to oust Cameron and take his job.

Where would Boris be now if he had stayed a remainer like his father and brother?

Archived