Double skillet avaialblity

Ricardo1

Hello everyone

Myself and the other half have been keen campers for well over 30 years and we still are. We use the double skillet pan on a regular basis that we have had since new and wouldn't do without it, however,as the original suppliers are no longer in business we have an opportunity to have these manufactured to the same spec if not better than the originals.

So, I'm doing a bit of market research in asking you good people whether there would be any interest.

Thank you for your input

pepe63 - 2016-01-20 1:09 PM

derek pringle - 2016-01-20 9:10 AM

hi Ricardo,

excuse my ignorance but what is it [obviously a pan of sorts]and what is special about them.

cheers

derek

Hi Derek'

We've never had/used one but here's an old video:

cheers pepe,

looks ok but swmbo would be lost without all her paraphenalia---[ I am ducking as I type] ha

good luck

derek

Guest pelmetman
We have one and find it very useful, although the non stick coating is not lasting as well as other pans we've owned, so if they are going to be re manufactured, I hope the teflon is of a better quality ;-) .......

• 3 weeks later...
pelmetman - 2016-01-21 9:09 AM

We have one and find it very useful, although the non stick coating is not lasting as well as other pans we've owned, so if they are going to be re manufactured, I hope the teflon is of a better quality ;-) .......

I would second that, once "Teflon" coatings starts to decay and flake, its time to bin them, teflon is toxic. In my view high on price but low on quality, the handles and buttons to release the handles need to be of far higher heat resistance; ours have distorted preventing removal.

Just seen your post from last month re. resurrecting the Double Skillet. We would be interested, definitely. And I am sure so would an awful lot of other folk. We do have one already, but the non-stick is wearing out. It is the one pan/pan-set I ALWAYS take away with us.

Just a further thought regarding the Double Skillet, only a few weeks ago (not having seen your O&AL post), I wrote to Lakeland Ltd, Head Office, Windermere, extolling the virtues of the Double Skillet and trying to persuade them to organise its re-manufacture. I said if they sold it they would be on to a winner, with much demand from the caravan/motorhome fraternity.

If you are thinking of going into PRODUCTION, it might be worth contacting them regarding the actual MARKETING of the product.

Perhaps other folk would just like to do as I did, and contact them (Lakeland Ltd), to suggest they look into obtaining the Double Skillet (and point them in the direction of the now defunct web-site, which, though non-operational, gives them all the details). If we all pester them, they might think it a worthwhile venture.

Rona

And ANOTHER thought about trying to get the Double Skillet on the market once more - how about putting this thread onto the MOTORHOME MATTERS, and also CARAVAN, Out and About Live Forums, (not just the general CHATTERBOX Forum), so that you can receive a wider readership.

My husband was most surprised when I mentioned the thread to him, as he checks up on Out and About Live pretty frequently - but, he goes into the Motorhome, and Caravan Sections only.

Archived