Downing St aide resigns

Bulletguy

Johnson’s most senior black adviser has resigned following the Government’s controversial report on racism in the UK.

The Tories, whose leader calls black people Piccaninnies, commissioned a report from their friends no doubt at great cost to give the decision that they wanted.....to tell the nation there is no racism in UK. *-)

https://tinyurl.com/3fd5fz78

Laughable that Johnson is claiming his resignation has nothing to do with the report.

"Kasumu almost quit government in February, after equalities minister Kemi Badenoch attacked a HuffPost UK journalist on Twitter."

"In his resignation letter, seen by the BBC, he warned that progress made by the Conservative Party under David Cameron in 2015 with Black and Asian communities had been destroyed."

“The damage that is often caused by our actions is not much considered,” he said. "

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/samuel-kasumu-downing-street_uk_606576e0c5b62705c66250a3

What does this picture tell us about our institutions I wonder.

557646987_HereditoryPeersspottheblackman.jpg.f5d0dd9a10630209de39b27ec3ffee70.jpg

its just more right wing populist propaganda. What it basically says is you cant call us racist anymore because we did our own report and we decided we are not racists. Its basically a way of slapping down anyone who protests about racism, BLM etc. Almost like a licence to deny it exists following closely on the heels of the bill to stop people protesting if they deem it a bit annoying.

The Johnson supporters love it as they will now use it as a catch all excuse for any future accusations of institutional racism. One of the key racists is the flaming PM himself FFS!

The problem, I think, is that they have emphasised semantics above what is commonly understood. What they seem to be trying to argue when they claim an absence of institutional racism, is that the actual institutions (the schools, hospitals, public bodies, police, etc. etc.) are not of themselves racist. They all have mission statements or whatever, that declare they will not tolerate discrimination on grounds of race, colour, creed, or sexual orientation, so cannot possibly be racist institutions, so cannot be "institutionally" racist. Possibly true, but a very (hopelessly?) "fine" point. That merely leaves the possibility that while the institution itself is not racist, many of its employees are!

As it is the employees (some of whom are themselves from ethnic minorities and are racially biased) of these institutions that ethnic minorities are most likely to encounter, the perception is that the institution - whatever it claims for itself - is racially biased, simply because it tolerates the presence of racially biased employees.

So what we seem to have ended up with is the ethnic minority segment of the establishment saying "us, we're not racially biased", and the rest saying "oh yes you you are, because when we enter the institutions for which you are responsible, we meet racial bias".

The odd thing is that this line of reasoning ever survived scrutiny before it was allowed to be published. It is a staggering own goal, and highly destructive of what has, actually, been achieved. Too many inhabitants of ivory towers involved?

Guest pelmetman

Ooooh Looky Looky another LOSER Hobby horse has just rode into town (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Jump aboard HATERS you know you want to >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 6:13 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 5:55 PM

Two of the listed contributors to the latest report are a little upset that they are thanked in the report.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/race-report-boris-johnson-authors-b1825516.html

Pram.......Dummy :D .......

So you don't see anything wrong in quoting and acknowledging contributions when they are just a work of fiction? That says a lot about your values.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 6:15 PM

Two of the listed contributors to the latest report are a little upset that they are thanked in the report.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/race-report-boris-johnson-authors-b1825516.html

So you don't see anything wrong in quoting and acknowledging contributions when they are just a work of fiction? That says a lot about your values.

I guess if you LOSERS dont like the report you'd best blame all those BAME folk that wrote it >:-) ........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ............

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 6:20 PM

I guess if you LOSERS dont like the report you'd best blame all those BAME folk that wrote it >:-) ........

And that was my point "those BAME folks that wrote it", didn't write it.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 6:24 PM

Oh dear you LOSERS really are getting desperate :D .........

No doubt you'll try telling folk Boris wrote it? (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

What sad desperate LOSERS you have become >:-) ..........

CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 6:24 PM

One of whom had never been invited and extremely angry at his name being used; “How many other people have been roped unknowingly into this? Rubber-stamping this nonsense. “I am not naive enough either to expect either an explanation or an apology from anyone in government for this.”

Describing the report as a “horrible, typical, right-wing fig leaf”, he went on: “I would ask them when did they consult? Who did they ask? Who are these stakeholders and participants? On which planet do they live that they can arrive at that conclusion?”

One who did attend, Stephen Bourne, a historian of black Britain, also told The Independent he felt “manipulated” at his name appearing in the report as being consulted by the Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities. Mr Bourne, whose best-known work is ‘Black Poppies — Britain’s Black Community and the Great War’, added he later contacted Downing Street and read the “riot act” to Mr Kasumu.

“How dare you do that, I said that is so unprofessional so rude to invite me to what I thought was going to be what we discussed, a round table discussion of historians of black Britain. And it turns out to be this commission which I’ve never heard of. I said you should have explained all of this”.

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 6:29 PM

Well Boris allowed it to be published, so he may as well have written it - to the same extent as he was responsible for sourcing the AZ vaccine. Which is he, hapless bystander, or the commanding officer? Just askin', of course! (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-04-01 7:06 PM

Well Boris allowed it to be published, so he may as well have written it - to the same extent as he was responsible for sourcing the AZ vaccine. Which is he, hapless bystander, or the commanding officer? Just askin', of course! (lol) (lol) (lol)

If it wasn't for Boris I doubt you'd have had your jab ;-) ..........

Perhaps its time for you LOSERS to thank us Brexiteers for saving your miserable lives >:-) ........

P1010899.JPG.1f93ca149a05edeba11ec71b0ab05c5a.JPG

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 7:28 PM

Rubbish.....that LYING scumbag has done nothing but create havoc, use taxpayers money for shagging women, and give millions out to his chums for dodgy contracts.

It's thanks to the NHS staff, volunteers and Medicines and Health Regulator Dr June Raine, not least the scientists who developed the vaccine.

Perhaps its time for you LOSERS to thank us Brexiteers for saving your miserable lives >:-) ........

The names you were searching for were Sarah Gilbert and Kate Bingham. For how the AZ vaccine came about see here: https://tinyurl.com/smk75yjp It seems Bill Gates had more of a hand in its development than Boris! (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-04-02 12:17 PM

The names you were searching for were Sarah Gilbert and Kate Bingham. For how the AZ vaccine came about see here: https://tinyurl.com/smk75yjp It seems Bill Gates had more of a hand in its development than Boris! (lol) (lol)

Who set up the UK Vaccines Taskforce? ;-) ..........

The name you are searching for is........Boris Johnson >:-) .........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Archived