You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  General Chat -> Chatterbox
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 Last
Format:  Go
Drastic fall in Police
AuthorMessage
userJohn52
Posted: 18 June 2019 9:16 AM
Subject: RE: Drastic fall in Police

Forum master

pelmetman - 2019-06-18 8:22 AM

Peter/James/John still hasn't said why he disappeared for 15 months? ...

I've been here all the time
userBulletguy
Posted: 18 June 2019 4:38 PM

The special one

Last night's episode of "999 Whats Your Emergency", a police call handler took an emergency call from a mother wanting the police because her 8 year old son was threatening her. Turned out his mother had taken his X box away so he threw a strop.

A young Polish lad arrested for fighting in the town centre, police had to call his father in as he was 15 and explained to his dad the redness on his sons face was due to police having to pepper spray him. The dad replied, "good....give him some more, he deserves it". He hasn't re-offended since.
user747
Posted: 18 June 2019 11:48 PM

Epic contributor

Bulletguy - 2019-06-18 4:38 PM

Last night's episode of "999 Whats Your Emergency", a police call handler took an emergency call from a mother wanting the police because her 8 year old son was threatening her. Turned out his mother had taken his X box away so he threw a strop.

A young Polish lad arrested for fighting in the town centre, police had to call his father in as he was 15 and explained to his dad the redness on his sons face was due to police having to pepper spray him. The dad replied, "good....give him some more, he deserves it". He hasn't re-offended since.

Thank goodness for Parents because the Courts are not punishing criminals enough, that has caused a spike in crime ... because the consequences of being caught are negligible.

Police Officers (and other Emergency Services) should be given more protection by the Judicial system, with heavier punishments. The Prisons are overflowing and lesser sentences are given out to minimise custodial sentences.

It is lefties like yourself who have brought about this state of affairs. I don't break the Law so I am quite happy for tougher measures ... if it reduces crime.
userBulletguy
Posted: 19 June 2019 12:31 AM

The special one

747 - 2019-06-18 11:48 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-06-18 4:38 PM

It is lefties like yourself who have brought about this state of affairs. I don't break the Law so I am quite happy for tougher measures ... if it reduces crime.

So now it's my fault 8 year old kids threaten their parents? You don't half spout a load of bullcrap second only in hot air stakes to the Beano boys.
userJohn52
Posted: 19 June 2019 7:23 AM

Forum master

I am quite happy for tougher measures ... if it reduces crime.

We already have a greater percentage of our population in prison than and other Western country except USA where inequality is higher.
People who think we can arrest our way out of this problem either want to maintain inequality an any price, or are too thick to see beyond simple harsh punishment. Which are you
userJohn52
Posted: 19 June 2019 7:28 AM

Forum master

I don't break the Law

Neither do I because I've got everything I want and too much to lose. If I so much as park on a yellow line they can fine me. If I don't pay they can escalate the costs to a ridiculous amount and send the baliffs in.
But millions of people have nothing that can be taken away from them except their liberty, and their lives are so sh*te they aren't much worse off in jail.
userpelmetman
Posted: 19 June 2019 8:09 AM

Walks with the gods

John52 - 2019-06-18 9:16 AM

pelmetman - 2019-06-18 8:22 AM

Peter/James/John still hasn't said why he disappeared for 15 months? ...

I've been here all the time

So you can read posts in the nick ........But cant reply? ........

user747
Posted: 19 June 2019 9:41 AM

Epic contributor

John52 - 2019-06-19 7:28 AM

I don't break the Law

Neither do I because I've got everything I want and too much to lose. If I so much as park on a yellow line they can fine me. If I don't pay they can escalate the costs to a ridiculous amount and send the baliffs in.
But millions of people have nothing that can be taken away from them except their liberty, and their lives are so sh*te they aren't much worse off in jail.

Correct, a lot of people have nothing. Some of them through no fault of their own but a lot more because of their own actions. An old saying but a true one, "Life is what you make it". A lot of these 'poor people' cannot compare to the REAL poverty my Parents grew up with ... without breaking the Law. My Mother and Grandmother had no proper toys or dolls and were scavenging Coal from spoil heaps and the beach so the family could have a fire in the Winter. When my Father died we could not claim any benefits like they can today, I worked all the hours God sent on an Apprentices wage to help out, I didn't steal other peoples possessions or mug old ladies. It cost me the chance of higher qualifications (to Degree level) as I gave up Technical College after obtaining an HNC because of the situation. That is why I only have sympathy for genuine cases of hardship due to health or similar problems.

Edited by 747 2019-06-19 9:42 AM
userJohn52
Posted: 19 June 2019 5:31 PM

Forum master

747 - 2019-06-19 9:41 AM

John52 - 2019-06-19 7:28 AM

I don't break the Law

Correct, a lot of people have nothing. Some of them through no fault of their own but a lot more because of their own actions. An old saying but a true one, "Life is what you make it". A lot of these 'poor people' cannot compare to the REAL poverty my Parents grew up with ... without breaking the Law. My Mother and Grandmother had no proper toys or dolls and were scavenging Coal from spoil heaps and the beach so the family could have a fire in the Winter. When my Father died we could not claim any benefits like they can today, I worked all the hours God sent on an Apprentices wage to help out, I didn't steal other peoples possessions or mug old ladies. It cost me the chance of higher qualifications (to Degree level) as I gave up Technical College after obtaining an HNC because of the situation. That is why I only have sympathy for genuine cases of hardship due to health or similar problems.

Yes but we had proper jobs and affordable housing - not this: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jun/19/sorry-we-missed-you-first-trailer-ken-loach-gig-economy-drama
Its not exactly poverty but Inequality thats most linked to crime, and Inequality was much lower - and there weren't so many new gadgets being advertised in kids faces they couldn't legally afford.
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator