Dreadlock Permanent Holiday

antony1969

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fast Pat - 2019-02-03 6:02 PM

antony1969 - 2019-02-03 5:47 PM

They'll be out screaming on the streets about these criminals ... https://news.sky.com/story/dozens-to-be-deported-on-charter-flight-to-jamaica-after-living-in-uk-for-decades-11626748 ... Weathers nice in Jamaica

There is not a dreadlock in sight but your racism makes the link subconsciously.

Your a proper little professionally offended bore aint ya ... You'll be OK on here sweetheart ... Whats racist about dreadlocks , in my younger days I tried some myself ???

This is good news Antony. Successive governments on both sides of the divide have singularly failed to remove foreign criminals deserving of deportation for many years. Such positive action as this is to be celebrated. I don’t care where people come from, whether they sport dreadlocks or have any other outward signs of “difference”. What matters is whether the public interest demands that they be deported. However, there is a taint of underlying prejudice in your post in that none of the people subject to deportation action was described or pictured in the report as sporting dreadlocks. It is inevitable that people such as Fast Pat question why you even mention it.

antony1969 - 2019-02-03 6:07 PM

They'll be out screaming on the streets about these criminals ... https://news.sky.com/story/dozens-to-be-deported-on-charter-flight-to-jamaica-after-living-in-uk-for-decades-11626748 ... Weathers nice in Jamaica

There is not a dreadlock in sight but your racism makes the link subconsciously.

Your a proper little professionally offended bore aint ya ... You'll be OK on here sweetheart ... Whats racist about dreadlocks , in my younger days I tried some myself ???

You should get some now! You will need some pritstick to stick em on though.

Violet1956 - 2019-02-03 8:42 PM

This is good news Antony. Successive governments on both sides of the divide have singularly failed to remove foreign criminals deserving of deportation for many years. Such positive action as this is to be celebrated. I don’t care where people come from....

How 'foreign' are they Veronica? From what i can see all are British citizens. May seems to believe Jamaica is still a British colony over which 'her' imperialist 'Empire' rules. The ex-forces chap would not have been able to join without being a citizen under 1981 Nationality Act and must have lived in UK for a minimum five years. Whatever his sentence was for, is this really how we want to repay someone who served in Afghanistan? It makes a mockery of "for Queen and country" doesn't it?

I've read it again BG but there is nothing about them being British citizens, only reference to how long they have lived in the UK. Clearly that is relevant as to whether they ought to be deported, as is their existing ties to the the UK and lack of such ties in Jamaica. Nevertheless I don't believe there is anything in the report that indicates that their deportation is not justified. They have rights of appeal against such decisions and the article is silent as to whether they have exercised them.

Violet1956 - 2019-02-03 10:16 PM

I've read it again BG but there is nothing about them being British citizens, only reference to how long they have lived in the UK. Clearly that is relevant as to whether they ought to be deported, as is their existing ties to the the UK and lack of such ties in Jamaica. Nevertheless I don't believe there is anything in the report that indicates that their deportation is not justified. They have rights of appeal against such decisions and the article is silent as to whether they have exercised them.

I can't see anything in the report to suggest it is justified either! The ex-forces guy in particular would have to have been a UK citizen and lived here minimum five years. All seems very rushed to me and the only connection any of them appear to have with Jamaica is through parentage.

I watched Ainsley Harriott the other day on a cookery programme. Do we deport him if he gets caught speeding purely for having Jamaican parentage? What next...deportation of Welsh, Irish and Scottish criminals out of Little England due to parental heritage? :-S

Perhaps there needs to me more transparency regarding the deportation decisions made in each of their cases BG. So far you and I and the rest of Joe public have only adumbrated news reports to go on. I think there is a real need for the Home Office, the courts and tribunals to make sure the reasons for their decisions are widely available. Sad to say we can't rely on news reportst to be free of bias these days,

Violet1956 - 2019-02-03 11:15 PM

Perhaps there needs to me more transparency regarding the deportation decisions made in each of their cases BG. So far you and I and the rest of Joe public have only adumbrated news reports to go on. I think there is a real need for the Home Office, the courts and tribunals to make sure the reasons for their decisions are widely available. Sad to say we can't rely on news reportst to be free of bias these days,

Description of offences is somewhat vague to say the least though i did find more detail on one who had been involved in a police chase driving at 115mph. Some years ago my brother-in-law got nabbed on the M20 by an unmarked police car who clocked him at 112mph. He got 6 points on his licence (already had 6 on as well)....how come he wasn't deported?!!

I note the ex-forces guy came back from serving in Afghanistan with PTSD. I'm not surprised. When my son was in he had a few mates who ended up that way and one even tried taking his own life.

This is good news Antony. Successive governments on both sides of the divide have singularly failed to remove foreign criminals deserving of deportation for many years. Such positive action as this is to be celebrated. I don’t care where people come from, whether they sport dreadlocks or have any other outward signs of “difference”. What matters is whether the public interest demands that they be deported. However, there is a taint of underlying prejudice in your post in that none of the people subject to deportation action was described or pictured in the report as sporting dreadlocks. It is inevitable that people such as Fast Pat question why you even mention it.

Your right it is inevitable that things like fat pat will question it ... Cant believe I have to explain but it was simply a play on 10cc Dreadlock Holiday which obviously is a very racist song ... How naughty

Barryd999 - 2019-02-03 8:45 PM

antony1969 - 2019-02-03 6:07 PM

You should get some now! You will need some pritstick to stick em on though.

Be fun would it not ... I could black up a bit like Mary Poppins did back in the day but I see the professional wet drips are complaining over that now ... How very sad to be permanently offended

Bulletguy - 2019-02-03 9:27 PM

This is good news Antony. Successive governments on both sides of the divide have singularly failed to remove foreign criminals deserving of deportation for many years. Such positive action as this is to be celebrated. I don’t care where people come from....

How 'foreign' are they Veronica? From what i can see all are British citizens. May seems to believe Jamaica is still a British colony over which 'her' imperialist 'Empire' rules. The ex-forces chap would not have been able to join without being a citizen under 1981 Nationality Act and must have lived in UK for a minimum five years. Whatever his sentence was for, is this really how we want to repay someone who served in Afghanistan? It makes a mockery of "for Queen and country" doesn't it?

As foreign as these fellas ??? ... Im sure all has been checked by the Government and is totally legal as Mrs May wont want what you want and her being "charged with crimes against humanity" ... I prefer my sympathies to lie with the victims of the crimes and not the criminals personally but whatever floats your boat

antony1969 - 2019-02-04 6:17 AM

Your right it is inevitable that things like fat pat will question it ... Cant believe I have to explain but it was simply a play on 10cc Dreadlock Holiday which obviously is a very racist song ... How naughty

Poor thing you must have been up all night dreaming up that pathetic excuse. You responded to my original post in 5 mins, more than 12 hours later you dream up the 10cc link.

Fast Pat - 2019-02-04 7:44 AM

antony1969 - 2019-02-04 6:17 AM

Poor thing you must have been up all night dreaming up that pathetic excuse. You responded to my original post in 5 mins, more than 12 hours later you dream up the 10cc link.

Sorry sweetheart ... You've been awake all this time waiting ... Looks like Bullet ain't the only one with a little black book on me ... Looks like your still offended too ... After you've logged my reply in your book you can pop off to bed now I've replied cant you ... Nite nite darling xx

Guest pelmetman

I suspect the wets have ignored those who are guilty of very serious crimes .........

This faux outrage by the forums usual suspects reminds me of those airplane passengers who prevented a rapist from being deported *-) ................

Halo polishing has consequences :-| ...........

pelmetman - 2019-02-04 8:44 AM

I suspect the wets have ignored those who are guilty of very serious crimes .........

This faux outrage by the forums usual suspects reminds me of those airplane passengers who prevented a rapist from being deported *-) ................

Halo polishing has consequences :-| ...........

Thay daft bat in Sweden who stopped a flight from taking a criminal back home is on trial today ... What's the bet liberal Sweden wont give her the 6 months she should get ... Sweden is lost

antony1969 - 2019-02-04 6:33 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-03 9:27 PM

As foreign as these fellas ??? ...Im sure all has been checked by the Government and is totally legal....

From the article it appears they are British citizens and their only connection to Jamaica being through parental ancestry. We stopped deporting our own citizens over 150 years ago. Given governments past record on so called "checking" and deciding the legalities, i have very little faith in that!!

Errm......one was done for a speeding offence. Hardly "very serious crime" and definitely not in the realms of rape. *-)

Bulletguy - 2019-02-04 3:43 PM

Errm......one was done for a speeding offence. Hardly "very serious crime" and definitely not in the realms of rape. *-)

Given you keep banging on and on and on and on about David's supposed illegal overstay in Spain I'd say you are a hypocrite amongst other things

antony1969 - 2019-02-04 3:51 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-04 3:43 PM

Given you keep banging on and on and on and on about David's supposed illegal overstay in Spain I'd say you are a hypocrite amongst other things

Que? :-|

Archived