EU vaccine passport

CurtainRaiser

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moveed from Motorhome Matters forum to Chatterbox

MODERATED - Derek Uzzell

................................................................................................................................

CurtainRaiser

Since registering on the Out&AboutLive forums on 18 December 2020 you have posted 670 times (exclusively on the Chatterbox forum,). I assume therefore that you intended to post this to the Chatterbox forum too, but it accidentally ended up on Motorhome Matters.

I don’t much care what goes on on Chatterbox, but I shall ‘moderate’ stuff that has no direct bearing on motorcaravanning when I notice it being posted to the forums that relate to motorhomes.

The EU approach to a ' Digital Passport ' is interesting.

Their idea is to launch it in three months time so that the necessary technical / digital preparations can be made before launch.

In the UK, Boris Johnson would appear at the govts. daily election speech and say he's come up with a brand new, world beating passport system, that will start next Monday.

............... and then tell one of his minions to get on with setting it up.

:-D

malc d - 2021-03-02 10:47 AM

Their idea is to launch it in three months time so that the necessary technical / digital preparations can be made before launch.

In the UK, Boris Johnson would appear at the govts. daily election speech and say he's come up with a brand new, world beating passport system, that will start next Monday.

And it'll take a year.

jumpstart - 2021-03-02 12:05 PM

And it'll take a year.

The days in a year are just double 180.

They pass quickly.

If you did it too, it would only be valid for 90 days every 180.

Then it should be renewed, you know, with the Bligthy virus the EU wants to stay safe.

mtravel - 2021-03-02 4:25 PM

jumpstart - 2021-03-02 12:05 PM

And it'll take a year.

The days in a year are just double 180.

They pass quickly.

If you did it too, it would only be valid for 90 days every 180.

Then it should be renewed, you know, with the Bligthy virus the EU wants to stay safe.

I’ve read this 3 times and still don’t understand it. Perhaps you could do it in Italian so I can translate it.

Guest pelmetman

Plus UK citizens ;-) ..........

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/02/eus-covid-vaccine-passport-scheme-set-to-include-the-uk-14169428/

Makes sense :D ........

Seeing as it'll only be us Brits and the Israelis who will be able to qualify >:-) ........

PS.......I see DU Bot has got you sussed ;-) .........

Guest pelmetman

Dunno why they're rushing? :-S .........

At current vacination rates the majority of EU citizens will have to wait until 2022 to qualify >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-03-02 4:53 PM

At current vacination rates the majority of EU citizens will have to wait until 2022 to qualify >:-) ........

I bet folks are moving freely within European countries across internal borders before the UK (with our pesky imported variants) are allowed in.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-02 5:04 PM

I bet folks are moving freely within European countries across internal borders before the UK (with our pesky imported variants) are allowed in.

They can move freely all they like, i wont go there untill they get vaccinated which as things are going won't be this year even. Wonder how many extra deaths that will entail.

Guest pelmetman

Not according to your bible....the Daily Scum >:-) .......

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/23/eu-tells-six-countries-to-lift-covid-border-restrictions

(lol) (lol) (lol) ........

jumpstart - 2021-03-02 5:21 PM

They can move freely all they like, i wont go there untill they get vaccinated which as things are going won't be this year even. Wonder how many extra deaths that will entail.

Well on the two measures that matter, deaths and number of people fully vaccinated the UK only leads on one of them.

https://www.euronews.com/2021/03/01/covid-19-vaccinations-in-europe-which-countries-are-leading-the-way

CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-02 5:29 PM

Well on the two measures that matter, deaths and number of people fully vaccinated the UK only leads on one of them.

https://www.euronews.com/2021/03/01/covid-19-vaccinations-in-europe-which-countries-are-leading-the-way

Germany, Spain, Poland, France and Italy are ahead of us when it comes to fully vaccinated.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-02 5:29 PM

The measure that matters to me is being 86% protected compared to Europe zilch protection for 90% of the population all year......and all the extra deaths that incurres.

We already know Eu cares less.

Looks like you'll be loosing your money as well. Spain and Greece looking to open tourist's corridor for UK only tourists.

Guest pelmetman

I thought after Brexit it was us Brits who were supposed to be in the slow lane? >:-) ..........

"Spain plans 'green corridor' to allow UK tourists to take summer holidays - as Greece says vaccinated Britons could be allowed to jump border check queues there"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9317221/Europed-Covid-crisis-Vaccinated-Britons-allowed-jump-Greek-border-queues.html

(lol) (lol) (lol) .....................

They're not rushing.

They're taking three months.

( Try reading it again - but more slowly )

8-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-03-03 9:40 AM

They're not rushing.

8-)

Like I said ;-) .........They can take as long as they like :D .......

As the majority of the EU citizens wont qualify for their passports untill 2022 >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-03-03 3:58 PM

They're not rushing.

8-)

As the majority of the EU citizens wont qualify for their passports untill 2022 >:-) .........

Well don't forget, as proportionally those countries haven't killed as many of their citizens as Doris, they have a lot more people to vaccinate than us. Also most will still a lot more of their elderly still alive as they didn't pack covid infected patients off to their care homes, so they will also have that economic burden for years to come. LOSERS eh?

CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-03 6:13 PM

pelmetman - 2021-03-03 3:58 PM

They're not rushing.

8-)

Well don't forget, as proportionally those countries haven't killed as many of their citizens as Doris, they have a lot more people to vaccinate than us. Also most will still a lot more of their elderly still alive as they didn't pack covid infected patients off to their care homes, so they will also have that economic burden for years to come. LOSERS eh?

And how many will die with no protection waiting and waiting

for their turn to get two jabs, when they could have had 86% protection with one jab a lit quicker.

Archived