East Coast Weather Tonight [BBC]

enodreven

Yes, the people of Gt Yarmouth are preparing for a wetting. My wife, who is an administrator in one of the local hospital has just spent the last 4 hours assisting to evacuate the patients. Having been involved in a lot of flood alerts when in 'the job' I hope the authorities are 'over reacting' as they normally do but I am keeping me fingers crossed all the same!!

Regards Mike

Apparently parts of Gt Yarmouth 'low lying' areas are in the process of being evacuated I have just been informed by a lorry driver. I trust that when all you good people now abed awake later today the situation has not deteriated into a 'major incedent'!

Sleep well! Mike

In the words of Hilary Benn 'It was not a disaster by a hair's breadth'. I found it somewhat funny though that when I went home circa 07:00 the police had roads blocked off and were 'confident' that Yarmouth would be 'deluged' by 08:00 for 'at least 48 hours' and at 08:30 when Cherry went to work the road blocks were all removed and the police were no where to be seen!! (Must learn to stop being critical of my old mob!)

Thanks to all who expressed concern for us on the east coast, it nice that you do care!!!

:-D :-D

Regards Mike

Watching BBC breakfast on morning reporter at bridge said hightide came around 7am then tide went out a little and storm surge hit at 8am, that was a close call! so by 8:30am it was all over bar the shouting(well apart from those that did get flooded)

I found the BBC coverage very frustrating. They had someone in Gt.Yarmouth and/ or Lowestoft who appeared every 15 minutes on News 24 to tell us about local conditions.

They then went on to tell us about the Thames barrier - no mention of anywhere in between.

What about Felixstowe, Harwich, Clacton, Southend etc.??

(.. and I don't live in any of them).

It must be something to do with BBC saving money because they normally send their 'top' reporters off to the other side of the world at the drop of a hat.

Archived