Ed Milliband Trounces BoJo

John52

This is worth watching

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/14/ed-miliband-revels-in-the-humiliation-of-boris-and-his-word-salad

' the collector’s item was his invitation for Boris to back up his assertion that the withdrawal agreement imposed a blockade on GB goods into Northern Ireland.

“Come on,” Ed said, his voice laced with condescension. “I know you’re a details man. Show me the blockade. I will give way to you.”

John52 - 2020-09-15 1:01 PM

This is worth watching

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/14/ed-miliband-revels-in-the-humiliation-of-boris-and-his-word-salad

' the collector’s item was his invitation for Boris to back up his assertion that the withdrawal agreement imposed a blockade on GB goods into Northern Ireland.

“Come on,” Ed said, his voice laced with condescension. “I know you’re a details man. Show me the blockade. I will give way to you.”

Yes that was a proper trouncing. Johnson is just out of his depth. Today it seems Tory MP's have been forced into posting on social media in response how Labour are trying to block Brexit by siding with the EU. (lol) Even up here our MP got ripped apart for that. She must have been cringing when she posted it. Labour are siding with the Rule of Law!!!! Brexit is Done!! Its oven ready! (lol)

Barryd999 - 2020-09-15 1:21 PM

Today it seems Tory MP's have been forced into posting on social media in response how Labour are trying to block Brexit by siding with the EU. (lol) Even up here our MP got ripped apart for that. She must have been cringing when she posted it. Labour are siding with the Rule of Law!!!! Brexit is Done!! Its oven ready! (lol)

I guess the 'newspapers' Pelmet reads will presenrit like that, and he will regurgitate it on here :-S

BoJo is completely out of his depth. He stood up in parliament and said what a brilliant deal he had made, and how it was the best for NI, now he wants to back out of it. The US have already warned that any trade deal will be scuppered if the proposed law is ever used

colin - 2020-09-15 2:45 PM

BoJo is completely out of his depth. He stood up in parliament and said what a brilliant deal he had made ..........

It's hard to remember anything that Johnson plans that he DOESN'T describe as fantastic, incredible or world beating.

It's a policy that seems to work for Trump, so no reason why it shouldn't work for Johnson.

;-)

I happened to put the TV on while Ed Milliband was speaking and listened for 10 mins or so. It seemed to me that he was rambling quite a bit and his critical points were somewhat diluted or missed in the process. I don’t think he’s much of a substitute for Kier Starmer anyway. BoJo’s look of bored contempt having to sit and listen didn’t seem at all out of place.

I saw this on the news earlier and Johnson looked like he'd just had a telling off from teacher.....note his body language, arms folded (defensive), head hung down (ashamed). He couldn't answer the question and he was alone without his band of hecklers to prop him up.

The Speaker should have given him a dunces hat and made him stand in the corner but i think he'd have burst into tears and cried.

StuartO - 2020-09-15 4:48 PM

I happened to put the TV on while Ed Milliband was speaking and listened for 10 mins or so. It seemed to me that he was rambling quite a bit and his critical points were somewhat diluted or missed in the process. I don’t think he’s much of a substitute for Kier Starmer anyway. BoJo’s look of bored contempt having to sit and listen didn’t seem at all out of place.

Did you miss the bit where BoJo was asked to speak ?

John52 - 2020-09-15 5:48 PM

I didn't see it, but if Milliband was waffling, like so many politicians do, Johnson may have the excuse that he didn't realise that he had been asked a question.

We need more short ,sharp, direct questions that can not be dodged.

:-|

p.s. That applies to TV and radio interviews as well.

No, I saw that. I didn’t see it as humiliating for Boris but I can imagine that Labour supporters of lower intelligence would think it was clever.

malc d - 2020-09-15 5:53 PM

I didn't see it, but if Milliband was waffling, like so many politicians do, Johnson may have the excuse that he didn't realise that he had been asked a question.

I don't know how much clearer Milliband could have been. After making his point he said, "if he (Johnson) can tell us the detail i give way to him", then when Johnson sat there like a stuffed dummy Milliband again invited him to reply. Johnson never was the sharpest tool in the box but should at least by now be familiar with HoC terminology and know what "give way" means.

StuartO - 2020-09-15 6:34 PM

No, I saw that. I didn’t see it as humiliating for Boris but I can imagine that Labour supporters of lower intelligence would think it was clever.

BoJo was asked to justify his accusations but remained silent

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-09-15 6:46 PM

malc d - 2020-09-15 5:53 PM

I don't know how much clearer Milliband could have been. After making his point he said, "if he (Johnson) can tell us the detail i give way to him", then when Johnson sat there like a stuffed dummy Milliband again invited him to reply. Johnson never was the sharpest tool in the box but should at least by now be familiar with HoC terminology and know what "give way" means.

For someone who isn't the sharpest tool in the box ;-) .........

He's got Brexit done and won a 80 seat majority >:-) ..........

Plus he's managing to annoy the hell out of you LOSERS..........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.8a118ccc5a796a7e75b735f670fa1e57.jpg

John52 - 2020-09-15 7:04 PM

StuartO - 2020-09-15 6:34 PM

BoJo was asked to justify his accusations but remained silent

BoJo was challenged to respond by the MP who was speaking, as if he wanted to interject. Boris has already had his say and was clearly finding Miliband’s speech unedifying and perhaps even childishly irritating. Giving way is something an MP who is not currently holding the floor asks the one who is to grant, not the other way around.

John52 - 2020-09-15 9:46 PM

pelmetman - 2020-09-15 9:14 PM

In that case its not about Brexit is it?

Its about him reneging on a deal he has signed and breaking international law.

LOL! good answer. However the only thing that has been "Done" is Pelmet and the Brexiteers. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-09-15 10:20 PM

LOL! good answer. However the only thing that has been "Done" is Pelmet and the Brexiteers. (lol)

So if the UK breaks "laws" its a bad country? ;-) .............

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/angela-merkel-germany-breaks-more-eu-rules-worst-bottom-class-a8198271.html

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-didn-t-the-eu-punish-germany-when-it-broke-international-law-

So what does that make Germany? >:-) ..........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.b5f520c65a9f82fb70e2afbe143c77d4.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-09-16 8:52 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-15 10:20 PM

So if the UK breaks "laws" its a bad country? ;-) .............

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/angela-merkel-germany-breaks-more-eu-rules-worst-bottom-class-a8198271.html

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-didn-t-the-eu-punish-germany-when-it-broke-international-law-

So what does that make Germany? >:-) ..........

Most EU countries infringe EU rules from time to time. There is a bit of a difference in breaking an international treaty signed (oven ready) less than a year ago than not quite meeting your targets on policy areas like air pollution, water quality and fire protection

John52 - 2020-09-15 9:54 PM

StuartO - 2020-09-15 9:19 PM

Boris has already had his say

But he didn't say how the withdrawal agreement imposed a blockade on GB goods into Northern Ireland as he alleged.

This is important

So he was asked

But would not answer.

As I said, that's not the parliamentary way, this was a debate, not Prime Minister's Questions; Milliband was just playing rather childishly to the non-existant crowd.

John52 - 2020-09-16 10:57 AM

StuartO - 2020-09-16 10:53 AM

this was a debate, .

So why couldn't BoJo speak *-)

Because he chose not to respond to Milliband's childish challenges. The debate finished and the motion was passed; clearly Boris's arguments won through and less than a handful of Tory MPs voted against and a few more abstained - but there was still a majority of 77.

It will be interesting to see how the Bill fairs in the House of Lords.

Archived