Essential Travel?

John52

Is it essential for BoJo & hangers on to come up here in the middle of a pandemic

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/28/scotland-benefited-uk-support-covid-fight-boris-johnson

to ramp up the bribes he is paying us with your money

to bribe the crackheads to vote for him instead of Nicola Sturgeon

because he can help himself to your money

and maintain his empire at your expense?

Nicola Sturgeon said “We have a duty to lead by example, and if we are going to suggest that we don’t take these rules as seriously as we should it gets harder to convince other people.”

Keith Brown MSP, the SNP’s deputy leader, said: “Clearly, Boris Johnson is rattled. By branding this campaign trip as ‘essential’, this is clearly a prime minister in panic, who knows the Tories are losing the argument on independence.

BoJo.jpg.80bf95bc7005f166c0a2166300b8468c.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jumpstart - 2021-01-28 2:30 PM

malc d - 2021-01-28 2:22 PM

jumpstart - 2021-01-28 2:19 PM

It'll be a question for the whole UK.

Why do you say that ?

Nobody gave the whole of the EU a chance to give their opinion about Brexit.

(?)

Can't quite see the connection there.

If you belong to a political organisation that you don't like you should be free to leave, if enough of your people want to.

Why should you have to ask permission from people on the other side ?

:-|

malc d - 2021-01-28 3:02 PM

Why do you say that ?

(?)

If you belong to a political organisation that you don't like you should be free to leave, if enough of your people want to.

A. Because its not just a political organisation.

B. We are not on the other side.

jumpstart - 2021-01-28 3:54 PM

Why do you say that ?

(?)

A. Because its not just a political organisation.

B. We are not on the other side.

A ) Why is the U.K. being run by politicians then ?

B) " The other side " are English people who don't want Scotland to get independence.

Why do you say that ?

Nobody gave the whole of the EU a chance to give their opinion about Brexit. (?)

Why should you have to ask permission from people on the other side ? :-|

How is any of this relevant to Johnson travelling up to Scotland during a national lockdown he has just imposed?

The short answer to John's question is that it is not essential for a British PM to travel to Scotland during a lockdown, no matter how much he may want to plead that it is.

It is primarily a Conservative publicity stunt. Despite what the present cabinet may think, the interests of the Conservative party, and the interests of the UK, are not interchangeable.

What about this visit is, actually, essential? Essential to what? What could not happen were he not to go? Pure vanity!

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-28 4:03 PM

Why do you say that ?

Nobody gave the whole of the EU a chance to give their opinion about Brexit. (?)

How is any of this relevant to Johnson travelling up to Scotland during a national lockdown he has just imposed?

The short answer to John's question is that it is not essential for a British PM to travel to Scotland during a lockdown, no matter how much he may want to plead that it is.

It is primarily a Conservative publicity stunt. Despite what the present cabinet may think, the interests of the Conservative party, and the interests of the UK, are not interchangeable.

What about this visit is, actually, essential? Essential to what? What could not happen were he not to go? Pure vanity!

Relevant because you will see the last sentence in the original post says “ loosing the argument on independence”. Thus my comment ....its not about just what the Scots want.

It is primarily a Conservative publicity stunt. le.

Johnson feels it's essential to show how interested he is in Scotland, it just happens to coincide with rumblings up there about a new independence referendum.

The trip clearly broke his own rules - i.e. the rules that apply to the rest of us.

( I wonder how many essential operations relating to COVID were interrupted/ delayed by his dishevelled figure turning up ! )

;-)

Why do you say that ?

What about this visit is, actually, essential? Essential to what?

Nothing.

What could not happen were he not to go? Pure vanity!

Nicola could get Hadrians Wall rebuilt, rename it Sturgeons Wall, and put an end to Johnsons FoM.....at least in Scotland. B-)

Bulletguy - 2021-01-28 4:39 PM

Why do you say that ?

What about this visit is, actually, essential? Essential to what?

Nothing.

What could not happen were he not to go? Pure vanity!

Nicola could get Hadrians Wall rebuilt, rename it Sturgeons Wall, and put an end to Johnsons FoM.....at least in Scotland. B-)

If the so-called " Red Wall " turns out to be temporary - Hadrians Wall might get relocated down to Leeds, by disappointed Northerners .

:-D

jumpstart - 2021-01-28 4:16 PM

...........................................Relevant because you will see the last sentence in the original post says “ loosing the argument on independence”. Thus my comment ....its not about just what the Scots want.

Well yes, but I can't imagine that Boris rushing off to Scotland will reverse the Scot's desire for independence - even if in his mind he believes that! If that will happen, it will happen for many historic reasons that Boris cannot now influence, not least Brexit. So to me, "essential" in relationship to that trip is hyperbole on stilts! :-D

mtravel - 2021-01-28 4:32 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-28 3:27 PM

Johnson sits with his Scottish supporters.

... follow the tips to fight obesity, please, don't drink sugar-sweetened beverages ...

You are absolutely right,people need to take responsibility for their own health.

jumpstart - 2021-01-28 6:07 PM

... follow the tips to fight obesity, please, don't drink sugar-sweetened beverages ...

You are absolutely right,people need to take responsibility for their own health.

I would also expect it from those who should lead by example, see picture above.

mtravel - 2021-01-28 5:20 PM

jumpstart - 2021-01-28 6:07 PM

I would also expect it from those who should lead by example, see picture above.

I suppose it could be a bottle of Balsamic vinegar.

jumpstart - 2021-01-28 6:26 PM

Balsamic vinegar in a so big coke like plastic bottle ?

The only, true, Balsamic vinegar comes from Modena.

And it usually comes in small glass bottles.

I know that you don't care about the origin of the products, that's why we leave junk imitations to you.

And to your PM of course.

mtravel - 2021-01-28 5:50 PM

jumpstart - 2021-01-28 6:26 PM

Balsamic vinegar in a so big coke like plastic bottle ?

The only, true, Balsamic vinegar comes from Modena.

And it usually comes in small glass bottles.

I know that you don't care about the origin of the products, that's why we leave junk imitations to you.

And to your PM of course.

Oh i do care about authenticity ,i think you'll find the picture is fake.

Johnson has been reported to police over breaking lockdown. Rightly so too but he should have been clobbered with a £10k on the spot fine.

https://tinyurl.com/yxcl9csz

Chief bum licker Smugg called Nicola Sturgeon 'Moanalot' and said the Prime Minister’s visit is ‘something we should be proud of as a nation’. That shows just how detached these loons are from the nation. What happened to "we are all in this together"? *-)

https://tinyurl.com/yxhtcxzo

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-28 5:06 PM

...........................................Relevant because you will see the last sentence in the original post says “ loosing the argument on independence”. Thus my comment ....its not about just what the Scots want.

Well yes, but I can't imagine that Boris rushing off to Scotland will reverse the Scot's desire for independence - even if in his mind he believes that! If that will happen, it will happen for many historic reasons that Boris cannot now influence, not least Brexit. So to me, "essential" in relationship to that trip is hyperbole on stilts! :-D

Sounds like he visted a number of sites where people are doing vital work, often around the clock, 24/7.( we are often told ).

I wonder how many hours were wasted by the officials showing him around, and time he spent chatting to people.

;-)

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-28 5:06 PM

Makes you wonder how the government define " essential " -

I wonder what disasters would have happened to the places he visited - if he hadn't turned up ?

(?)

Archived