Eurotunnel with tesco vouchers

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

Mrs Mental has started shopping on line with Tesco....first problem we noticed is with freshness. You cant specify end dates on items like chicken ...so you are stuck with what they deliver, no sorting through the shelves for stuff with the longest dates

Anyway, I may as well use the vouchers for the Eurotunnel. How does it work? and how many voucher do you need for a return?

Hi Judge

You get your normal vouchers from Tesco periodically - we've recently had one lot, I think next lot are due out in February.

You then go on the Eurotunnel website and choose when you want to go and it will give you options for times/dates and the various prices. Once you have identified your timings etc, do NOT book anything.

Now you need to go to the Tesco website and redeem your vouchers for Eurotunnel vouchers (tesco.com, then Clubcard, Clubcard Deals, Travel, and then click on 'Eurotunnel' - on the right you can do the Tesco vouchers in multiples of £2.50, ie to pay for Eurotunnel return of £140, you need to redeem £35.00 worth of Tesco normal vouchers (if you haven't got enough vouchers you can pay the balance by credit card when you do your actually booking with Eurotunnel). You then sit back and wait for the postman to bring them for you, only a few days normally.

Once you have these Eurotunnel vouchers, go back on the Eurotunnel website and double check what dates/times are still available and the cost. I find it's best to print off the page with the price options on for reference. Now you need to call the Eurotunnel 'Tesco' phone number, there should've been some paperwork sent to you with your Eurotunnel vouchers with the phone number on - I think it's an 0870 number (if you go to the following website you can find a 'normal' number: Say No to 0870 nos ). When you speak to them make sure you tell them you want to pay with Tesco vouchers at the start.

Now tell them what date/times you want, they will confirm the cost, and they will ask you for the numbers off your Eurotunnel vouchers and if there is any more to pay your credit card details as well. This is where the fun starts, you now have to send the vouchers to Eurotunnel by Special Delivery to reach them within 4 working days along with the completed form (again, it tells you on the blurb), so ideally don't do your booking with Eurotunnel unless you are sure you can send them that day or the following day. If they don't get them in time the booking is void.

Once Eurotunnel have received the vouchers, they will send you a confirmation email with your full booking reference number on, you must take this with you when you go for your crossings as well as the credit card you paid any extra costs on as they may ask to see this in case of queries.

You then sit back and hope there's no industrial action when you're due to cross!!!!!! :D

Haven't used them on the tunnel yet but will do next year dates not yet published for Sept 2009. However we used them for a nice break in a good quality hotel in Dublin and although it seem a kerfuffle it's not that bad really. The one drawback is that once obtained if it all goes wrong you can't exchange them.

Guest JudgeMental
michele - 2008-11-27 10:26 PM

Judge do you buy ten crossings a year ??? are you not af requent traveller scheme.

Yes I have last year but has run out and not sure what to do.....Trying to make economy’s lol. No new car and no winter sun (Christmas) holiday. But..... Mrs Mental is spending a fortune on herself and the house, and I have retaliated by buying a huge TV:-D

I think crossings will be more competitive this year so may do a combination of ferries and tunnel if I can get my head around the voucher system*-)

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

In our case we're waiting for Eurotunnel to credit Tesco with our tokens that we were unable to use because of the fire.

Because of the close proximity between the fire and our journey Eurotunnel didn't authorise our use of their ticket to use the ferries so we had to buy a ferry ticket.

Archived