Evening Entertainment....

Sparkle

We sat in our m/h last week and were quietly reading and it crossed my mind what do people do with their evenings?

We don't have tv, so usually if we're within reach of a town we'll wander off into it and explore, or if in middle of nowhere (which with Bruce is quite common) then we'll crack a bottle open, maybe do a cross word together, he'll fettle with something, I''ll try and convinve the pooch that he doesn't have agrophobia, etc etc.. you get the idea. We have a stash of books as well which get turned around pretty quickly....

I stocked it up with all sorts of things so I am never bored, like sketch books, some cross stitch things, suduko and puzzle books (helps keep my mind active! :-D ) but have hardly touched them....

I dread to think what Bruce will post if he sees ths one - all I can say is I apologise now! (lol) (lol) (lol)

Sparkle - 2007-11-14 8:37 AM

We sat in our m/h last week and were quietly reading and it crossed my mind what do people do with their evenings?

We don't have tv, so usually if we're within reach of a town we'll wander off into it and explore, or if in middle of nowhere (which with Bruce is quite common) then we'll crack a bottle open, maybe do a cross word together, he'll fettle with something, I''ll try and convinve the pooch that he doesn't have agrophobia, etc etc.. you get the idea. We have a stash of books as well which get turned around pretty quickly....

I stocked it up with all sorts of things so I am never bored, like sketch books, some cross stitch things, suduko and puzzle books (helps keep my mind active! :-D ) but have hardly touched them....

I dread to think what Bruce will post if he sees ths one - all I can say is I apologise now! (lol) (lol) (lol)

By the time you've wined, dined cleared up and been on the Net with your wireless its time for bed, to sleep perchance to dream,and things like that.

Mick H.

Aha - so when MHing, our Jan's a hooker in the evenings, just for her own entertainment!! On her own rug no less.

Fantastic!

So the red high-heels and fishnets are part of the "professional" attire then.......

A little red 12 volt light outside under the wind-out canopy?

Rope attachment points on the bed?

Baby oil in the 3-way fridge?

You're gonna be an A-list invitee to any future MMM Towers "Home for The Dazed and Confused" club reunions I reckon.

B-)

michele - 2007-11-14 4:02 PM

Me to the same as Mick wine & dine and wash and have a legover then have a fag :D then bit of TV or a DVD off to sleep Zzzz :D

Me too Michele, you can't beat it can you. (lol)

icelander - 2007-11-14 10:06 PM

No TV here too but have a monitor.

Will turn on first time today and watch a dvd ......Dads Army

night night all

Dads Army? Now that would send me to sleep.....but I quite like the idea of a monitor... we have enough old tvs to sink our m/h so might get my fettling husband onto that one....

I am totally diggin' Jan's hooker idea myself....tell me Jan - do your poochs hook too?

Rarely watch 'telly' when at home and definatly NOT when on holiday. If evening is clement will walk & dine out in the local area. If not usually read a thriller or political thriller based novel, but not a crime story.

Cherry mainly does 'Sudoko' or plays patience. If the mood strikes us we talk about family, world, holiday, next years holiday ect.

NIce, though, just to relax and 'unwind', isn't it?

Regards Mike

If we're with friends then we'll often invade someone's awning/MH (depends how cold and windy it gets) or get invaded for an evening of slanderous conversation and drinking :D . Otherwise if we're on our own we might go out for food or eat in, we might watch TV or a DVD or listen to the radio (radio & on digital is excellent in the evening as its all the old classic commedies) or a CD or read or do something else I can't talk about on here :$ .

D.

Sparkle - Do you need a licence for a tv in Spain? We try to keep the BBC happy here, by havinghad the tuner and antenna removed.

The BBC however still send red letters with words such as "Enforcement Officers" "Search" "Crimminal" "Police" "Court" "Judge" "Conviction"

"Illegal" etc etc inside

icelander - 2007-11-15 7:51 AM

Sparkle - Do you need a licence for a tv in Spain? We try to keep the BBC happy here, by havinghad the tuner and antenna removed.

The BBC however still send red letters with words such as "Enforcement Officers" "Search" "Crimminal" "Police" "Court" "Judge" "Conviction"

"Illegal" etc etc inside

Even if you have just a monitor e.g. comp/laptop apparently you need a licence because it is capable of receiveing. Found this out when i bought a new moniter for my comp shortly followed by the request for a licence fee unless i already had one, and if i had a licence would i be so good as to give them the number on it so that they could close the request. although im not sparkle i can answer your question regarding the tv licence in spain - you do not need one

Sparkle - sorry to hijack thread

Currently from Citizens advice

"You don't use your television set or other device to watch or record broadcast programmes

If you do not use your television set, video recorder or DVD player to watch or record authorised broadcast programmes (that is, BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, cable television or satellite television) you will not need a licence. This means that you would not need a licence if, for example, you only:-

use the television set as a computer monitor

use the television set to play electronic games

watch pre-recorded videos or DVDs, whether or not these have been bought or recorded by someone else.

However, the television set and/or video recorder must be incapable of receiving all authorised broadcast programmes. This could be done, for example, by making sure that neither the television set nor the video recorder are tuned into any channels and ensuring that they are not connected to an aerial."

Guest Tracker

As I understand it, to make a TV incapable of receiving TV broadcasts for the purpose of avoiding the need for a license it is not sufficient to detune it or disconnect an aerial.

The set has to be totally and permanently incapable of receiving broadcasts and that means removing the tuning mechanism completely and irrevocably and in such a fashion that it can't be reversed after the license men have called to check.

It then becomes a monitor in effect, but if you have a skybox, digibox, video recorder, computer TV access, or anything else with the capability to receive a TV picture in the house you are still liable for a license.

Difficult to avoid it in reality and probably not worth the effort!

michele - 2007-11-15 8:47 AM

peter - 2007-11-14 9:06 PM

Me to the same as Mick wine & dine and wash and have a quick legover and then have a fag and a 2 Ltr bottle of strong Cider:D then bit of TV or a DVD off to sleep Zzzz :D

Me too Michele, you can't beat it can you. (lol)
Glad to see you enjoying yourself Michele. Hope you put the stteadies down to stop the van rocking (lol)

peter - 2007-11-15 10:21 PM

michele - 2007-11-15 8:47 AM

peter - 2007-11-14 9:06 PM

Me to the same as Mick wine & dine and wash and have a fag TV or a DVD off to sleep Zzzz :D

Me too Michele, there nothing i like more then doing a little tissue hunting whilst outside having my fag . the wife always moans at me ask's me why i have to go outside lol)
Glad to see you enjoying yourself Michele. Hope you put the stteadies down to stop the van rocking (lol)We always do as my van ROCKS ....

Archived