Evil?

CliveH

I like to think there is good in all of us but this really made me think:-

Sky News - picked up by Yahoo:-

"A 15-year-old boy has admitted causing unnecessary suffering to a hamster after freezing it, tumble-drying it and then putting it in a washing machine.

The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty at Harrogate Youth Court.

Youth magistrates banned him from keeping animals for four years and passed a 12-month supervision order.

RSPCA inspector Mike Pugh said: "What this boy did was horrendous."

He explained that it took over half an hour for the hamster, named Poppy, to die.

After first being put in a freezer then heated in a revolving drum, it finally drowned in the washing machine.

Mr Pugh said the animal "suffered severe pain and mental stress" and a post-mortem showed it had lesions on its feet and torn claws.

The vet concluded these were most likely caused by frostbite, trying to climb out of the freezer or hang on to the inside of the dryer drum. She died of severe respiratory or cardiovascular damage.

Poppy's owner called the RSPCA after finding the pet in the bin.

"The teenager was one of several who were guests at the owner's house. The owner had been out for the evening and came home to find the evidence of what happened. There were droppings in the freezer and the tumble-dryer," said Mr Pugh.

"Poppy was bought as a gift for the owner's daughter, who was obviously distraught.

"This was an act of senseless cruelty against a defenceless animal."

Guest Tracker
Agreed, but what is even more sad about our country is that it won't get anything like the publicity that a copper doing 90 did?

Dave you know me by now ..

What I mean is when ever something happens to an animal they dont get a long enough sentence or punishment because we as a society dont consider they are important.

I mean if you can club an old lady to death and get nothing where in the hell are we going to put a yob who does this ? we have no prisons now .

Somebody that is capable of causing suffering to that degre on an innocent little animal has to be sick in the head and should be assessed and watched closely if not locked up in an institution, but it wont happen untill he does something much worse And He Will. :-(

Archived