Excell show expenses

Wingpete

Just been to the Excell show to be thoroughly dissapointed at the expenses and parking arrnagements. On arrival, joined a queue of cars, unsure as to if we were in right one, but no means of finding out until arrival at entry, where two "operatives" were directing everyone down to the car park, and dishing out a slip of paper, to let you know it would £9 for the days parking. Being a user of the disabled driver blue badge scheme, I enquired as to suitable parking, but was still directed to same car park. On entry, drove around to find a space, only to then appreciate that the show was roughly 400 yards away. Bit too far to walk with my disabilities. Then had to enquire how to leave without having to pay £9 ! Managed to get out using the entry ticket, which gives 30 mins to leave after entering. Then drove around other side of Excell, where m/homes are parked up, explained situation and was directed to relvant disabled parking area, convenient to the lifts into the show. That meant about one hours driving around a poorly sign posted area to find out how to access. The imbecile at the first entry ought to have been told the correct place for blue badge users, instead of making all such users, (and I did speak to others similarly put out) drive around in an inappropriate place. Then we had another queue for tickets, not too bad, then walked the show. Had need for a bit of lunch, so tried the Meditteranean Cafe, two filled croisants cost £7.50. And a 33cl bottle of cider & a Becks beer cost me £7.55. What a rip off ? I always thought prices had to be displayed in licensed premises, but certainly non were there . I unfortunately asked for English beer, but the immigrant worker did not know what English beer was, and kept offering Becks, Bud, Michelob, Stella, etc. having some difficulty with the English language ! Good thing was, plenty of new 'vans to see, and crowd not too big, so viewing most was OK. Nicely balanced show, with variety of things to view in the recreational life style. Note, if going, signposting is very poor, and the better way in is from where the mortorhome parking has been provided. There, got that off my chest, now have breath back !

We thought the show was okay but small, but that the parking was too dear and too awkward, the signage in and around the parking zone was really poor and misleading, and that the food was amazingly expensive! We were extremely disappointed with the staff, who really weren't interested - there was a lady with sticks struggling up the stairs, staff standing about, and not one of them said "the lifts are there" - we would have done if we could have seen any! The NEC is only 40 miles further for us, so I don't think we'll be going to Excel again!

Archived