Excellent news........

Guest pelmetman

I've rarely see eye to eye with you pair ;-)...

..but it has always struck me as utterly ridiculous that, in 2017, the whims of 1200-2000+ year old "religions" (and "whims" are pretty much what they are because they pick and choose which ones to adhere to) can,and do, still trump the laws of the land....

"You must stun all animals before you slaughter them unless an animal is being religiously slaughtered for halal or kosher meat". 8-)

from https://www.gov.uk/guidance/halal-and-kosher-slaughter

So unfortunately, if it's being "allowed" by the Government of the land, then I can't see some ban imposed by a council having much influence overall...

(but await stories of legal claims being submitted by parents of "discriminated against" kids..)

Let's hope this is the start of recovering 'our' standards and values lost over the decades by liberal 'multicultural' (for that read 'do everything necessary to accommodate any group that has leanings that are at odds with our cultural values') inclusive, offend no one (ha that's a laugh), consider everyone (as long as it's not straight, Christian Brits)brigade. 

Archived