Excitement......

Sparkle

Following Mikes thread about threads... why don't we all do something exciting........ like a forum competition.....

Maybe a treasure hunt over a forthcoming weekend, or a bed making competition to see who can make up their motorhome (or caravan I suppose) bed the fastest.... all proven with pictures of course........

I can't offer much in bed making speed but what about this for setting up..

Down near La Rochelle many moons ago, there we were having a siesta after a long liquid lunch.

Up rolls these 2 Brits in large newish Hymers.

In less than 10 minutes one of them had:-

Levelled it

Hooked up

Took water on

Put the BBQ on

Got the awning out

Got the sun loungers out

Was having a beer

The other guy wasn't far behind neither. I got talking to them both later and complemented them on their efficiency.

Mr Under Ten Minutes replied saying that it was a competition between the 2 of them every where they went.

Each to their own 8-) 8-) 8-)

I always admire people who can drive those big A class Hymers, when they are sitting so far back from the windscreen.

I sometimes wonder if train for it by driving a Mondeo from the back seat ?

( O.K. - I admit this has nothing to do with making beds - but somone did mention Hymers).

:-| :-|

After what you were saying about sleeping in the over-cab Roon I thought I would give it a try last weekend.

I turfed out half a ton of things that had been up there since my first outing and had never used - that'll save on the fuel too !

Covered the rungs of the (very hard) wooden ladder with pipe lagging held on with double-sided tape as per your instructions.

Got my son with his long arms to make the bed up for me - and hey presto, no more struggling with the pull out drawer, big-cushion-jigsaw and bedding every night.

Downside is the lack of headroom if I want to read in bed. Also it did get rather warm and I couldn't get the duvet off me. (lol)

malc d - 2008-06-15 2:59 PM

I always admire people who can drive those big A class Hymers, when they are sitting so far back from the windscreen.

I sometimes wonder if train for it by driving a Mondeo from the back seat ?

( O.K. - I admit this has nothing to do with making beds - but somone did mention Hymers).

:-| :-|

Hymers, who mentioned Hymers. Actually they are a doddle to drive.Thats not the C. class doddle but A.class.

Mick H.

LordThornber - 2008-06-15 2:26 PM

I can't offer much in bed making speed but what about this for setting up..

Down near La Rochelle many moons ago, there we were having a siesta after a long liquid lunch.

Up rolls these 2 Brits in large newish Hymers.

In less than 10 minutes one of them had:-

Levelled it

Hooked up

Took water on

Put the BBQ on

Got the awning out

Got the sun loungers out

Was having a beer

The other guy wasn't far behind neither. I got talking to them both later and complemented them on their efficiency.

Mr Under Ten Minutes replied saying that it was a competition between the 2 of them every where they went.

Each to their own 8-) 8-) 8-)

We were on a small site in Gloucestershire and a van pulled in and before the wheels had hardly stopped they were walking over to us with a glass of wine in their hands.Now thats really efficient.

Mick H.

Sparkle - 2008-06-15 9:37 AM

Following Mikes thread about threads... why don't we all do something exciting........ like a forum competition.....

Maybe a treasure hunt over a forthcoming weekend, or a bed making competition to see who can make up their motorhome (or caravan I suppose) bed the fastest.... all proven with pictures of course........

How about if you put your poscode on the forum and see how long it takes us all to drive to your house.

Mick H.

Mick H. - 2008-06-15 6:18 PM

How about if you put your poscode on the forum and see how long it takes us all to drive to your house.

Mick H.

Thats fine with us..... Tony did it... and the postcodes here only relate to the village or town not the house...plus I'd love to see some of you negotiate the small old town streets!!!

Bruce and I split the jobs in our M/h..... I do indoors, he does outdoors (luckily the Thetford classes as outdoors..... :-D )

So when we stop, he sorts out the chairs small table etc, I sort out the fridge, glasses and then we're sitting there with a few minutes watching other poor souls battle with their plastic wedges and levelling etc etc etc......ah its a hard life!

How about anyone up for the treasure hunt each picks one thing that we have to collect.......within reason this is............and then we decide when the deadline will be to collect it all by?

Can you start us off Sparkle and maybe we'll understand what and how once it gets going. Joy

Just remembered you want photographic proof..... guess CArol and I won;t be winning many of these then :-(

ROON - 2008-06-15 3:15 PM

Maggy, you ask 'How's that?' ....... I call it 'cheating' :-)

I'm amazed you all 'make the beds up' - I just plonk my sleeping bag on it - does that mean I've won Sparkle?

Me Cheating :D :D He wont let me pull the bed out its too heavy!! or put it away!! and we just use a double bag as well but he pinches the best pillows, :-D I dont mind I end up throwing my pillow away anyway after Ive read my book.

Tony Jones - 2008-06-16 9:34 AM

Of course you will Joy.

Pictures can be absolutely ANY way up, can't they Sparkle?

T x

What lovely teeth you have Tony :-D I notice teath ! as I have a gap in mine its supposed to be lucky but I hate it.

Roon, recon some people are just showing off with these photo's :D

I can get up in a morning have breakfast shower and be on the road in 3/4of a hour I do inside OH does outside.

We can pull up on site and have things sorted in 10 mins.

AND IT TAKES ME 5 HOURS TO GET ONE PHOTO ON >:-) >:-) I give up. Carol. :D

maggyd - 2008-06-16 1:45 PM

Tony Jones - 2008-06-16 9:34 AM

Of course you will Joy.

Pictures can be absolutely ANY way up, can't they Sparkle?

T x

What lovely teeth you have Tony :-D I notice teath ! as I have a gap in mine its supposed to be lucky but I hate it.

Just one more payment and they are his.

Mick H.

Archived