FLABBERGASTED

Randonneur

Hate to spoil the fun but the sticker may well have attached itself in transit rather than actually have come via NZ. I saw this happen many times when I was in the trade, so to speak.

My favourite memory of this matter was delivering a letter which had been posted from Australia. The flap was merely folded in the envelope and not sealed, just as I was about to plonk it through the door I spotted another letter had nestled itself in the back of the envelope.

I removed it and saw it was for local delivery in Australia. The 2 letters had become entwined in the Oz postal system 12000 miles away.

Goodness knows what the poor (eventual), recipient must have thought at the items 24000 mile detour.

Martyn

Hello Malc, I'm a long time out of the game, and things will have changed but 6-8 weeks is pretty poor.

On the flip side, I can clearly remember delivering a letter from Australia posted only 5 days earlier & it was Christmas!!!

Blimey how sad is remembering that? Think I'd better go and count some grass seeds

8-)

LordThornber - 2008-05-28 1:03 PM

Hate to spoil the fun but the sticker may well have attached itself in transit rather than actually have come via NZ. I saw this happen many times when I was in the trade, so to speak.

Martyn

I don't think that is the case as before we have had labels on from Germany and Switzerland.

There was a distribution problem for overseas MMM mags so maybe this is a new route. Will have to ask Sparkle if theirs has the same sticker on.

Archived