FREECYCLE anyone?

Lizzy

I've been having a clear out and things that charity shops don't want I offer up on the local FREECYCLE group via e-mail. Surprising what folks want to take or what they request :-D - hasn't reached motorcaravan 'free to good home' yet but cars have been offered and snapped up!

The first thing I offered up were 5 new squash balls - they went in a flash! I've passed on a part-made rug; glassware; furniture ........ I've met some interesting people too .......... *-) Because Charity shops can't take electrical goods offer them on your local freecycle group; many people are moving house/changing styles and will snap them up. A friend cleared her parents' house when they went into 'care' to a young family just setting up home - they were delighted as most of the white goods were under 5 years old.

• 5 months later...
Lizzy Just wanted to bring this up again - it's a brilliant thing, this 'freecycle' lark. I joined it last week and since then have acquired a couple of things and given away a couple of things. Can heartily recommend anyone to join it: http://www.freecycle.org/ register and you can join a group in your area. I wish I'd done this before dumping loads of back copies of motorhome mags the other week, I'm sure someone would've used them. Ah well, at least I can do this in the future. ;-)

Interesting comments here. I have been to USA a few times, and you cannot fail to see the big hoardings on motorways, placed by the Sally Army requesting dontations, especially CARS and BOATS ! I know there is a throw away society over there, but such items ?

Twooks Must admit it's been a bit quiet today, not sure why. It's just a case of keeping looking to see what's going if you're after something though put a posting on, that's what I did for something I wanted and got a response within 24 hours.

thanks, will keep that in mind, we are more in offloading mode at the minute. Anybody want some QUAD Hifi units??????????????????????? and .. and .. and the list is endless, and I thought we'd achieved a pretty good clearance 3 years ago when we moved house. *-) B-)

In mid-Feb I offered up a greenhouse-type paraffin heater: no offers. On Monday I re-offered it and had 4 people after it! There is another site: dontdumpit: I believe that's the title ;-) but haven't looked there yet.

Guest gootler

I've created a new forum called "free recycle" where you can giveaway the things you don't want anymore, or post the things you want.obviously it's not a new idea as we've all heard of "freecycle" but Idon't believe theres a specific motorhome related one anywhere andthought you might like it. Anyway give it a go and if it doesn't catchon then I'll whip it off quicker than you can say "thats rubbish"!

Click here to visit

Archived