Ferries means Ferries

Barryd999

Our wonderful government is nothing if not resourceful. On discovering that the ferry company they just handed millions of pounds of our money to actually didnt have any boats at all and actually are not even a ferry company the Brexit hardliners had the brilliant idea of bringing the Royal Yacht Britannia out of hibernation. Unfortunately it doesnt really have the capacity to take on hundreds of 48 ton Juggernauts but our brilliant Brexiteer Pollys have thought of that as well. They will simply form a human chain loading the supplies on at Calais where they will be stored in Prince Philips old bedroom and on the upper deck croquet court

Sadly places for passengers will be at a premium due to the expected high demand but once again our brilliant Brexit politicians have thought of that and Boris himself has organised his own slightly smaller passenger ferry which he managed to "take back control" of from a bunch of pesky Iranian migrants he tossed into the sea this morning.

869118448_britanniabrexit(Custom).jpg.6f6317b577e4ac255f23b6afe69ab099.jpg

1413322372_DMMmTLeW0AI-g4b(Small)(Custom).jpg.8c1968736899d66ac5f921d060f0c481.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2018-12-31 1:21 PM

Our wonderful government is nothing if not resourceful.

That's not the word I would use Barry - inept - incompetent - incapable - would all seem more appropriate!

May I be the first to wish you a very happy Brexitmas for 29th March!!!

Bet they wish they had kept HMS Ocean now!!

Staggering isn't it? £13.8 million to a "ferry company" with no ferries. *-)

Even a Tory councilor slammed it.

Paul Messenger also questioned whether the government had carried out sufficient checks on the firm, telling the BBC: “It has no ships and no trading history so how can due diligence be done?

“Why choose a company that never moved a single truck in their entire history and give them £14m? I don’t understand the logic of that.” *-)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-ferry-contract-no-deal-seaborne-freight-ramsgate-port-kent-a8704776.html

Ah, but you've missed the bit about operating the ferries from Ramsgate, which has been closed as a commercial ferry port since 2013. Er, customs clearance sheds, immigration reception building, ticketing facilities, parking areas, vehicle loading ramps and the necessary safety and operational checks?? Then there's the small matter of operating staff both for port and for HMCE and IS officers. All by 1 April?? Looks a clear winner to me! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2018-12-31 3:49 PM

Ah, but you've missed the bit about operating the ferries from Ramsgate, which has been closed as a commercial ferry port since 2013. Er, customs clearance sheds, immigration reception building, ticketing facilities, parking areas, vehicle loading ramps and the necessary safety and operational checks?? Then there's the small matter of operating staff both for port and for HMCE and IS officers. All by 1 April?? Looks a clear winner to me! :-D

Problems, problems, what's with the negativity Brian, just put Boris in charge - he'll sort it!

Ans the result should be very interesting!!

What our glorious leaders don't seem to have grasped is that there are only really three ferry companies that run suitable roll on roll off ferries that are available for the massive amount of traffic between France and the UK that's vital to our economy and lives. You cant just go and hire a ferry like the gormless feckless idiots would hail a cab in Westminster. Hertz don't have a fleet of them bobbing about in a marina waiting to be hired. I suppose when our recently resigned Brexit minister Raab C Brexit only just learned how vital and busy Dover to Calais was this kind of bonkers thinking and pishing more of our money away on more pointless Brexit disaster recovery schemes should come as no surprise.

Brian Kirby - 2018-12-31 3:49 PM

So.

Lots of jobs created in Ramsgate by Brexit !

At last - ONE actual benefit has been identified by leaving the EU.

Let's just hope there are more.

;-)

Tracker - 2018-12-31 5:31 PM

https://commercial.apolloduck.com/boat/commercial-vessels-ferry-ropax-ferries/513678

The answer to all our Brexit prayers - just need a long enough chain now!

There you go Rich! I was wrong. We could just roll those up on the beach, no need to go near the gridlocked ports. Batter in one end of the chain with a giant tent peg on the beach at Calais and the other end on the beach at Dover. We could get some of them migrants in the rubber dinghies to lay the chain on their way across. Progress!

Well nothing would surprise me now with the current set of Muppets running the show. Didnt Boris actually talk about building such a bridge across the channel? 8-)

If this report from Ramsgate Action Group is true, heads will roll, preferably Graylings for starters.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/963579693754088/permalink/1793471127431603/

Surely its all just a big prank. At the 11th hour on the 28th of March Theresa May will just announce its all been one massive April fool joke. The funny foreigners might not share our wacky British sense of humour though.

There's a stench of corrupt cronyism involved in this.

Mark Bamford, Director of a Maritime law firm which shares the same company address as Seaborne Freight. Mark Bamford is the brother of Lord Anthony Bamford.....whose excavator company, JCB, was fined a whopping £22 million eight years ago after violating EU company laws.

Lord Bamford is one of the Tory parties largest donors.....and Brexiter.

Go figure.

Tracker - 2018-12-31 7:04 PM

Or join together several of these and put the French owned tunnel out of business - now that does have to be a good idea!

!

What a brilliant idea Tracker, whilst we are in the process of cutting our national nose off......to spite our face, let’s see if we can find another part of our anatomy, to cut off, just to finish the job.

I have no sense of humour on this, so maybe I haven’t spotted how far your tongue is thrust into your cheek ? Maybe not.

Snowie

snowie - 2018-12-31 7:35 PM

I have no sense of humour on this, so maybe I haven’t spotted how far your tongue is thrust into your cheek

Joking? Me? You cannot be serious!

I am serious though - sod the EU - sod 'em all - we don't need them - they need us - how will they ever manage without British humour to guide them and make sure they go on getting it wrong!

Happy Brexitmas to you too Snowie!

PS - Why worry about things over which you have no control - life's too short innit?

Tracker - 2018-12-31 8:19

I am serious though - sod the EU - sod 'em all - we don't need them

I hope you are listening to R4 in the mornings Tracker, 9am “As others see us”

You probably won’t give a stuff. This morning was what Germans think of us. I suppose it’s subjective; and selective, may not be representative, but I found it very good, and believable.

I doubt if we’ll hear from all 27 of the remaining EU countries, but it was a surprise.

Have a good year,

Snowie

snowie - 2018-12-31 8:58 PM

Tracker - 2018-12-31 8:19

I am serious though - sod the EU - sod 'em all - we don't need them

I hope you are listening to R4 in the mornings Tracker, 9am “As others see us”

You probably won’t give a stuff. This morning was what Germans think of us. I suppose it’s subjective; and selective, may not be representative, but I found it very good, and believable.

I doubt if we’ll hear from all 27 of the remaining EU countries, but it was a surprise.

Have a good year,

Snowie

Snowie

That programme is on each morning this week - and repeated sometime late evening I think.

5 countries views of us : Germany - India - Canada - Nigeria - Egypt ( if I remember correctly ! )

The view of the UK from outside is always interesting - we just have to hope that they don't read Chatterbox.

Happy new year .

;-)

malc d - 2018-12-31 9:14

5 countries views of us : Germany - India - Canada - Nigeria - Egypt ( if I remember correctly ! )

The view of the UK from outside is always interesting - we just have to hope that they don't read Chatterbox.

Happy new year .

;-)

I was hoping it would be EU based, but I suppose a wider view at this time will be good,

And yes I too hope something similar.

Have a good one, not long now!

Snowie

At the end of the day, or year, it matters not what carefully selected members of any other country think of the UK and as there is nothing I can do to change their views, nor would I even if I could, I don't care enough to listen to the broadcasts.

What is the point of being concerned with things over which you have no influence?

Always look on the bright side of life!

Happy new Brexitmas to all - see you next year!

I still want to know why extra ferries would be needed, AFAIK the journey between the ports will not be affected, it's the customs at each end, unless they are considering having to keep the trucks on the ferries until customs are cleared.

colin - 2019-01-01 12:25 AM

I still want to know why extra ferries would be needed, AFAIK the journey between the ports will not be affected, it's the customs at each end, unless they are considering having to keep the trucks on the ferries until customs are cleared.

Part of Mays master plan to panic folk into taking her deal. Ramsgate isn't even an actual commercial port despite Seaborne claiming they will be running cargo shipments through there.

Not sure if you've twigged the other part to this either? See my post up-thread re. links to a major Tory donor,

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-12-31 3:54 PM

What our glorious leaders don't seem to have grasped is that there are only really three ferry companies that run suitable roll on roll off ferries that are available for the massive amount of traffic between France and the UK that's vital to our economy and lives.

More desperate tosh from the Remoaner brigade.........How does all that trade manage to get here at the moment Barry? *-) ...........

Or are the EU going to torpedo a few ferries after the 29th 8-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-01 1:10 AM

Part of Mays master plan to panic folk into taking her deal. Ramsgate isn't even an actual commercial port despite Seaborne claiming they will be running cargo shipments through there.

All ports of any size are commercial *-) ..........

During the live exports debacle the exporters switched from the larger ports to smaller ports to avoid the demonstrators :-| .........

I know.......as I got my shins kicked by the Rozzers when they started using Brightlingsea >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-01-01 9:39 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-12-31 3:54 PM

What our glorious leaders don't seem to have grasped is that there are only really three ferry companies that run suitable roll on roll off ferries that are available for the massive amount of traffic between France and the UK that's vital to our economy and lives.

More desperate tosh from the Remoaner brigade.........How does all that trade manage to get here at the moment Barry? *-) ...........

Or are the EU going to torpedo a few ferries after the 29th 8-) ..........

Errr, we are in the Single Market and Customs union Dave which means we have frictionless trade and the wonderful thing called free movement. If Brexit goes ahead all that will stop and the paper work for one lorry is about two inches thick. There are four million lorries each year crossing the channel. It doesnt take a genius to work out what will happen if they all have to be inspected and held up at customs.

They cant put more ferries on because there arent anymore ferries, they are all in use and Ramsgate is not fit for purpose as a port and never will be.

pelmetman - 2019-01-01 9:44 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-01 1:10 AM

All ports of any size are commercial *-) ..........

It ceased operations six year ago due to the lack of berthing and isn't even deep enough to take commercial vessels now. You need to read up more. Seaborne is purely a shell company which had £66 in 'assets' and over £370k debt. Their "ferries" don't exist and they've never run a shipping company at all......yet your Tory/Kip government want to bung them almost £14 million.

Archived