Finally the UK is "world beating" under Johnson

Barryd999

Barryd999 - 2021-01-18 6:02 PM

Number 1 again!! 8-)

Not bad for an Island state. A legacy of too little too late, unclear and unenforced rules has secured the number 1 slot for us once again.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/uk-covid-death-rate-coronavirus-b1788817.html

Strange statista has us at 6th one up from last week I know whose figures I would believe.

teflon2 - 2021-01-18 6:19 PM

Number 1 again!! 8-)

Not bad for an Island state. A legacy of too little too late, unclear and unenforced rules has secured the number 1 slot for us once again.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/uk-covid-death-rate-coronavirus-b1788817.html

Strange statista has us at 6th one up from last week I know whose figures I would believe.

Statista quotes 108.76 deaths per million over 7 days, the highest figure of all 152 countries listed on their site.

Birdbrain - 2021-01-18 7:57 PM

Yet ... https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/ ... Sickening that the sisters seem to take great joy at the UK death rates ... Says a lot I suppose ... Stuart

Same figures. We are top in the 7 day rolling total.

Not joy but anger. Anger at an inept government and a moron of a leader and anger at inept and moronic people, a perfect storm.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-18 9:53 PM

Yet ... https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/ ... Sickening that the sisters seem to take great joy at the UK death rates ... Says a lot I suppose ... Stuart

Not joy but anger. Anger at an inept government and a moron of a leader and anger at inept and moronic people, a perfect storm.

There was a time that occasionally he spoke some sense.

FB_IMG_1611013788484.thumb.jpg.04ac7e8cf4b0ebc680e9a525e89fee09.jpg

You dont think the new 'British' variant has sumat to do with it ??? ... Given your non-stop, incessant, never ending, day after day after day pure hatred thrown at the government on probably many forums, facebook and Labour support groups I can only assume you take great joy in the Covid list numbers ... Not Priti ... Stuart ???

No joy here....

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20210111-israel-rejects-whos-request-to-provide-palestine-medics-covid-vaccines/

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-18 11:54 PM

There was a time that occasionally he spoke some sense.

No wonder BoJo never goes on Radio or TV to answer unscripted questions (like Nicola Sturgeon does most days)

Number 1 again!! 8-)

UK might be Number 1 in the money borrowed and spaffed away on Covid too

Given we were about the last to start buying the PPE?

£400 billion plus last figure I heard

Heard of one school sitting on £120k worth they got in for this term, and can't use as BoJo closed them down on the day they started back.

Birdbrain - 2021-01-19 6:26 AM

You dont think the new 'British' variant has sumat to do with it ??? ... Given your non-stop, incessant, never ending, day after day after day pure hatred thrown at the government on probably many forums, facebook and Labour support groups I can only assume you take great joy in the Covid list numbers ... Not Priti ... Stuart ???

What was the excuse in the first wave when we also hit the number 1 slot? The legacy of failure by this government to control the virus goes right back to the very start when we lost our advantage and Johnson sat on his hands and bragged about shaking hands in Covid hospitals. He has been too slow time after time after time ever since and unclear or too much of a light touch on rules and enforcing them, that mixed with too many Morons is why we are in a perfect covid storm.

The only saving grace is the vaccine which thankfully they have had feck all to do with. I believe the roll out is being handled by the NHS so thankfully unlike everything else they have gifted to their mates like the dreadful Track and Trace system which has cost Billions it might have a chance of success.

Johnson and this cabinet need to go.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-19 11:39 AM

What was the excuse in the first wave when we also hit the number 1 slot? The legacy of failure by this government to control the virus goes right back to the very start when we lost our advantage and Johnson sat on his hands and bragged about shaking hands in Covid hospitals. He has been too slow time after time after time ever since and unclear or too much of a light touch on rules and enforcing them, that mixed with too many Morons is why we are in a perfect covid storm.

The only saving grace is the vaccine which thankfully they have had feck all to do with. I believe the roll out is being handled by the NHS so thankfully unlike everything else they have gifted to their mates like the dreadful Track and Trace system which has cost Billions it might have a chance of success.

So no other countries are in your "perfect covid storm" ??? ... Does you also mean that every country that ends up roughly with the same kind of figures we have that there governments also "need to go" or is it just ours ???

Birdbrain - 2021-01-19 2:05 PM

So no other countries are in your "perfect covid storm" ??? ... Does you also mean that every country that ends up roughly with the same kind of figures we have that there governments also "need to go" or is it just ours ???

Dunno, I dont really follow other countries leaders that much apart from the USA and thats one down, one to go. (lol) Maybe there are other leaders that need to go.

Do you think Johnson is fit to be PM? Do you think he has handled the Covid crisis well?

I would have supported the government through this crisis had they been remotely competent, it would have been good for the country if we could have been able to do that but Im not invested in them and I can see just how badly they have performed. Take off the Brexit blinkers and see them for what they are.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-19 2:18 PM

Dunno, I dont really follow other countries leaders that much apart from the USA and thats one down, one to go. (lol) Maybe there are other leaders that need to go.

Do you think Johnson is fit to be PM? Do you think he has handled the Covid crisis well?

I would have supported the government through this crisis had they been remotely competent, it would have been good for the country if we could have been able to do that but Im not invested in them and I can see just how badly they have performed. Take off the Brexit blinkers and see them for what they are.

Chuckle ... Hypocrisy lives ... I dont "give a toss about America" and "I dont really follow other countries leaders that much apart from the USA" ... Lordy my, the same fella said both ... Round and round and round he goes, what guff he says next no one knows

Bulletguy - 2021-01-19 3:07 PM

This bears out what all similar media charts/graphs are currently showing. We have the worlds highest death rate per million. Herd immunity was mentioned last year early on. It looks like they're on the way toward that.

https://tinyurl.com/yykpmxck

Not sure really how relevant that is as most countries don't give either complete or truthfull figures.

jumpstart - 2021-01-19 5:17 PM

This bears out what all similar media charts/graphs are currently showing. We have the worlds highest death rate per million. Herd immunity was mentioned last year early on. It looks like they're on the way toward that.

Not sure really how relevant that is as most countries don't give either complete or truthfull figures.

And you think we do?!

Birdbrain - 2021-01-19 2:40 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-01-19 2:18 PM

Chuckle ... Hypocrisy lives ... I dont "give a toss about America" and "I dont really follow other countries leaders that much apart from the USA" ... Lordy my, the same fella said both ... Round and round and round he goes, what guff he says next no one knows

How about answering my questions? It was probably you that got us all interested in American politics with your daily pro Trump posts for the last five years. Now we are all experts thanks to you so its of interest.

Sadly we are not. I heard today on the news that 1 in 10 in the UK have had covid. I think they must have got that figure from anti body tests in a cross section of people. Thats just 10% of the population. To achieve herd immunity we need about 80% I think or more. Considering nigh on 100000 people have died with just 10% infected if they had continued with their bonkers herd immunity idea does that not mean nearly a million people would be dead as a result if it had just been allowed to run rife?

Archived