First Service

michele

Hi Michele, i had to pay for my first service, about £140.00. If going to main dealer and you have not done many miles ask for low mileage service, really oil change new filter and a quick look over, but the main thing is get the service record book stamped *-)

On a M/H forum Mickt you should not need to ask that .

However I will make an exception in your case.

I will not be serviced by anyone on here unless Fiat do it .

I wished it could be Mercede's but alas I have not the money for that kind of service. I don't need a full MOT Job just a first service .

I wonder If I will have to pay .

;-)

Guest starspirit

I've just changed my name to Fiat - can I come and service you Miccy dear?

I think the first service is due at 2 years old or 20K miles and as far as the warranty is concerned is probably worth going for.

Once the 3 year warranty is out the next service can be by any one you like, although then again dealers do like a main dealer stamped book when p/x time comes so a 'cheap' service could be a false economy?

Don't forget the habitation serice and safety checks too.

• 3 weeks later...
derek500 - 2007-01-26 11:20 AM

Had my first service done today. 10,000kms, 10 months. 121.03€.

61.17€ was for oil (6L), 25.85€ oil filter, 10.46€ topping up fluids and 23.55€ for 0.7 of an hour of labour at 33.64€ per hour.

Bit shocked with the price of oil!!

At these prices it's worth a continental trip to get 1st service, would it hold water with Fiat UK, if a European dealer carried it out.

I rthink the UK dealers labour must be double the 33.64 even before converting from Euro's to £, cos the other items won't vary much.

Flicka

Guest starspirit
Imperial garage Haverfordwest Peugeot dealers charge £69.95 per hour, but that does include VAT - shame it does not include competence as well.

Archived